Teams 2017 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 337872
Current team at the moment: Last time Sandilands returned after a year off averaged 108, probably won't get there but hopefully will appreciate enough to be a stepping stone to grundy/Martin if he goes down with injury. If that doesn't happen Ryder goes into the ruck and a forward is upgraded using sandliands cash. Picked players that can average high with mid pricers all fallen premos from injury that have the best likely hood of returning to premo status. Didn't have enough cash for another promo in defence so using Hartlett as a stepping stone to another player if he can't average 95+ but if he can I see him as a keeper. Macrae is a bit contentious and may not make it in my team round one.

All feedback is welcome.
Very nice besides Sandi

34 & calf, no good.

Team Version 10287 with $60K left over for rookie corrections at R1. I think it's coming together pretty well.
Backs: Doc and Laird locked and Tuohy and the berg in for now. Hampton on the watch list.

Mids: Top 3 are locks - have a lot of faith in Rocky this year - if he's fit he will go big. Tmich should revel at the Hawks and as a bit of a POD have put in Viney - Gawn/Viney combo should be pretty decent this year.

Rucks: Gawn locked and Witts in at this stage - too much value for a number 1 ruck and the amount of cash he frees up allows bolstering of other lines. Will be looking to upgrade him to Goldie/Martin or whoever is shining as a #2 ruck at R9 bye.

Forwards: Dahl and Roughy are the only locks but I really like the look of Chad and Cad - if they both get significant midfield time and score well in the JLT they will be in my side R1.

Thoughts?
upload_2017-2-19_12-45-36.png

Backs - Joey, Adams, Laird, Scharenberg, Hibberd, Newman

Mids - Danger, Pendles, Hannerbery, Selwood, Rockliff, Fyfe, Powell-Pepper, Myers

Rucks - Gawn, Ryder

Fwds - Dahlhaus, Macrae, Roughy, Mccluggage, Ainsworth, Bowes

Hardest is the M4 spot...so many options, think a full preseason for Jelwood is enough to pick him, do people think the ducking rule changes will affect his scoring much?
I like this team. I would take Hamish Hartlett over hibbered as hibbered as damaged the hammy and coming back after a year off might get stuck in the seconds to build fitness.

JLT.JPG

Fiddled around with my side and changed my defence. Went with players who have upside vs their starting price. There's not many to choose from unfortunately! It allows me to spread cash around a bit, and upgrade Martin to Goldstein. Forward line hasn't changed much in a while, although Black has returned as a placeholder after his impressive showing vs the Hawks. Structurally this is ideal for me. Premium rucks, solid durable midfield keepers x 3 and some good $:points value spread to make sure you 'stay ahead of the pack' early. Going to trade aggressively this year, so I'm prepared to balance a bit of risk across all lines with Hartlett, Murphy, Beams, Swallow, Wingard and Roughead all considered to be risky starters. Roughead and Hartlett are the 2 that might make way for a gun/rookie/cash downgrade. I'd be eyeballing Shaw and possibly a solid forward rookie that may pop up in the JLT.

Have at it guys, looking for some constructive criticism :)

Def: Shaw, Rance, Johannisen, Scrimshaw, Berry, Ryan ( Stewart, Hibberd)

Mid: Dangerfield, Ablett, Bontempelli, Fyfe, M.Murphy, McCluggage, Bowes, Powell Pepper (Myers, Freeman, Graham)

Rucks: Gawn, Grundy (Loophole)

Forwards: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Rioli, Motlop, Ainsworth, Simpkin (Sier, Pickett)

Thoughts?

View attachment 337966Have at it guys, looking for some constructive criticism :)
Pretty solid from my perspective - the only things that would concern me is that Goldie isn't fit at the moment and given how he was off the boil for a lot of last season with a niggling injury I'd avoid him until you know he is cherry ripe. Also I'd only have one of Beam or Murphy in - I think Murphy will be more reliable but Beams has more upside if he can stay fit.

Def: Shaw, Rance, Johannisen, Scrimshaw, Berry, Ryan ( Stewart, Hibberd)

Mid: Dangerfield, Ablett, Bontempelli, Fyfe, M.Murphy, McCluggage, Bowes, Powell Pepper (Myers, Freeman, Graham)

Rucks: Gawn, Grundy (Loophole)

Forwards: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Rioli, Motlop, Ainsworth, Simpkin (Sier, Pickett)

Thoughts?
I'd say you're spending too much on rookies. McCluggage, Scrimshaw, Bowes, Ainsworth and Simpkin are all $160k+ with Berry, Powell-Pepper also getting first round taxes added in also. If you downgraded say, Simpkin and one of Bowes/Ainsworth to a basement price rookie, you'll have over $100k to bump up a Murphy or a Motlop or someone like that.

Looks pretty decent to me. If it was me I would look at switching out one of Shaw/Adams/Tuohy to free up some cash to upgrade Murphy. Alternatively if you have big plums take a punt on Witt at R2 to free up cash to upgrade Murphy.
Is this midfield overkill?
IMG_0628.PNG IMG_0629.PNG

Backs: Docherty, Pittard, Tuohy, Scharenberg, Berry, Newman (Ryan, Stewart)
Mids: Danger, Kennedy, Treloar, Fyfe, Bontempelli, Swallow, Petrevski-Sexton, Myers (Powell-Pepper, Pickett, Graham)
Ruck: Gawn, Goldstein (Freo guy)
Forwards: Dahlhaus, Lynch, Ryder, Mccluggage, Bowes, Daicos (Black, Bolton)

197k remaining for changes.

Dunno what I'm doing with Ryder, but I hate the forward premo choices this season, been jumping between Ryder and another premo forward and Ryder and another premo ruckman or just leave Ryder out, but nothing down forward really interests me.

Backs: Docherty, Pittard, Tuohy, Scharenberg, Berry, Newman (Ryan, Stewart)
Mids: Danger, Kennedy, Treloar, Fyfe, Bontempelli, Swallow, Petrevski-Sexton, Myers (Powell-Pepper, Pickett, Graham)
Ruck: Gawn, Goldstein (Freo guy)
Forwards: Dahlhaus, Lynch, Ryder, Mccluggage, Bowes, Daicos (Black, Bolton)

197k remaining for changes.

Dunno what I'm doing with Ryder, but I hate the forward premo choices this season, been jumping between Ryder and another premo forward and Ryder and another premo ruckman or just leave Ryder out, but nothing down forward really interests me.

What about Jarryd Roughead instead of Ryder if you don't like him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just messed around after seeing some games, and all I can say is my team is just looking more and more like every other team (rookies are placeholders but still). Need to find some PODs, I may have to go back to my dream of Rory Lobb carrying me to SC glory.

Oh well, I have $199,100, need to find that golden ticket, shake things up. I'm thinking the backline is key. JJ down to Vlastuin or someone will open up so much room for activities ($$$), in the forward line especially.

Version 2 (Post Pre-Season Round One Knee Jerk [Becoming Vanilla] Edition)

V2.1.PNG
v2.2.PNG

The answer is Fyfe has played 0 full seasons out of 7, yes, none, nada, zip.

Fyfe has played 16, 21, 9, 19, 18, 18, 5 in his 7 seasons. No idea where you're getting your 22, 20, 20 from. You must be including finals, which are irrelevant.

Gawn has played 1 full season out of 5. This time last year people said they wouldn't go near him because he was injury prone.
And yet those that took the chance and started with Gawn were rewarded. Things sometimes change, sometimes they dont.
Think less risk with Gawn as if he gets injured you can trade down to anyone. Plenty of options for Fyfe aswell.
Problem is, if you dont have either and they hit best, you will be leaking so many points to the teams that do. Their ceilings are so high compared to others on their line or their price.

Nice Rucks, Don't like Hamish Hartlett unproven mid pricers hardly ever work. Gunston's a bit of a pod but can't see him being a top 6 forward but if you believe he will It's a good selection.
Bit of a toss up between HH and MH, I am leaning toward Hartlett at the moment but JLT will be a big influence. MH didn't play in todays game, someone who has been out for that long you would think needs a few games before round one maybe fitness isn't quite there.
I like this team. I would take Hamish Hartlett over hibbered as hibbered as damaged the hammy and coming back after a year off might get stuck in the seconds to build fitness.

Change your mind with the wind much?:rolleyes:

View attachment 338189
what changes should i do if any?
I think you've done well Ed. Some nice PODs and different from the std vanilla teams. Stick with your gut. Like the Shiel Franklin picks.

How much cash left? I notice you have some 102k no names on your bench. You'll need some extra $$$ to have flexibility to chose your right bench rookies before rd1. Other than that I quite like it.

I think you've done well Ed. Some nice PODs and different from the std vanilla teams. Stick with your gut. Like the Shiel Franklin picks.

How much cash left? I notice you have some 102k no names on your bench. You'll need some extra $$$ to have flexibility to chose your right bench rookies before rd1. Other than that I quite like it.
I have 36,500 left

I have 36,500 left
You can downgrade one your expensive rookies to free up more cash if required.

Vickers Willis, Newman, Hampton are options to add in defense. Myers is another in your mids. Should be in Essendond best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back