Opinion Team Selection: Best 22 for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanna see Shai Bolton given plenty of time roving this year. Man he looks good in the middle.

If CCJ snd RCD are regulars by seasons end we’ll be a better team for it.
Would love to se Ralphsmith play some matches.
No hyphen obsession here 🤔 just love the potential upside of all these players

RCD has been hyped for awhile now but he is seemingly being Ross and even Dow the pecking order who have been preferred for games.

I'll believe it when I see it with him. Big year for him, I would say I don't have much confidence in him cracking the team for the 10+ games he needs.

Stack is twice the footballer that Jack Ross is with all due respect to Jack Ross.

There is more to football than pure talent. There is hard work and dedication to improve.

Stack's second year was abysmal. He looked lazy and was horrible in most games he played. So no, Stack is not currently twice as good as Jack Ross.

There is more to football than pure talent. There is hard work and dedication to improve.

Stack's second year was abysmal. He looked lazy and was horrible in most games he played. So no, Stack is not currently twice as good as Jack Ross.
He looked lazy did he? Got any more stereotypes?
Hardwick has backed him in so that's good enough for me.

Stack is twice the footballer that Jack Ross is with all due respect to Jack Ross.
you may be right on talent, however, Jack Ross appears to be far more dedicated than Stack. I feel that stack may never be dedicated enough to be a regular in the side. Talented players need to also apply themselves or they to fail.

you may be right on talent, however, Jack Ross appears to be far more dedicated than Stack. I feel that stack may never be dedicated enough to be a regular in the side. Talented players need to also apply themselves or they to fail.
He does apply himself, he got fit off a shortened pre-season in his debut year, last year he had injuries, I've never heard anyone at the club say he doesn't apply himself.

I think Jack Ross and maybe Ralphsmith are in front of him.
seems dow as well, maybe even martyn

fwiw, i think out of the uncapped guys, will martyn should get the first gong. fit seemlessly into our first midfield and looked rock solid. i'd think ross and dow would get opportunities before he, but he is right around the mark imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Stack, but like every other player on our list he will be judged by what he delivers on the field. His 2020 was very poor compared to his 2019. If he has a poor 2021 (for whatever reasons) then I expect he will be traded or delisted.

If Shai Bolton continues to improve at the same rate as he did in 2020, he'll be a star of the competition. Lots of midfield minutes, bursting away from packs and creating goals. Can't wait to see it.

seems dow as well, maybe even martyn

fwiw, i think out of the uncapped guys, will martyn should get the first gong. fit seemlessly into our first midfield and looked rock solid. i'd think ross and dow would get opportunities before he, but he is right around the mark imo.
I think they still rate RCD but as a tall player they are giving extra time to develop.
I think we have a number of these players that are earmarked to play from 23yo to 28yo in their best years like a money ball play.
Eg players like Miller who we keep on the list .

I think they still rate RCD but as a tall player they are giving extra time to develop.
I think we have a number of these players that are earmarked to play from 23yo to 28yo in their best years like a money ball play.
Eg players like Miller who we keep on the list .
oh totally agree.

i rate RCD. but we've a surplus of ready-made mids to go right now. he'll play senior footy but for now i think (on the inside) dow, ross and martyn are ahead of him.

RCD has been hyped for awhile now but he is seemingly being Ross and even Dow the pecking order who have been preferred for games.

I'll believe it when I see it with him. Big year for him, I would say I don't have much confidence in him cracking the team for the 10+ games he needs.
Hoping he gets a gig Friday.

Lambert did say during a commentary stint in the D’s game that had a small fracture in the cheekbone.

You are probably right about him being over hyped, but my confidence in him comes from the high regard he’s held by Dimma and co who have said from day 1 he’d take time.
Winding the clock back a bit here but his efforts in the 2019 VFL GF stick with me, was dynamic that day

Hoping he gets a gig Friday.

Lambert did say during a commentary stint in the D’s game that had a small fracture in the cheekbone.

You are probably right about him being over hyped, but my confidence in him comes from the high regard he’s held by Dimma and co who have said from day 1 he’d take time.
Winding the clock back a bit here but his efforts in the 2019 VFL GF stick with me, was dynamic that day
surely thi sis rcd year, if he doesnt play 7-8 games he is collateral to us.

He does apply himself, he got fit off a shortened pre-season in his debut year, last year he had injuries, I've never heard anyone at the club say he doesn't apply himself.
What injuries? He was dropped due to bad form.

daniel rioli is not best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back