Team for Round 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, you've definitely picked the three biggest controversial parts! :)

Noble v Markov - line ball, but I am genuinely a Noble fan, and was disappointed he missed the finals this year. You could toss a coin and switch up he and Markov in the lineup, and if so, I reckon Noble would be good as the sub.

WHE - I don't think he overall was all that good in the finals if I'm honest, and honestly not sure how long we can carry his low possession, low pressure act game when a full list to choose from. I do totally acknowledge that the CFC selection committee don't agree with me :)

Lipinski - I am also not impressed by him. Slow, not strong / physical, and disposal under pressure very iffy. Was okay in the GF to be fair, but the prelim he was terrible in my view, and very lucky.
Last 5 or so rounds Johnny's kicking efficiency plummeted, and he lost a few 1v1's. Leggy just finds ways to win them. Doesn't bite off more than he can chew either, happy to kick long or give it to a user after he's carried the ball with speed

You also can't under estimate the roles WHE does for us, can literally play anywhere as well as wing (which we dont have a lot of depth). Kicks handy goals, does the team things, probably one of the first picked.

Patty had a disrupted year with that bad shoulder, couldn't find his feet but look for him to bounce back to 2022 form with a full pre season

I like the rest of the side though. Macrae big tick, lets see what he can do

I’ve been watching all the AFL mini’s on demand starting from R1, 2022. I just finished R3, 2023 v Richmond. I like our forward make up in that game, but that’s at the expense of Mason Cox. Obviously Cox/Cameron works, and they’ll get first crack but I’d love to see AJ back in the side.

That would make our forward 7: Checkers, D-Mac, AJ, Elliott, Beau, Shooter, Bobby. Dunno if we’ll get to see it because C/C have proven themselves, but if form started to waiver then my suggestion could come to fruition and McStay would pinch hit ruck. Not a prediction, just a general comment.

We’ve still got Reef who is sort of at a cross roads imo, I’m getting Ben Crocker vibes. I hope he makes it, but our best 22 has been hard to crack into for two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back