Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooler

Senior List
Feb 11, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
First go. Ruck cover or no ruck cover is doing my head in yet again.

Defenders:
Sam Docherty [CAR] ($591,600)
Heath Shaw [GWS] ($576,500)
Rory Laird [ADE] ($526,800)
Mitchell Hibberd [NTH] [MID] ($123,900)
Ed Vickers-Willis [NTH] ($123,900)
Luke Ryan [FRE] ($117,300)
Tom Stewart [GEE] ($117,300)
Ben Long [STK] [FWD] ($117,300)

Midfielders:
Patrick Dangerfield [GEE] ($716,900)
Scott Pendlebury [COL] ($645,700)
Josh P. Kennedy [SYD] ($617,100)
Dan Hannebery [SYD] ($616,800)
Joel Selwood [GEE] ($606,600)
Nat Fyfe [FRE] ($573,500)
Jarrod Berry [BRL] [DEF] ($139,800)
David Myers [ESS] ($133,700)
Harrison Wigg [ADE] ($123,900)
Tyrone Leonardis [SYD] [FWD] ($123,900)
Shai Bolton [RIC] [FWD] ($117,300)

Rucks:
Todd Goldstein [NTH] ($588,400)
Stefan Martin [BRL] ($488,000)
Luke Strnadica [FRE] [FWD] ($102,400)

Forwards:
Nick Riewoldt [STK] ($549,500)
Jack Macrae [WBD] [MID] ($511,700)
Patrick Ryder [PTA] [RUC] ($418,100)
Aaron Black [GEE] ($137,100)
Jarrod Pickett [CAR] [MID] ($123,900)
Hugh Greenwood [ADE] [MID] ($117,300)
Timothy Smith [MEL] ($102,400)
Brett Eddy [PTA] ($102,400)

Only pick Ryder if you think he will be a top 8 maybe 10 forward. Don't just chose a player for ruck cover for the hell of it. Love the Martin pick ;)

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

That article is full of fallen premos mixed up with midpricers. And half of those from last year were good to serviceable picks (Wells, hall, Greene, Libba). Indeed most of the top coaches would have had at least 3 of these in their teams at some stage last year. And of the ones that didn't work out - well yeah Rich and Crouch sucked quite a few in (including me) but pretty sure the others had very low ownership for a reason - because they were always going to be crap.

Agree with some points though. I think those hoping the likes of Heeney will become top 6 in their position are dreaming - no evidence to suggest he's going to become a must have.

However I think the crop of midpricers and fallen premos in mids is very good this year. have to make sure we assess each player on their merits though.

Of those players he listed from 14-16 I'd had 9 of them over the years.
14 - Newnes = win, Swan = big win
15 - Tyson, Swallow and Sandi = big wins
16 - Rich = puss, but DPP was useful for byes before being traded. Wells = big win, traded in Libba after round two for Rocky = win, ZMerrett = massive win.

Nothing wrong with picking mid pricers imo, all the ones I'm eyeing off, bar Heeney, have shown that they can manage 100+ seasons.

There's a massive difference in picking a player of Beams ilk and picking a numptys like Geary, Savage or SGray who had never had relevancy and just hoping that they breakout due to a change in role or the the old "moving to the midfield" fluff we get every year.

Seems to me like the bloke who wrote the article has picked a few to many dud mid-pricers and it's left him with a bad taste in his mouth, which is understandable, but to say mid-pricers suck just isn't right.

16 - Rich = puss, but DPP was useful for byes before being traded. Wells = big win, traded in Libba after round two for Rocky = win, ZMerrett = massive win.

Nothing wrong with picking mid pricers imo, all the ones I'm eyeing off, bar Heeney, have shown that they can manage 100+ seasons.

There's a massive difference in picking a player of Beams ilk and picking a numptys like Geary, Savage or SGray who had never had relevancy and just hoping that they breakout due to a change in role or the the old "moving to the midfield" fluff we get every year.

Seems to me like the bloke who wrote the article has picked a few to many dud mid-pricers and it's left him with a bad taste in his mouth, which is understandable, but to say mid-pricers suck just isn't right.

The right midpricers rule!

Hairy Lager

Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons

This, history is written.

download (21).jpg

Fooler

Senior List
Feb 11, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
That article is full of fallen premos mixed up with midpricers. And half of those from last year were good to serviceable picks (Wells, hall, Greene, Libba). Indeed most of the top coaches would have had at least 3 of these in their teams at some stage last year. And of the ones that didn't work out - well yeah Rich and Crouch sucked quite a few in (including me) but pretty sure the others had very low ownership for a reason - because they were always going to be crap.

Agree with some points though. I think those hoping the likes of Heeney will become top 6 in their position are dreaming - no evidence to suggest he's going to become a must have.

However I think the crop of midpricers and fallen premos in mids is very good this year. have to make sure we assess each player on their merits though.
People say the same thing every year mate. Hopefully you pick the right ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This might be useful - made it up quickly to help me with my mids picking but I included a few high scorers in other positions. I was tired of going back and forwards to Footywire to check the history of different players.

upload_2017-1-21_13-52-20.png

The smaller the font the more games missed that year (smallest font less than 14 games played)
Shaded cells in increments of 5 (except below 95)
green>=120
yellow 110-119
orange 100-109
red <100

Metapod

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
This might be useful - made it up quickly to help me with my mids picking but I included a few high scorers in other positions. I was tired of going back and forwards to Footywire to check the history of different players.

View attachment 329081

The smaller the font the more games missed that year (smallest font less than 14 games played)
green>=120
yellow 110-119
orange 100-109
red <100
Interesting read thanks for sharing!

Hairy Lager

Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons

View attachment 329081

green>=120
yellow 110-119
orange 100-109
red <100
Green is so sexy...

tumblr_mejeoc2jQ51rnznez.gif

You found anything yet? Going through the same thing my self at the moment.
Found something today if you're still interested. Basically has everything I'd put together myself and more, could have just waited had I known.

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Hi all. Welcome back. Hope you holidays were swell.
First crack at it for the year. I'm relying on Fan Footy's planner which has a few glitches (prices seem ok, some DPP errors however) but think I have it down thanks to some Big Footy perusing :thumbsu:.
I love my team as is and it won't be changing at all ;):D

DEF: S. Docherty, A. Rance, L. Hodge, J. Thurlow, A. McGrath, J. Berry (S. Durdin, C. Cox)
MID: P. Dangerfield, S. Pendlebury, L. Parker, N. Fyfe, D. Heppell, D. Beams, B. Ainsworth, J. Bowes (S. Powell-Pepper, D. Myers, H. Balic)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Gawn (L. Strnadica)
FWD: L. Dahlhaus, L. Franklin, P. Ryder, W. Hoskin-Elliott, K. Turner, H. McKay (S. Bolton, B. Long)
CASH LEFT: $25,600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back