Preview Team Selection & Pre-match Discussion - Round 1 vs. Western Bulldogs, MCG Fri 19/03 @ 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can anyone seriously select Henry? 1st year kid who shat the bed in a practice match, clearly not ready yet.

I agree he looked off the pace against Richmond... I didn't catch much of the replay from the Geelong game, so I'm not sure if he shat the bed that badly in the game down the highway?

Might just need a game or two to adjust to the speed and get some self belief. To me he seems like the only one capable of fulfilling the Stephenson role this early in the season.

This is what I don’t get. Ruscoe & WHE are basically the same player in my view. Flukey, high half forward who can snag the occasional goal or two.

WHE hasn’t been snagging goals for about 2 years. Ruscoe has basically kicked goals in every game he’s played.

Ruscoe could potentially develop into a better player too.

Why would you play WHE instead of Ruscoe?

WHE is a better aerial threat. If WHE was standing in the square, Keith or someone would at least keep an eye on him, whereas if it was Ruscoe they'd just leave it to anyone else.

Gee that’s a harsh description from a kid playing his first game after coming off a good game against runners up at their shithole ground the week before

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its not harsh, his first three touches was two dropped marks, a free against and kicking into the man on the mark, after that he was barely sighted.

I'm not saying he won't be a good player, but he clearly needs some time in the VFL before he plays seniors, this is a very important game and we need the least amount of passengers as possible.

Its not harsh, his first three touches was two dropped marks, a free against and kicking into the man on the mark, after that he was barely sighted.

I'm not saying he won't be a good player, but he clearly needs some time in the VFL before he plays seniors, this is a very important game and we need the least amount of passengers as possible.
Our forward setup if we play Cox and Cameron Together is just far to unbalanced. Both are Ruck/forwards not KPF, and we have a bunch of small medium forwards who aren’t tackling or kicking goals. It’s not a good mix.

This is what I don’t get. Ruscoe & WHE are basically the same player in my view. Flukey, high half forward who can snag the occasional goal or two.

WHE hasn’t been snagging goals for about 2 years. Ruscoe has basically kicked goals in every game he’s played.

He uses his arms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL... clearly needs time in the VFL.... yet his game against the cats clearly indicated different... so what is really clear is that kids take time, they’ll have good games, they’ll have quiet games. Doesn’t mean he isn’t ready for R1.

Our forward setup if we play Cox and Cameron Together is just far to unbalanced. Both are Ruck/forwards not KPF, and we have a bunch of small medium forwards who aren’t tackling or kicking goals. It’s not a good mix.

Yet it was the Cox & Cameron forward mix that got us b ack in the game against the Tigas.

I’m not advocating for it. Just don’t think it can be ruled out.

I’m actually keen to see what McMahon does next week in the VFL. Another 4 goal like performance and he might be a Smokey for the Kelly replacement.

How can anyone seriously select Henry? 1st year kid who shat the bed in a practice match, clearly not ready yet.
Agree that he lost confidence and dropped his bundle big time. Do they play an intra club this weekend? If they do, I think the last few spots will come down to that. I can't see how we could have 22 who deserve to be locked in right now and Henry sure shouldn't be one of them, but a good performance in the intraclub could result in selection.

Last edited:
Yet it was the Cox & Cameron forward mix that got us b ack in the game against the Tigas.

I’m not advocating for it. Just don’t think it can be ruled out.

I’m actually keen to see what McMahon does next week in the VFL. Another 4 goal like performance and he might be a Smokey for the Kelly replacement.
see

I agree Can’t be ruled out because our options are limited. I just don’t like it. I’d love McMahon to come on, checkers as 3rd is ideal.

Agree that he lost confidence and dropped his bundle big time. Do they play an intra club this weekend? If they do, I think the last few spots will come down to that. I can't see how we could have 22 who deserve to be locked in right now and Henry sure shouldn't be one of them.
Thursday I was told by Chugg when they'll play an intraclub/match sim

Players that shouldn’t play, and should develop in the VFL are both browns, Henry and Greenwood is horrendous without match practice. Madgen for me should be depth, his lack of pass was really confronting on Friday.

Howe Roughead Crisp
IQ Moore Maynard
Sidey Pendles Daicos
Elliot Mihocek WHE
Ruscoe Cox Thomas
Grundy Adams De Goey

Noble Sier Cameron Mayne

Hoping that some of the kids develop as we’ll need cameos throughout the season as our depth is tested with injury. Sier and Thomas really need to step up!

Players that shouldn’t play, and should develop in the VFL are both browns, Henry and Greenwood is horrendous without match practice. Madgen for me should be depth, his lack of pass was really confronting on Friday.

Howe Roughead Crisp
IQ Moore Maynard
Sidey Pendles Daicos
Elliot Mihocek WHE
Ruscoe Cox Thomas
Grundy Adams De Goey

Noble Sier Cameron Mayne

Hoping that some of the kids develop as we’ll need cameos throughout the season as our depth is tested with injury. Sier and Thomas really need to step up!

LOL... clearly needs time in the VFL.... yet his game against the cats clearly indicated different... so what is really clear is that kids take time, they’ll have good games, they’ll have quiet games. Doesn’t mean he isn’t ready for R1.

Yes, kids take time, exactly my point.

No need to rush someone in who isn't ready, the season is a marathon ffs.

B: Quaynor, Roughead, Maynard
HB: Howe, Moore, Crisp
C: Noble, Adams, Daicos
HF: Sidebottom, Mihocek, WHE
F: Elliott, Cox, Cameron
FOL: Grundy, De Goey, Pendles
Int: Sier, Mayne, Thomas, T Brown
Emer: Henry, Greenwood, Magden

Looks about right to me but I think Greenwood is more likely to play than Mayne.

WHE and Thomas must surely be on very thin ice. Wouldn’t be surprised if one misses, replaced by a debutant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His output has been poor for a while but WHE has, IMO, way more talent and class than Ruscoe. But Ruscoe has more mongrel, which is a desirable trait that is in short supply.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back