PORT ADELAIDE v HAWTHORN
Port Adelaide
B: Alipate Carlile, Toby Thurstans, Jacob Surjan
HB: Nathan Krakouer, Chad Cornes, Troy Chaplin
C: Shaun Burgoyne, Domenic Cassisi, Travis Boak
HF: Robert Gray, Warren Tredrea, David Rodan
F: Matthew Thomas, Brendon Lade, Justin Westhoff
Foll: Dean Brogan, Kane Cornes, Danyle Pearce
I/C (from): Matthew Broadbent, Paul Stewart, Jason Davenport, Tom Logan, Nick Lower, Nick Salter, Hamish Hartlett

In: Brogan, Hartlett, Logan, Salter, Thomas
Out: Brett Ebert, Steven Salopek

I hope Salter and Hartlett are playing. I'd love to see Chocco show some faith in Salter and play him deep in the forward line for the whole game as the go to forward. I've always thought he has shown alot of potential as a lead up forward and he defintely should be given more of a go.

Thomas is starting on the ground so hes an in.

Ebert finally gets dropped. Sal....Wont be surprised if he seeks a trade back home.

how matt thomas can earn a recall after his disgraceful effort for norwood on the weekend is beyond me

gold passes should be out the window and recalls are earnt through form and form alone,

dont get me wrong, i love matty thomas, but his form hasnt warranted a recall

Harsh on Sal... I think there are players definitely worst than him.

Why not just put him back in the midfield, and if he doesn't perform then drop him? Very unfair to throw a player who is not suited in defense, and only to criticize and drop him.

Thomas is likely to be in given that he is named on the ground.

Id say most likely:

Brogan, Salter and Thomas in

Stewart, Salopek and Ebert out.

Finally Choco is showing some balls at selection. It will be interesting to see how our players respond to thsi selection pressure.

If players want to leave becasue they get dropped then they are not teh players we need at our club. It is the ones that show some ticker and fight their way back into the team that we want.

The problem is that we have once again not named a back up ruck. What if Brogan doesnt pull up?

Ebert finally gets dropped. Sal....Wont be surprised if he seeks a trade back home.

Ebert out :D

Hope Pearce gets dropped as well.

I hope Sal does as he has given us nothing over the last two seasons while the club has fully supported him through his injuries and bad form. The man like many of our players also reeks of arrogance.

Thomas? :eek: That was probably the worst I've seen him play for Norwood last week.

Salopek dropped again? Wow. Glenelg to now win by 100 points, thanks Port.

I hope Sal does as he has given us nothing over the last two seasons while the club has fully supported him through his injuries and bad form. The man like many of our players also reeks of arrogance.

What rubbish. Sal has played very well at various stages and has been continually interrupted by injury. He seems to me to be a very down to earth family guy. I fully expect him to fight his way back into the side and become the premier midfielder that he can be.

... Sal....Wont be surprised if he seeks a trade back home.

Harsh on Sal... I think there are players definitely worst than him.

Why not just put him back in the midfield, and if he doesn't perform then drop him? Very unfair to throw a player who is not suited in defense, and only to criticize and drop him.

Which other natural inside hard at it player will we try and turn into a loose rebounding defender next? Boak anyone?

Salopek arrogant? That's news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sal was good last year and good at the start of this year before the infectious half back flank role leeched out his talent.

Thomas being included confirms hes considered a first 18 player. I dont care how s**t he was last week...if all he does is chase his opponent then its an improvement on what we had in the side last week.

No way IMO. He reminds me a LOT of Brent Reilly. Both from Victoria, both hyped up a fair bit, every time they start to find some really good form injury has struck. They've both been sent back to the local league at various stages but despite all that I have no doubt both Brent and Steven are very committed, one club players.

I hope Salter and Hartlett are playing. I'd love to see Chocco show some faith in Salter and play him deep in the forward line for the whole game as the go to forward. I've always thought he has shown alot of potential as a lead up forward and he defintely should be given more of a go.
Selection: Big name changes
“Ebert’s form has been inconsistent all year and he probably hasn’t had the same big games as he had in the past and of course Salter kicking seven made the decision a bit easier,” Rohde said.
Makes it sound as if Salter is a definite. Straight swap for Ebert.

Which other natural inside hard at it player will we try and turn into a loose rebounding defender next? Boak anyone?

I reckon I nominated Boak for that role already. Or Hartlett, who he can mold into a young seagull.

My selection guesses:

Outs: Salopek, Ebert, Lower, Stewart

Ins: Brogan, Hartlett, Thomas, Salter

Thomas is named in the 18 so agreed will play. Choc loves Hartlett. Lower and Stewart are proven to be easily dropped by the coach. He might even drop Broadbent to rush Logan back in to reprise his role on Hodge from earlier in the year.

Sal was good last year and good at the start of this year before the infectious half back flank role leeched out his talent.

Thomas being included confirms hes considered a first 18 player. I dont care how s**t he was last week...if all he does is chase his opponent then its an improvement on what we had in the side last week.[/quote]

LOL Ohhh so true.

Personally Chadley should go before Salopek just IMO. But h isnamed at CHB so that's something I guess.

Odds on after Logans last games against the Hawks "He'll be back" urgh I just can't rate him enough, sorry Tommy gun, it ain't personal.

I reckon I nominated Boak for that role already. Or Hartlett, who he can mold into a young seagull.
Aah forgot that he has already started training Hartlett. :(

my money's on Hartlett :(

Brett should have been dropped weeks ago, probably last year actually. Sad that I almost smiled when I got the SMS, but can't deny being happy with that selection decision, and of course the fact he's not been good enough is very disappointing.

Similarly with Sal - he's not been in good form and probably should not have returned after only one week with Glenelg the last time.

If some of these types of decisions (incl PB) had been made before June 30 we might be in a better ladder position coming into this game ;)

You always see some stupid s**t on here when we play badly, but that is without a doubt the single stupidest thing a Port supporter has ever said about one of our players. Obviously the first time you saw Salopek play was his return game from the shoulder injury, because anyone who saw his form last year and this year pre-shoulder injury would never, ever say something so terribly wrong.

Speaking of Salopek, how about instead of dropping him for a token week off we actually play him in his favoured position for a change?

I think the bench will be Davenport, Salter, Hartlett and Lower/Broadbent (or both if Hartlett's not fit enough), with Logan an outside chance due to his arguably BOG effort against Hodge last time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back