Teams 2017 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like Heeny He is seriously unproven;
View attachment 337859
and it is almost impossible to predict what you will get from winged in 2017. If you really want some mid priced for options I would only take one of those. I believe roughy however is a far better pick then both of them, around 90k cheaper only needs to average 80-90 to make you 100k and is proven scorer.View attachment 337861
Appreciate your opinion man!

I think heeny will improve as thebeardamigos said he's only 20 + the talk of more midfield minute's. You can see hes gonna be a gun the way he played last season in a few games. Hoping hes the Luke Parker of the forward line of a few seasons back.

Wingard is a risk but backing him in at this stage to get back to his best, spesh with th talk of more midfield time.

Also have roughy in my side. I just like the balance of this side n don't think there's that many good forward options so hard to say who will be top 8 scorers this year.

Cheers!

Capture.PNG
255k remaining.
Justifications (some have already been mentioned by other posters)
Rance = CD love him, has a high ceiling.
Laird = fairly consistent and should be in the top defenders at the end of the year.
Hartlett = underpriced for what he can produce.
Dangerfield = every man and his dog will have PD, you don't want to be on the receiving end of a 130+ captaincy score.
Pendles = no justification required.
Hannebery = this is the first time I've had him and should be a consistent scorer.
Neale = started with him last year and loved the consistency, might improve even more with Fyfe back.
Selwood = proven gun for many years.
Rockliff = apparently in great nick, very high ceiling.
Gawn = similar to Dangerfield with popularity, no other rucks are really available to pick ahead of him.
Ryder = underpriced, hoping that he can get back to that high 90s/100 average.
Riewoldt = plenty of early games at Etihad and the bloke is a freak athlete.
Dahlhaus = contested touches, tackles and goals.
Roughy = seems to be fit, a player who has gone 90+ in the past for 367k is a lock.

alrighty lads, here is what Fear the Beard contains at this point in time.

Laird: dont know why I'm picking him, just keep going back to him. should be good for a 95-100 average again and no more stupid injuries...
Pittard: HH played back last year and didnt affect my boy Jasper. another 90-95 ave coming up IMO, good enough for D5/D6
KK: Like him, dont know why. Think he will get back to his best this year, after illness and injury last year. 90+
Hampton: Seems the best of the 3 160k rookies at this point in time.
Vickers-Willis: seems logical replacement for Spud Firrito at North. 3rd year on the list. Seems time. not sure on scoring ability. 50-65 IMO
Newman: hearing good things about him out of Sydney. obviously all rookies are placeholders, but seems like he will play and play early. 60-70
Stewart: based on Friday Night, absolute lock for a defensive rookie. scored high 80s/low 90s? with poor KE%. VFL recruit, so knows the Geelong system well.
Smith: looked good today against the Dogs, is rookie listed, so needs to be upgraded.

Dangerfield: Brownlow Medalist, averaged 131 last year, not expecting those levels again this year, but didnt get out of 2nd gear against the Hawks and still scored 115+. LOCK
Pendlebury: as reliable as ever. scored less than 80 about 3 times since 2010 IIRC. his two scores under 100 to finish last season was the first time in about 6 years that has happened.
Kennedy: new captain, super reliable. like him as a pick, 115+
Merrett: bought in due to his performance on Friday. got 25 touches with a close to full Essendon midfield playing. Kid is a gun and future Brownlow Medalist IMO. 110-115
Treloar: Had him all pre season, ended last year like a house on fire, another of the GWS mids who left. Expect a changing of the guard at Pies in terms of SC scoring. 110-115
Fyfe: former Brownlow medalist and former 120+ player. all for 573k! LOCKITY LOCK!!! played 22, 20 and 20 games in 13-15 before 5 last year due to broken leg. expect another 20+ games this year. 110-118
Powell-Pepper: placeholder, but kid is a fking bull. Challenging Ollie Wines at training and almost bigger than him. and the kid is 19 YEARS OLD!!! 70+
Myers: 27 years old, one of the banned Bombers, if he gets a spot in the 22, expect him to score well.
Hibberd: Placeholder
Freeman: Placeholder
Bolton: Placeholder

Gawn: Top ruck of 2016 and with all the doubts over the other rucks scoring ability or injury history, no reason why he cant do it again in 2017. 105-110
Ryder: Got him in rucks with the intent to swing him forward during his bye to get the best R2 on form. 90-100
Strnadica: best loophole option, Freo play 11 Sunday games this year and 0 Friday night.

Riewoldt: Dream run at Etihad to start the season. Absolute legend of the St Kilda Football Club and still going strong. Only concerns are the 'resting' but not too fussed. Another year, another 100+ from Saint Nick.
Dahlhaus: Bought him in after today's game. just gets it done week after week. 95-100
Wingard: Played midfield in the intra. Got BOG. Expect more of the same in JLT and 2017. My smokey for top 3 fwd come seasons end. 95-105
Roughead: Is there a better story? Big Rough fights and beats cancer, named captain of Hawks, expect him to start a little slow, but a 95+ average coming up IMO. So reliable and flexible in how and where he plays.
Black: kicked 4 goals with Hawkins and Taylor in the side. Expect him to play similar to his 2013. 55-70
Long: Placeholder
Miles: Placeholder
Eddy: Rookied by Power, dont think we would have picked him if we werent going to play him. Dont expect anything spectacular from him. 55-65

and there it is, lads. 33,700 left over. All and any thoughts welcome
No Todd Marshall?

Jock Reynolds is my source. According to him, a 105 average through six rounds would get him to $480k. He and I both may be wrong though.

Ahh, ok. Looks a touch on the high side, at 105 thru 6 he'd be around 435k, I reckon, but also not 100% sure.

Thanks for the pic of the hot chick, but what does this have to do with Marshall?
Did you miss the tounge in her cheek?

Try this one then. I sorta thought toxic might like the female version.

IMG_2070.JPG

alrighty lads, here is what Fear the Beard contains at this point in time.

Laird: dont know why I'm picking him, just keep going back to him. should be good for a 95-100 average again and no more stupid injuries...
Pittard: HH played back last year and didnt affect my boy Jasper. another 90-95 ave coming up IMO, good enough for D5/D6
KK: Like him, dont know why. Think he will get back to his best this year, after illness and injury last year. 90+
Hampton: Seems the best of the 3 160k rookies at this point in time.
Vickers-Willis: seems logical replacement for Spud Firrito at North. 3rd year on the list. Seems time. not sure on scoring ability. 50-65 IMO
Newman: hearing good things about him out of Sydney. obviously all rookies are placeholders, but seems like he will play and play early. 60-70
Stewart: based on Friday Night, absolute lock for a defensive rookie. scored high 80s/low 90s? with poor KE%. VFL recruit, so knows the Geelong system well.
Smith: looked good today against the Dogs, is rookie listed, so needs to be upgraded.

Dangerfield: Brownlow Medalist, averaged 131 last year, not expecting those levels again this year, but didnt get out of 2nd gear against the Hawks and still scored 115+. LOCK
Pendlebury: as reliable as ever. scored less than 80 about 3 times since 2010 IIRC. his two scores under 100 to finish last season was the first time in about 6 years that has happened.
Kennedy: new captain, super reliable. like him as a pick, 115+
Merrett: bought in due to his performance on Friday. got 25 touches with a close to full Essendon midfield playing. Kid is a gun and future Brownlow Medalist IMO. 110-115
Treloar: Had him all pre season, ended last year like a house on fire, another of the GWS mids who left. Expect a changing of the guard at Pies in terms of SC scoring. 110-115
Fyfe: former Brownlow medalist and former 120+ player. all for 573k! LOCKITY LOCK!!! played 22, 20 and 20 games in 13-15 before 5 last year due to broken leg. expect another 20+ games this year. 110-118
Powell-Pepper: placeholder, but kid is a fking bull. Challenging Ollie Wines at training and almost bigger than him. and the kid is 19 YEARS OLD!!! 70+
Myers: 27 years old, one of the banned Bombers, if he gets a spot in the 22, expect him to score well.
Hibberd: Placeholder
Freeman: Placeholder
Bolton: Placeholder

Gawn: Top ruck of 2016 and with all the doubts over the other rucks scoring ability or injury history, no reason why he cant do it again in 2017. 105-110
Ryder: Got him in rucks with the intent to swing him forward during his bye to get the best R2 on form. 90-100
Strnadica: best loophole option, Freo play 11 Sunday games this year and 0 Friday night.

Riewoldt: Dream run at Etihad to start the season. Absolute legend of the St Kilda Football Club and still going strong. Only concerns are the 'resting' but not too fussed. Another year, another 100+ from Saint Nick.
Dahlhaus: Bought him in after today's game. just gets it done week after week. 95-100
Wingard: Played midfield in the intra. Got BOG. Expect more of the same in JLT and 2017. My smokey for top 3 fwd come seasons end. 95-105
Roughead: Is there a better story? Big Rough fights and beats cancer, named captain of Hawks, expect him to start a little slow, but a 95+ average coming up IMO. So reliable and flexible in how and where he plays.
Black: kicked 4 goals with Hawkins and Taylor in the side. Expect him to play similar to his 2013. 55-70
Long: Placeholder
Miles: Placeholder
Eddy: Rookied by Power, dont think we would have picked him if we werent going to play him. Dont expect anything spectacular from him. 55-65

and there it is, lads. 33,700 left over. All and any thoughts welcome
Nice team mate, having Kolo at D3 really does allow for a very strong team across all other lines. Personally I don't have the balls to start him and would prefer HH, but come Sunday night he might very well be in my team.

Really like your mids, personally I prefer Hannerbery or Jelwood over Merrett

If Ryder doesn't have to worry about Ken putting Lobbe in the 22, then he's a great R2 until we can identify the best R2 options for the year.

Again, I really like the forward line. I currently have Ryder as F3 but if Lobbe some how isn't playing SANFL, Wingard is my back up for Ryder.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the absence of the team shot. my screenshot decided to be a schoolyard bully and not work for me.

Here it is though

DEFENCE
Joey Montagna (Had him during the last 3rd or quarter last year and loved him)
Taylor Adams [Midfield time + no injuries(hopefully) = SC points. Lock]
Zach Tuohy (Will have more freedom at Geelong to rebound and run down the wing)
Hamish Hartlett (Hope he can rebound and get a 95+ average)
Curtly Hampton
Tom Stewart
(Luke Ryan, Ben Long)

MIDFIELD
Josh P Kennedy (Proven Gun. Lock)
Dan Hannebery (Proven Gun)
Joel Selwood (Been starting with him year after year. Has never let me down. Lock)
Nat Fyfe (Potential 120+ player at 570K. Gets his body right and there's no stopping him. Lock if named Rd1)
Dayne Beams (Potential to score 110+ consistently. Needs to get those knees right though)
Jaegar O'Meara (Will be watching closely in JLT. Definitely no lock. Chance he'll become a rookie by the time season rolls around)
David Swallow (too cheap to pass up a potential 100+ scorer even with injury concerns. Will be watching closely in JLT however)
David Myers
(Sam Powell-Pepper, Jarrod Pickett, Mitchell Hibberd)

RUCK
Stefan Martin (1st edition with S.Martin in it. will likely become Goldy or Gawn by time season rolls around. Body a bit meh)
Aaron Sandilands (Will be following his every move. potential 100+ scorer but his body is... damaged to say the least)
(Luke Stranadica)

FORWARD
Luke Dahlhaus (Proven scorer with very handy DPP. Lock)
Jack Macrae (Good player. I reckon he'll keep it up)
Jack Gunston (rumoured to be playing slightly more on the wing. An 100 average would be perfect)
Paddy Ryder (Will probably be in my team whether that's in the rucks or down forward. Cheap. Someone just tell Lobbe to **** off)
Jarryd Roughead (Proven 95+ scorer at the pice of 367K. Lock)
Brandan Parfitt
(Tim Smith, Brett Eddy)

Cash Left: 52.3K

Bit experimental with the rucks but it does wonders to other lines. very likely to change however.
Deep forward & solid defence & mid.

Thoughts & Suggestions?

Sorry for the absence of the team shot. my screenshot decided to be a schoolyard bully and not work for me.

Here it is though

DEFENCE
Curtly Hampton
Tom Stewart
(Luke Ryan, Ben Long)

MIDFIELD
Joel Selwood (Been starting with him year after year. Has never let me down. Lock)
Nat Fyfe (Potential 120+ player at 570K. Gets his body right and there's no stopping him. Lock if named Rd1)
Dayne Beams (Potential to score 110+ consistently. Needs to get those knees right though)
Jaegar O'Meara (Will be watching closely in JLT. Definitely no lock. Chance he'll become a rookie by the time season rolls around)
David Swallow (too cheap to pass up a potential 100+ scorer even with injury concerns. Will be watching closely in JLT however)
David Myers

RUCK
Stefan Martin (1st edition with S.Martin in it. will likely become Goldy or Gawn by time season rolls around. Body a bit meh)
Aaron Sandilands (Will be following his every move. potential 100+ scorer but his body is... damaged to say the least)
(Luke Stranadica)

FORWARD
Jack Gunston (rumoured to be playing slightly more on the wing. An 100 average would be perfect)
Paddy Ryder (Will probably be in my team whether that's in the rucks or down forward. Cheap. Someone just tell Lobbe to **** off)
Brandan Parfitt
(Tim Smith, Brett Eddy)

Bit experimental with the rucks but it does wonders to other lines. very likely to change however.

Thoughts & Suggestions?

No danger
No Gawn

Captain choice would make me nervous

Love the Gunston pick!

Here it is though

DEFENCE
Curtly Hampton
Tom Stewart
(Luke Ryan, Ben Long)

MIDFIELD
David Myers

RUCK
(Luke Stranadica)

FORWARD
Brandan Parfitt
(Tim Smith, Brett Eddy)

Thoughts & Suggestions?

Neither of you have Pendles

DEF. Docherty, rance, adams, hartlett, markov, stewart, hibberd, ryan
MID. Dangers, hannabury, treloar, fyfe, heppell, vince, powell-pepper, myers, pickett, graham, deluca
RUCK. Sandi, witts, strandica
FWD. Dahlhaus, mcrae, ryder, roughy, bowes, galluchi, balic, lyons

I had gawn but went with sandi for cash to up grade dusty, bont to hannas and treloar and some rookies to markov and vince.

Thoughts? Paticually on rookies. (I know its early in JLT) Any input would be handy. Cheers

Backs - Joey, Adams, Laird, Scharenberg, Hibberd, Newman

Mids - Danger, Pendles, Hannerbery, Selwood, Rockliff, Fyfe, Powell-Pepper, Myers

Rucks - Gawn, Ryder

Fwds - Dahlhaus, Macrae, Roughy, Mccluggage, Ainsworth, Bowes

Hardest is the M4 spot...so many options, think a full preseason for Jelwood is enough to pick him, do people think the ducking rule changes will affect his scoring much?

View attachment 337881
255k remaining.
Justifications (some have already been mentioned by other posters)
Rance = CD love him, has a high ceiling.
Laird = fairly consistent and should be in the top defenders at the end of the year.
Hartlett = underpriced for what he can produce.
Dangerfield = every man and his dog will have PD, you don't want to be on the receiving end of a 130+ captaincy score.
Pendles = no justification required.
Hannebery = this is the first time I've had him and should be a consistent scorer.
Neale = started with him last year and loved the consistency, might improve even more with Fyfe back.
Selwood = proven gun for many years.
Rockliff = apparently in great nick, very high ceiling.
Gawn = similar to Dangerfield with popularity, no other rucks are really available to pick ahead of him.
Ryder = underpriced, hoping that he can get back to that high 90s/100 average.
Riewoldt = plenty of early games at Etihad and the bloke is a freak athlete.
Dahlhaus = contested touches, tackles and goals.
Roughy = seems to be fit, a player who has gone 90+ in the past for 367k is a lock.
Like it mate, my only concern is no Fyfe. If he kills it first few games, you bring him in, then he gets injured you'd be spewing!

Backs - Joey, Adams, Laird, Scharenberg, Hibberd, Newman

Mids - Danger, Pendles, Hannerbery, Selwood, Rockliff, Fyfe, Powell-Pepper, Myers

Rucks - Gawn, Ryder

Fwds - Dahlhaus, Macrae, Roughy, Mccluggage, Ainsworth, Bowes

Hardest is the M4 spot...so many options, think a full preseason for Jelwood is enough to pick him, do people think the ducking rule changes will affect his scoring much?
I don't think so. Yes he ducks but the head high tackles are genuinely there... he will still get a lot of free kicks IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back