B: Broad, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Short, Balta, Houli
C: McIntosh, Martin, Pickett
HF: Caddy, L,ynch, Castagna
F: Edwards Riewoltd, Lambert
R: Nank, Bolton, Prestia
Int: Cotchin, Houli, Baker, Graham/Rioli

Best list in the comp depth is unreal
I can't get Caddy into the 22, good depth but he's also in between positions and has dropped off in form. Reckon he's gonna struggle for regular games.

I can't get Caddy into the 22, good depth but he's also in between positions and has dropped off in form. Reckon he's gonna struggle for regular games.

Shorter QTRS didn't help him but now with longer QTRS he should play as 3rd forward swapping with Dusty when he goes forward.

B: Broad, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Short, Balta, Houli
C: McIntosh, Martin, Pickett
HF: Caddy, L,ynch, Castagna
F: Edwards Riewoltd, Lambert
R: Nank, Bolton, Prestia
Int: Cotchin, Houli, Baker, Graham/Rioli

Best list in the comp depth is unreal
You've got houli on HB and the bench 😆, don't know how he's gonna pull it off, but I'd back him in at this point

B: Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
HB: Short Balta Houli
C: Baker Cotchin Edwards
HF: Martin Riewoldt Lambert
F: Castagna Lynch Rioli
R: Nankervis Prestia Bolton
INT: Ross Graham Broad Mcintosh

EMG: Pickett Chol Collier-Dawkins Caddy

This is my team, not necessarily who I think they will pick for round 1.
I've excluded Soldo, Stack and CCJ as they are known unavailable.

Not too many cracking into the side yet, but opportunities will always pop up through form/injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: David Astbury, Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta

HB: Liam Baker, Nick Vlastuin, Bachar Houli

C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Marlion Pickett

HF: Kane Lambert, Caddy, Dustin Martin

F: Tom Lynch, Jack Riewoldt, Daniel Rioli or George but not both.

FOLL: Toby Nankervis, Shane Edwards, Trent Cotchin

I/C: Jack Graham, Shai Bolton, Jayden Short, Nathan Broad

Emergency: Stack, Soldo, Aarts, RCD, Chol

Those on the edge who could be there come finals IMHO

Cads - obviously very good AFL talent. Position - Hmmm. Wing, 3rd tall forward. All round bastard and quality player. Reckon they'll be looking at how to fit him in. Certainly KMac and Marlion would not want their form to drop off. And he's good Dusty cover for the roles he plays

Ross - Obvious high grade AFL inside/outside mid. His problem is trying to get past Graham (best inside defensive player in the comp), Cotch the captain and best all round defensive leaning mid in the comp, and Meatball - close to A grade if not actually genuine A grader.

RCD - We'll see but very high end talent there. If he can translate to playing again AFL men he'll add a different dimension to our squad. He's got a similar problem to Ross

Stack - Potential A grader. Good HBF and FP, and could translate to midfield easily with more muscle and fitness. This one is more about him than others given his talent.

CCJ - A spot is his for the taking. Fitter, stronger and play hard = lots of AFL games.

Naish - Has the talent to fill a similar role to Short. Get a bit harder and take another step and he's worth it.

Chol - AFL quality KPF/backup ruck. Not so much physical issues as attitude to smash some packs and use his size more vigorously. If he coudl step his attitude up to somewhere near Tom Lynch he'd be almost impossible to keep out of the team.

Aarts - Obviously a good small forward. His problem is he is playing for the spot after George and Rioli, against how we play Dusty/Cads/Chol/Cotch/whatever else.

garth - Obvious AFL quality back. Bit small for the monsters, but very good. His problem is Grimes/Flossy/Broad/Balta are just better.

There are others less likely, but still with the ability to play regular AFL.

That's where I get a bit excited. We could easily play another 6 or 8 guys where they are all AFL quality. Development of some of the younger guys could easily see us with a different side come finals.

Interested to know why so many of you don't like Bolton in the middle yet when you look at CBA's last season ...

This also highlights, how good an effort it was to win a flag with , so many injury issues to the first choice middle group for much of the season.

Cotchin. Prestia. Edwards. Soldo. Nank...

Excellent season by bolton. Developed into a legit inside/outside mid. Equally good forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back