team list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Methuselah

Debutant
Feb 17, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Other Teams
WCE
Does anyone know where the squad for Sundays game is listed on either the WCE or AFL websites? I cannot find it anywhere. simply some references to who did not make it, and that Judd and Tuckey are in it?

Well the realfooty website gives this:

F: PHIL MATERA 33 WILSON 40 PETER MATERA 30
B: JONES 5 POLAK 27 CARR 9
HF: MERENDA 21 GARDINER 1 JONES 18
HB: PARKER 23 BROWN 30 KOOPS 28
C: KERR 4 WIRRPUNDA 44 BRAUN 10
C: CUNNINGHAM 38 COOK 10 NORRISH 25
HB: FLETCHER 7 JAKOVICH 27 WILLIAMS 37
HF: WOODS 6 PAVLICH 29 WALKER 19
B: GLASS 23 McINTOSH 11 TAYLOR 8
F: McMANUS 8 J LONGMUIR 20 CROAD 24
FOLL: COX 20, EMBLEY 32, COUSINS 9
FOLL: SIMMONDS 2, HASLEBY 4, BELL 32
INTERCHANGE (from) GASPAR 26, HAYNES 38, COLLICA 22, BANFIELD 6, JUDD 3, CHAMBERS 15, TUCKEY 48
INTERCHANGE (from) KICKETT 11, FEWSTER 18, SIEGERT 35, MEDHURST 34, GROVER 14, T LONGMUIR 21, EASTAUGH 31

seems a bit odd. Embley as a follower? Don't know which three players will be culled. Banners might be underdone, so too Collica. I would stick with Chambers (who played well in the preseason), Tuckey (likewise), Judd and Gaspar.

Polack on Wilson....thats a bad guess by the media, there is no way the Dockers would be stupid enough to put the kid on Wilson. Willow will kick 15 goals in the first quarter, or 15 points, depends if he is kicking straight.

There are some major probs with realfootys lineup IMO

Croad on Taylor?? it'll never happen

Polak on Wilson, - do the media want Polak to retire early??

McManus in the forward line?? - yes, please please please ;)

Theres probably more discrepancies but that'll do for now :)

realfooty was listing the team released by the eagles, don't blame them.

from what I'ver heard....

the bench for the game is ....

Collica, Banfield, Chambers and Tuckey.

that means ....

no Judd, Gaspar or Haynes.

Agree with Gaspar and Haynes, haven't shown enough pre-season, but they WILL get a go, and very soon, Tuckey deserved his shot.

Judd being left out, mistake IMO.

Humm not even in the squad - disgraceful .... after his pre-season, nothing against Rich Taylor (i suppose it was him or Humm for the back pocket), but he is very lucky to be in the team given the past month of football, been a long time since I've been so impressed by and eagle in the pre-season (actually add Judd to Humm in that list!!).

rant over

thegur

Very surprised that Callum got a spot ahead of Judd and Humm.

Perhaps it's a case of Woosha giving Chambers a chance to cement a spot in the side. It's a very important year for him.

East Perth will be pleased though. :)

I think that the 'Derby Factor' was at the heart of the decisions on Judd and Humm. Neither have played in one and it's not the best environment to debut. Just look at the history of Dockers players targetting our youngsters physically before the game even starts. Polak, Siegert and Medhurst are in for a baptism of fire. I hope Banners is match fit now. I notice Judd and Haynes are not in WAFL line ups so there may be a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have played Judd ahead of Banfield. Banfield is well and trully underdone and I we wont get much out of him tomorrow. I thought Gaspar if fit should have got a game. Would have given us more flexiblity.

I think we need some young blokes this year for the benefit of the future of the Club. But I understand this is a big game

I hope they start Embley on the field. We need muscle and mobilty up forward. He provides both.

As you know I am not a great fan of Fletchers. Tomorrow I want to see him in and under and his disposal improve. Let me tell you he is no Tony Evans or Don Pyke. Malthouse wouldnt have persisted with him.

Having said that we look good enough on paper to win.

GO EAGLES!

Polak on Wilson.... Mwahahaha-ahem. No disrespect intended to polak, because from what i saw he is a pretty good young player, but he has the standard rookie attributes of being a.) Tentative and b.) Scrawny.
If he matches up on Wilson, my god, its going to be ugly. *Visions of Willow leading 20m at full pace, with Polak hanging off one leg, and being dragged face first behind.*

Food for thought though, the BOM confirms that a weather front is incoming probably tonight, and most of tomorrow. Weather or not (ha. ha.) it will rain it during the derby is anyone's guess, what is pretty certain is it will leave the ground fairly damp.. Could be bad sort of day for the big blokes- maybe we should have gone small.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back