Votes: 105 59.3%
  • State team design but logo instead of map

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Something completely original

Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why have a V on a Tasmanian jumper?

Already 4 clubs with a similar upper V design in Melbourne, Sydney, PA and Freo 🤷‍♂️

Some of these suggested jumpers are eyesores like Freo’s original jumper

As the AFL have trademarked ‘Tasmania Devils’ then the old state jumper works perfectly… perhaps enlarge the emblem a little

It has to appeal to the kids… the next generation of supporters

Keep it classical, keep it simple ✅

Tasmanian wombats

Hard to go past the state jumper

Devils to close to demons imo

I think we've had this debate.

Devil is an animal. (or as the 'personification of evil') Historically & Geographically the animal is closely associated with Tasmania. It has wide recognition here & internationally.

Demon is a made up 'malevolent supernatural entity'.

Sure they both start with a D.

They would present quite differently.

I think we've had this debate.

Devil is an animal. (or as the 'personification of evil') Historically & Geographically the animal is closely associated with Tasmania. It has wide recognition here & internationally.

Demon is a made up 'malevolent supernatural entity'.

Sure they both start with a D.

They would present quite differently.
Fair play governor
Well played

As you were

I also wouldnt be worried about Devil being too close to Demon when we have 650 birds, tigers, lions and cats, saints, swans and suns.

Tassie Devils in absolutely synonymous with the state, its gotta be that (noting the JackJumpers was a brilliant left field option).

Is it defs the devils out of curiousity? It seems crazy that you could potentially design a jumper without the mascot being named but in Tassies case with such strong recognition of colors and history you 100% can, thats pretty cool.

I also wouldnt be worried about Devil being too close to Demon when we have 650 birds, tigers, lions and cats, saints, swans and suns.

Tassie Devils in absolutely synonymous with the state, its gotta be that (noting the JackJumpers was a brilliant left field option).

Is it defs the devils out of curiousity? It seems crazy that you could potentially design a jumper without the mascot being named but in Tassies case with such strong recognition of colors and history you 100% can, thats pretty cool.
Thanks for the insight. Jack Jumpers is an awesome name and fits the game and team well. Not to mention loved the Tassie inside joke where the mainland had no idea what a jack jumper was.

Very few AFL guernseys feature their mascot and even less from the traditional vfl teams so it’s not that odd.

Devils will 99% be the team and I hope we use our under 19’s logo. Too much history with the name and afl own the brand rights.

Thanks for the insight. Jack Jumpers is an awesome name and fits the game and team well. Not to mention loved the Tassie inside joke where the mainland had no idea what a jack jumper was.

Very few AFL guernseys feature their mascot and even less from the traditional vfl teams so it’s not that odd.

Devils will 99% be the team and I hope we use our under 19’s logo. Too much history with the name and afl own the brand rights.
In a modern context it would be pretty out of the ordinary i think? I stand to be corrected but theres no way the suns or giants were designing a jumper without a mascot named. Id think the same for the Dockers, Crows, Eagles even the Power.

In a modern context it would be pretty out of the ordinary i think? I stand to be corrected but theres no way the suns or giants were designing a jumper without a mascot named. Id think the same for the Dockers, Crows, Eagles even the Power.

Didn't the Dockers have the anchor on their jumper at some stage?

Didn't the Dockers have the anchor on their jumper at some stage?
Pretty much at inception, Eagles have always had a birds head, Suns have a sun.

Thats sort of the point im making, you could call the team whatever but Tassie has such a proud footballing heritage that youre likely not going to feature a mascot on the jumper anyway and if you do (the old cartoon version for the kids) it wont really matter which animal you put on there cause the color will still be tassie colors.

Its cool, its a compliment

If there ever is a vote for a team jumper it will come down to how many choices are given.

There will always be an amount wanting the origin guernsey but the amount of those wanting different designs will be split amongst themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black with a really nice Green.
My preference is to do what the Crows did and stick with the state colours, but have a unique club jumper, rather than using the state of origin jumper. Here's one that I put together a couple of years ago that still shows the map, but in a more modern and aggressive way:

Tasmania-Home.jpg

My preference is to do what the Crows did and stick with the state colours, but have a unique club jumper, rather than using the state of origin jumper. Here's one that I put together a couple of years ago that still shows the map, but in a more modern and aggressive way:

View attachment 1672886

Not bad at all. Just keep away from Black and white stripes please :)

Hey Guys, Thought I would throw a few ideas together for a Tassie Team now it's looking much more likely to happen! Personally I thin jkthey have to use Green as there main identity, its already associated with the state and is unique in the league so have tried a more traditional concepot and a all green version as well which would really set them apart from the other teams

TD_001.png TD_002.png

Hey Guys, Thought I would throw a few ideas together for a Tassie Team now it's looking much more likely to happen! Personally I thin jkthey have to use Green as there main identity, its already associated with the state and is unique in the league so have tried a more traditional concepot and a all green version as well which would really set them apart from the other teams

View attachment 1675965View attachment 1675966

The bottom one looks good.

View attachment 1675965View attachment 1675966
the tassie bears?

Back