Team changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Uninspiring changes. Jones. Really? Would’ve hoped Dixon and give him hope. But going to be a whole team of WAFL carried by Fyfe, Walters and Hamling

I'd have liked to see him play just because there is so little to lose but at 194cm he'd get murdered in the ruck on Sunday and he's only kicked 6 goals for the year (13 games) and so a risky in considering we're still trying to get McCarthy involved.

Valente is only two games back at WAFL level so North was the one I really hoped to see just to gauge if there's anything to be hopeful about.

Mr Fonebone

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Ham
Hale has only got one game in charge and he does,nt want it to be a flogging. Would not look good on his CV.

Steady as she goes it will be with perhaps a minor tweak. Cannot revamp the game plan on the last game of the season

Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Any danger of Ross playing some youth
That forward line if that is how they line up is as bad as any selected this season. You have 2 small forwards 1 who applies zero forward pressure but does hit the scoreboard and the exact opposite in the second. You have a true high half forward coming out of the goal square who can only take a mark if he has 5 meters on his opponent but is generally a reliable kick. And 3 mid forwards who would all struggle to break 6ft
1 is a genuine gun
1 is a goer but a bit raggedy
The third is a true mid with questionable work rate and can’t really remember him playing much as a forward
Hodgepodge is the only word that describes selection given the glaring deficiencies of the past 2 weeks

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
What purpose does it serve playing Ed Langdon with week?

Foxsports and Herald Sun both already reporting he's told the club he's out. Why not give his spot to a kid we can expose to AFL footy? Might be someone on the list's dream to one day play for Freo, where as Langdon can't wait to get out of the place.

Where's our dignity?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
What purpose does it serve playing Ed Langdon with week?

Foxsports and Herald Sun both already reporting he's told the club he's out. Why not give his spot to a kid we can expose to AFL footy? Might be someone on the list's dream to one day play for Freo, where as Langdon can't wait to get out of the place.

Where's our dignity?
When he say that? He did like Ross and probably gutted to see him go

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
They need to play their way in. Neither have been any good this year.
There’s no point gifting them 1 game this year when they’ll get a new one torn. It’d just kill their confidence
Hi Ross. Hope you are feeling better.

Confidence? From being in the system 2y and not getting a game, even when nothing is on the line and the whole tall forward line (bar McCarthy) is unavailable. Even though there's literally no one else to do your role, and in your year group you were the best contested mark for a tall and good kick for goal, and we've been training you for 2 years, we're still leaving you out 'cause we don't want you to feel bad. That's the definition of a confidence killer for me.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
All the ins are playing for their careers. The Club needs to give them one last chance. Dixon and Sturt injuries aside are still in development and have time on their side.
North is the one I feel for it seems they don't rate him and he's on the way out.
Yep. Things went south for North. Looks gorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
So, Ryder and Lycett Vs Jones and... um...

oh crap.

Luke Strnadica just spat out his Rice Bubbles.

In order of who I would want assisting Jones:

Lobb
Darcy
Taberner
Meek
Cox
Sandilands
Pearce - Ranked so far down because I never want Pearce risked in the ruck and he should be in our backline anyway.
Hamling - See Pearce

Which I think makes Dixon plan I?

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
Dixon should have been in from the off. Show him the standard he's got to get to. There's nothing to lose giving young fellas a game when you're done for the season.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Jones has only been playing off and on in the WAFL since mid-season. Pretty big ask for him to suddenly take on lead ruck at AFL level.

I'd like to see him remain on our list, and a good performance on Sunday will go a long way.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Dixon should have been in from the off. Show him the standard he's got to get to. There's nothing to lose giving young fellas a game when you're done for the season.

Not sure what you mean by "been in from the off" , but you do know that and "done for the season" technically means this week, you could argue a couple of weeks ago at the most. Dixon has also battled injury for a good deal of the year, not even able to string WAFL games together until mid season and was no way known ready for AFL.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. We've not had this magical treasure trove of young players busting to come in, a couple here and there is all that could have been different.

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
Not sure what you mean by "been in from the off" , but you do know that and "done for the season" technically means this week, you could argue a couple of weeks ago at the most. Dixon has also battled injury for a good deal of the year, not even able to string WAFL games together until mid season and was no way known ready for AFL.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. We've not had this magical treasure trove of young players busting to come in, a couple here and there is all that could have been different.
If you don't know what done for the season you're not very good at maths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back