Team for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

If we play Tim solely / mainly ruck and Naughton doesn’t get a tall buddy, we will get smoked.
I think the idea is to have one of Martin or English up forward as much as possible.
I don't have that much trust in Martin's forward craft but if he can split the defenders and bring the ball to ground, having a Dunkley/BSmith/Treloar running onto a contested ball makes us dangerous enough.

At the mid-point of the season now and keen to see how people are now thinking of our best 22 when (if ever) fully fit. My team is:

B: O'Brien, Gardner, Duryea
HB: Dale, Keath, Richards
C: Williams, Bontempelli, Hunter
HF: Treloar, Naughton, [X]
F: Weightman, Bruce, Johannisen
R: English, Macrae, Liberatore
I: Dunkely, Daniel, B.Smith, [X]

The two [X] for mine are between West, McLean, Vandermeer, McNeil and Scott and really not sure which way I'm leaning but probably West and McLean and Scott as the medical sub. Small opening for Ugle-Hagan or Khamis to take one of the two spots.

Leaves the fully fit VFL team (of AFL listed players) as:

B: Parker, Darcy Raak
HB: Cleary, Cordy, Crozier
C: Bedendo, [X], R.Smith
HF: Jones, Schache, Hannan
F: Wallis, Ugle-Hagan, Khamis
R: Sweet, McComb, Garcia
I: Martin, Butler, [X], [X]

Williams Keath Doc
Dale Gardner TOB
Hunter Bont Treloar
VDM English BSmith
Weightman Naughton JUH
Sweet Macrae Dunkley

Daniel Libba RSmith (West/Garcia/Richards)

Hey, I don't think I was too far off. JUH will get there. Remove RSmith and make the last two on the bencch West and Richards, and probably Scott in for VDM, and I think that's a really solid side.

I have a good feeling about 2023.

Our lack of talls around the ground, and lack of experience up forward, has really let us down the last couple of years.

But I reckon next year it might all fall into place, if injuries are kind.

Hey, I don't think I was too far off. JUH will get there. Remove RSmith and make the last two on the bencch West and Richards, and probably Scott in for VDM, and I think that's a really solid side.
Bruce? Hope Cleary will be a goer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back