Centre - Peter Matera, Greg Williams, Michael Long
Half Forwards - Mark Mercuri, Wayne Carey (vice-captain), Nicky Winmar
Forwards - Richard Osborne, Tony Lockett, Darren Jarman
Rucks - Justin Madden, Robert Harvey
Rover - Craig Bradley (captain)
Interchange - Glen Jakovich, Jim Stynes, Paul Kelly, Gary Ablett
Coach - Dennis Pagan

For a club breakdown of this team:
Carlton - 4 (4 in the 18/0 on the interchange)
St Kilda - 4 (4/0)
West Coast - 4 (3/1)
Essendon - 2 (2/0)
Fitzroy - 2 (2/0)
North Melbourne - 2 (2/0)
Adelaide - 1 (1/0)
Melbourne - 1 (0/1)
Geelong - 1 (0/1)
Sydney - 1 (0/1)

------------------
for all your footballing needs visit my AFL web-site at www.bigfooty.com/users/afl/eastsydney

who do you exactly want me to drop?!?!?
You can't be serious if you rate libba as good as Harvey or Bradley? come on. Voss and Crawford also just missed in grabbing a spot in the midfield.
I decided to go for Burke in front of Burke in front of Wanganeen because he gives an extra option through the centre.
And Hird, well its all a matter of opinion as to wether you'd rather have Hird, Carey or Lyon.

------------------
for all your footballing needs visit my AFL web-site at www.bigfooty.com/users/afl/eastsydney

Switch Roos with Jako on the starting 18.

Jakovich is arguably the greatest CHB of all time so to put roos in front of him is stupid.

The rest of the team is pretty good, Hird has missed two much footy to warrant a spot.

Ossie? How the hell did he get in?

ps Jars played half his career with us so I demand Hawk representation
mad.gif

Hird is a better player than Long, but is James Hird a wingman!! Same as Jason Dunstall is not a small forward is he. Having Lockett and Dunstall in the forward line would only congest things.
I Picked this side on the basis as if they were actaully playing a game. You wouldn't go in to a game with 2 big full-forward up front would you.

------------------

WCE2000

Sure, having 2 big lumps at FF would congest things a little, but Osborne is also a traditional FF, hardly the crumbimg goalsneak type now is He ?

The solution would be to select the best goalsneak of the nineties for the position.

Ummm any takers ?

Jeff Farmer maybe ?
Peter Daicos was probably past his best by 1990, who else I wonder ?

D Jarman is already in the other pocket, how about a shortlist

Matera (better on the wing I know)
Long
Bewick
Winmar
Brett Allison
McLeod
O'Brien

[This message has been edited by Bloodstained Angel (edited 10 August 2000).]

heres my crack at it
b: G.McKenna S.Silvagni G.Wanganeen
hb: N.Buckley G.Jakovitch M.Harvey
c: A.McLeod C.Bradley M.Long
hf: J.Hird W.Carey D.Jarman
f: J.Dunstall T.Lockett G.Ablett
r: S.Wynd R.Harvey P.Kelly
int:S.Rehn N.Burke J.Worsfold G.Lyon
Coach: M.Blight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walshy, what about Greg Williams.
By the way, Drakey, how can you rate Shaun Rehn as good as Jim Stynes. Rehn would be lucky to be in the best 50 ruckman ever, and Jim Stynes is right in the top 10.
BTW Walshy, what about Justin Madden in the ruck!!.

------------------

WCE i rate wynd and rehn ahead of madden as ruckman, granted madden played a lot more games and had a great career but as ruckman wynd and rehn are better, well thats my opinion anyway
as for williams being an essendon supporter i only saw the bad side of him, i couldnt come to terms with putting him in
bloodstained thanks for your compliment, had a bit of trouble picking wingman, did i over look anyone? or werent there many in the 90's?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back