• New Jumper With the State Team Colours

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • State team design but logo instead of map

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Something completely original

Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone who moved to the “good island” only 5 years ago, and living through the regulars at the pub in Cygnet saying that they’d rather kill themselves than support a club that plays in Launceston, and that those up north feel the same, I only think it’s fair we dream up a two club jersey solution

Would be the best rivalry in the AFL, and fix the bye problem, and also give Tassie it’s dues for waiting for so long

I’d start off with Hobart has sky blue colours, Launceston has green and gold

No, that ain't it. Tasmanians have a parochial nature when we see (or think we see) one side get preferential treatment. Right now, the Jackjumpers are one of the hottest tickets at both ends of Tassie, based almost completely in Hobart, but it was always clear in the design that Hobart would be the base. We also love the Tigers and Hurricanes, both of which follow a similar planning...

The Devils, however, started off as a Tasmanian rep club, and it was Southern politicians led by Hodgman who used the "Launceston gets the Hawks, Hobart gets the Devils" line to swing the team to Hobart. The side was taken down south in opposition to the original idea, and when I visited mates in 2002 and 2005 the difference could not have been any more graphic, a clear perception that the north had been shafted since fairly heady and unified days at the start. Not everyone barracks for the Hawks, but everyone has the state side in their hearts - that's the big key that is overlooked at face value. Parochialism as the factor killing a Tasmanian side was used as a backhanded apology by Mike Fitzpatrick when he left the job, a c###y passing of the buck due to the complete ownership of him the state govt enjoyed after their Deloittes submission and his resignation in knowing he had to show manners from then on. But being outnumbered 50-1 means a Tasmanian is unlikely to wear down stupid mainland opinion just by raising the voice...

Two AFL sides achieves nothing, and is too hard to support. The business case supports one side easily, but the most parochial Tasmanian would recognise the unviability of two. In any case, it's the dark green team we want...just the one...

0% chance that Tasmania ever has 2 AFL sides lol

North/south divide is dead; nobody under 40 gives a s**t about it unless you're talking about beer.

As someone who moved to the “good island” only 5 years ago, and living through the regulars at the pub in Cygnet saying that they’d rather kill themselves than support a club that plays in Launceston, and that those up north feel the same, I only think it’s fair we dream up a two club jersey solution

Would be the best rivalry in the AFL, and fix the bye problem, and also give Tassie it’s dues for waiting for so long

I’d start off with Hobart has sky blue colours, Launceston has green and gold

Your research ignores the fact the Cricket & Basketball teams, both based in Hobart, play games in the North of the Island & get good Northern press for being inclusive of the whole state.

One team, One state, One Jumper me thinks.

Your research ignores the fact the Cricket & Basketball teams, both based in Hobart, play games in the North of the Island & get good Northern press for being inclusive of the whole state.

One team, One state, One Jumper me thinks.

Probably my last post but basketball is different. The old Tassie Devils United the state, football won’t. There’s still local papers down here that hang s**t on the Launceston teams for the sole reason they’re from Launceston

Probably my last post but basketball is different. The old Tassie Devils United the state, football won’t. There’s still local papers down here that hang s**t on the Launceston teams for the sole reason they’re from Launceston

Maybe you could show us where & when thats's occurred.

Which Launceston teams would that include?

Blows me away as a Tasmanian who lives in Melbourne how many people here for some reason believe that Tassie is like Korea or Sudan when it comes to north/south.

The state has united behind the Hurricanes and Jackjumpers, there's no reason to believe they won't unite behind a footy team.

Blows me away as a Tasmanian who lives in Melbourne how many people here for some reason believe that Tassie is like Korea or Sudan when it comes to north/south.

The state has united behind the Hurricanes and Jackjumpers, there's no reason to believe they won't unite behind a footy team.
You will never make everyone happy, no matter what you do.

Tassie has waited so long for an AFL team they would be mad to start infighting now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this, without the state on it. Simple, but unique.

5bbcc7aa02c0d.jpg

I like that style. Have taken a few suggestions on board and had a play around on paint. State colours, but not a state guernsey; classic style, yet one that’s unique amongst current AFL clubs; the map on the back of the neck as a nod to the state’s footy history.
8ada2e6bd6e1ac05769dd3b5d42a10c6.jpg

As soon as I saw Portugal in their World Cup kit I thought it would make a good footy guernsey for the new Tassie team.

Has that traditional footy jumper vibe - a bit like the sash - but unique.View attachment 1568626
Ronaldo can sponsor and buy the whole Tasmania team in his month’s wage

glengowan what did you think of the away strip? I loved the incorporation of the flag on there

goal---web-three-way-split-window--40ebca35-5beb-45b3-8f65-1df28aff2389.jpeg

As for Tassie, I hope you guys don't follow the Suns and Giants with a 'modern' jumper.

Port and Fremantle both tried that and have since gone to more traditional layouts and look much, much better for it.

I'd love to see you guys run a dark green jumper with red and yellow trim. Cunnington Cartel had a great example above.

glengowan what did you think of the away strip? I loved the incorporation of the flag on there

goal---web-three-way-split-window--40ebca35-5beb-45b3-8f65-1df28aff2389.jpeg

As for Tassie, I hope you guys don't follow the Suns and Giants with a 'modern' jumper.

Port and Fremantle both tried that and have since gone to more traditional layouts and look much, much better for it.

I'd love to see you guys run a dark green jumper with red and yellow trim. Cunnington Cartel had a great example above.

It doesn't need to be totally state colours. I hope for just a basic green jumper with maybe some black trim or white or yellow or red.

Just hope for a team to wear it!! ;)

That's interesting. It would look pretty good.

Would it look too much like Port Adelaide?

The Tassie Green jumper is iconic
Oh shite, forgot about them. Replace the blue with green then, army green. I like the old jumper for vfl but not for afl. Something that's different to all the others.

Back