Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 18, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Richmond

Inspired by the article above and the momentum that the Tassie team is building I thought it was high time we had a poll on what guernsey would be best to rep our new club.

Personally I want the state team guernsey as I think it’s a great link back to all the players from Tas and I can see in my mind photos of past players in there Tas strips on the walls of the club.

Also if origin footy isn’t dead the Tas senior mens rep will be as any involvement would mean playing as the Allies and not the state team. That and it’s a great guernsey to begin with, uniting a state under one banner.

Wear the state jumper. State of Origin is dead and buried and it is too good a jumper to be relegated to the u/18s forever.

Its a matter of opinion I guess, but an AFL team from Tasmania is not a state team per se. ;)

I think a predominantly Green jumper would be great, & different to what's already being used.

The Logo may well be the Devil in a heart shape.

Anyway the jumper designers can have fun making some ideas come to life.

So only Tasmanians are allowed on the team then? If not, then it’s not a state side.
They wouldn't be able to field a team of just Tasmanians, well they could, but it wouldn't be competitive, they like to complain about what the Vics have done to Tassie footy, but they will only be competitive with Vic players.

It will be kept afloat by the State government.

They wouldn't be able to field a team of just Tasmanians, well they could, but it wouldn't be competitive, they like to complain about what the Vics have done to Tassie footy, but they will only be competitive with Vic players.

It will be kept afloat by the State government.

WCE, Sydney, Brisbane were the only teams in the VFL/AFL at the start, but they didn't wear a state jumper.

All clubs are kept afloat by someones money. GWS, GC, StKilda are all reliant on huge AFL payments. NM & Hawks were heavily reliant on Tas money, that's why they came here.

Anyway, this thread is about jumpers. Maybe stick to the topic. Plenty of other threads you can go & stink up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something original in the Green and gold. Putting the island on the front would be such a disappointment.
Shhh, don't say anything negative, they don't take too kind to that.

If they call themselves that Island, they may as well have it on the jumpers, put a devil at the bottom biting the arse out of Victoria.

I think green and gold is going too far, that's the Australian colours.

Shhh, don't say anything negative, they don't take too kind to that.

If they call themselves that Island, they may as well have it on the jumpers, put a devil at the bottom biting the arse out of Victoria.

I think green and gold is going too far, that's the Australian colours.
Green and something. Green isn’t used at the moment so is an obvious choice. But gee, the island on the jumper would be just as bad as a Big G for the giants or the suns abomination on the front. Even Freo’s old anchor was original and looked good

Green and something. Green isn’t used at the moment so is an obvious choice. But gee, the island on the jumper would be just as bad as a Big G for the giants or the suns abomination on the front. Even Freo’s old anchor was original and looked good
We shouldn't really be saying anyway, some of them get annoyed when non Tassie people have an opinion.

Leave it up to them, they know what they want.

We shouldn't really be saying anyway, some of them get annoyed when non Tassie people have an opinion.

Leave it up to them, they know what they want.
Sooo, your mob will keep quiet about the prison bars chaos?

(Yes yes, contract, same colours, not the same thing. So on and so forth…)

It’s a national sport, there will be fans outside of the state also. Should they be alienated because of geography?

It’s a national sport, there will be fans outside of the state also. Should they be alienated because of geography?
Well according to some Tasmanians, if you don't live there, you don't have any idea of what they want.

I'm quite happy for you to have an opinion, you have just as much right as anyone, just watch out for the Tassie experts is all i'm saying.

Surely you're not trying to have a sensible conversation? ;)

First thought says use the traditional state colours. As for something different, why not green and black. Green with a black yoke

Yep. I agree

I think predominately Green, with black, or Red, or White, or Orange or whatever would be fine IMO.

No stripes, or hoops, or sashes thanks. The Green jumper with a coloured yoke would be spot on

I'm not into having a state Jumper. Its not a state team, It'd be a club team in a national competition.

Crows are the closest to a state jumper by using the state colours. A strange decision I thought.

Back