Teams Team Development (SC GOLD Picker)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had another crack at it, 40k left over.

Think Heater will be D1 again, copped a lot of attention late last year but I think opposition coaches will have a lot more to worry about than plonking defensive fwd on Heater when coming up against the Giants.
Laird has earned LOCK status, there's been a bit of talk about him going into the middle which I hope inst true, he's a jet of the HB, no need to change that.
Had seen a few on here mention Hodge, I've never picked him before because I think he's a campaigner.
Could be his last hurrah and I can't see him going out with a whimper. He's made it in ahead of Lids and Gaz under the "old blokes I can't trust anymore" rule, for the moment. (Gaz could become the exception to the rule, think the round 9 bye could be very good for him)
Danger LOCK
Pendles LOCK
Treloar is my 115+ breakout pick of choice, just think he's a gun, has plenty of SC friendly aspects to his game too. One of my faves.
Provided Fyfe doesn't die before the season starts LOCK.
Hoping TMitch becomes the new Rocky without the constantly dying and burning me stuff.
Beams is a star, just need him not to die also. 432k for a bloke who can go 120+, it's gotta be done.
Gawn over Goldy atm, but both are solid picks. Just think Gawn will benefit from the new rules a bit more.
Sandi is also too good to pass up, pretty good opening draw, all the other Freo rucks are in the clinic, wouldn't think he'll miss any early games because of that. If he survives until his bye it's happy days and I'll sideways/upgrade him to Goldy, maybe Stef, to avoid the round 13 super aids.
Dahl and Macrae just seem like really safe picks.
Heeney is a star. Was already getting the midfield minutes late last year and was killing it, TMitch leaving just makes it even easier for Horse to chuck him in there even more. Worth taking the punt on him with such a poor fwdline crop this year.
The discount on Ryder gets him across the line, 420k for a bloke I think could well be top 6 is a no brainer to me, should be Ports #1 ruck. DPP a bonus.
Screenshot_20170115-225326~2.png Screenshot_20170115-225331~2.png

Think Heater will be D1 again, copped a lot of attention late last year but I think opposition coaches will have a lot more to worry about than plonking defensive fwd on Heater when coming up against the Giants.
Laird has earned LOCK status, there's been a bit of talk about him going into the middle which I hope inst true, he's a jet of the HB, no need to change that.
Had seen a few on here mention Hodge, I've never picked him before because I think he's a campaigner.
Could be his last hurrah and I can't see him going out with a whimper. He's made it in ahead of Lids and Gaz under the "old blokes I can't trust anymore" rule, for the moment. (Gaz could become the exception to the rule, think the round 9 bye could be very good for him)
Danger LOCK
Pendles LOCK
Treloar is my 115+ breakout pick of choice, just think he's a gun, has plenty of SC friendly aspects to his game too. One of my faves.
Hoping TMitch becomes the new Rocky without the constantly dying and burning me stuff.
Beams is a star, just need him not to die also. 432k for a bloke who can go 120+, it's gotta be done.
Gawn over Goldy atm, but both are solid picks. Just think Gawn will benefit from the new rules a bit more.
Sandi is also too good to pass up, pretty good opening draw, all the other Freo rucks are in the clinic, wouldn't think he'll miss any early games because of that. If he survives until his bye it's happy days and I'll sideways/upgrade him to Goldy, maybe Stef, to avoid the round 13 super aids.
Heeney is a star. Was already getting the midfield minutes late last year and was killing it, TMitch leaving just makes it even easier for Horse to chuck him in there even more. Worth taking the punt on him with such a poor fwdline crop this year.
The discount on Ryder gets him across the line, 420k for a bloke I think could well be top 6 is a no brainer to me, should be Ports #1 ruck. DPP a bonus.
View attachment 327528 View attachment 327529
Good use of your bank. Not sure on the Hodge pick though. Chances of him playing 22 are next to zero. Has 14 games to get 300. This is more around the mark.

Danger LOCK
Pendles LOCK
Docherty and Lloyd over heater and hodge imo. Nice team. A lot will be very similar however.

Danger LOCK
Pendles LOCK

Yeah only 12 on field starters the same as mine :(

Don't know why it won't let me upload my screenshot of my team. The files are under 1MB, but it keeps telling me it's too large, which is something I've never been told before! Anyhoo... latest version. 18k left

Doc, Laird, jj, Tom Mac, McGrath, long, Witherden, Stewart

Danger (perma captain) pendles (perma vc), JPK, Neale, Fyfe, SPS, SPP, balic, Pickett, greenwood, Graham

Gawn, Sandi, strained knacker (strnadica)

Dollhouse, heeney, Ryder, Brayshaw, Taranto, Bolton, Kirby, eddy

Pretty weak in the fwds to start with. I'm happy to wait and see on a few at the start. Liking the mac. Averaged 108 over the final 8 games last year. Unfortunately getting him meant I lost my breakout boy in touk touk but lots of time left to get him back in!

Edit: I couldn't bring myself to do it to touk touk. You're back in son!

Out: Brayshaw and taranto
In: touk touk and black

Last edited:
Docherty and Lloyd over heater and hodge imo. Nice team. A lot will be very similar however.

Not a massive wrap for Lloyd, and Doch at 591k is a bit too rich for me, he's only done it once, but I'll definitely get him in at a later date.
You win SC with your trading, doesn't bother me if my team appears pretty cookie cutter to start with.

Good use of your bank. Not sure on the Hodge pick though. Chances of him playing 22 are next to zero. Has 14 games to get 300. This is more around the mark.

Didn't even think about how close he was to 300, you could be on the money with that estimate.

Not a massive wrap for Lloyd, and Doch at 591k is a bit too rich for me, he's only done it once, but I'll definitely get him in at a later date.
You win SC with your trading, doesn't bother me if my team appears pretty cookie cutter to start with.

Didn't even think about how close he was to 300, you could be on the money with that estimate.

Agreed. It doesn't matter if you're a bit generic to start with. Better than that than trying to get PODs for the sake of having PODs. Unless of course you're toxic who is the master of PODliness.

Teams diversify naturally through the year.

And I know what you're saying about doc. The thing is, how much will his price fall? I'm toying with starting him or not, but I reckon he's only gonna come down 70k at the most and I'm not sure that's worth a trade later when I can just start with him. Definately keen to see how he goes preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. It doesn't matter if you're a bit generic to start with. Better than that than trying to get PODs for the sake of having PODs. Unless of course you're toxic who is the master of PODliness.

Teams diversify naturally through the year.

And I know what you're saying about doc. The thing is, how much will his price fall? I'm toying with starting him or not, but I reckon he's only gonna come down 70k at the most and I'm not sure that's worth a trade later when I can just start with him. Definately keen to see how he goes preseason

If your stepping stone appreciates 30k then a 70k saving off a top 5 back is most definitely worth it mate.

Same goes for Gawn. He wont stay at 645k all year but he's the clear number one ruck where as Doc isn't as sure a thing to finish as the number 1 back and will likely get some attention after a breakout year.

Only a handful left from the 2001 draft, and 3 years ago no one would have suggested Hodge would be still playing in 2017. If he was at 250 games maybe Mitchell would still be there and Hodge retired?

latest version of Fear The Beard (78.6k left)

not a lot of defence premos i like the look of, so will go light down here. Laird, Pittard and Mills are the 3 ive decided on so far.
Laird should be over his pissweak injuries and average 100-105 quite comfortably
Pittard has been on the improve for the past 3 years, upping his average by 25 points in the past 2 years. Backing him in for a 95+ ave
Mills, i have been convinced to get him by a few guys on here, who say he will take some of Titch's mid time. Lloyd and HH were the other 2 i wanted here, but didnt want to start JP and HH as we have the round 9 bye.
Rookies are placeholders, but these guys look to be some of the frontrunners early.

Gone deep in the mids, due to the backs being light on.
Danger picks himself. I almost wasnt going to start him, but i started without GAJ a couple of years back when he was similar price and he went 140+ in the first 5 rounds...
JPK i really like the look of this year. The new captain and had an underrated 2016 IMO. His GF was massive and will be looking to avenge for the loss.
Treloar is the 115+ breakout candidate for a lot of people and he was another who slotted in seamlessly into his new team.
Smexy Robbie will only average 105-110 (bloody CD campaigners) but with Port looking to bounce back after 2 down years, he will be the one who leads the way with his sexy footy.
Fyfe, well, Fyfe picks himself basically. Former Brownlow Medallist who was a former number 1 SC player. Question will be can he play a full season?
Tom Mitchell is my smoky for a top 8 mid spot at the end of the year. New team and will be the number 1 man there. Expecting a 105+ average from him.

Rucks are like everyone else. Gawdilands.
Gawn may lose a few points next year due to the trend of top rucks dropping off the year after they finish top in SC.
Sandilands is a risk, but at 308k and with no backup or competition, im backing him to play the first 10-11 games and average 95+

Forwards is interesting.
Nroo is my F1 and im backing him in for a 100-105 year on the wing. With or without the captaincy, this guy always leads from the front and id expect it to be no different in 2017.
Dahlhaus is F2 and im backing him to be a top 3 forward in 2017. However, with the natural progression of the Dogs team, he could drop off a little, but he is such a class player, its unlikely.
Ryder at F3 is a big risk for some, and he may start rusty, but he will come good with the number 1 ruck role at Alberton. Expect him to start slow for the first couple of rounds, but once he gets into the groove of things, he will get back to the Ryder of 13/14
Bennell is the riskiest pick of them all IMO. didnt play in 2016 and has played 45 games in the past 3 years. However, im backing him to get over him calf issues and average 95+. Bennell is full of class and when fit is one of the best players to watch in the game.

upload_2017-1-18_14-23-24.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back