Preview Team vs North (IN: Fletch, Gus, Cram, Hibb, Lee | OUT: Slatts, Winders, Pears, Hooker, Howlett)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
as per usual I'll say Ryder rucks the game so Bellchambers is the unlucky man. But we are paying Ryder 400K-500K (well not now, from next season) so it's kinda important we get the best out of him (or you could ship him off i guess)

But I guess with, here's hoping, no big KPP holes, Ryder could actually play that free roaming role that has so often been dreamt about and he might even be good at it, which could solve a problem or two.

Bezackery! If TBell is rucking well and we have Hurley, Gumby and Crameri up forward and Hooker, Carlisle and Pears down back then Ryder starts at half forward and works up high as a floater through the middle. He can have bursts in the ruck to TBell time on the bench and he can cover for him in rucking contests if he can't get there. There is also the possibility that he could be third man up as well. Oh I'm drooling.

Charliebrow 16

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Federer, Birmingham FC
I'm quite bemused as to why Hooker has been dropped, or maybe it's just soreness. On the plus side, Browne and Colyer retain their spots and provide some valuable run, and Lee is set to debut.

What's happening with Hibberd, Hardingham and Baguley? They all appear to be fighting for two spots down there. Could we, by playing all three, be releasing Dempsey further up the ground?

ZAAHAARAKIS!!!!!

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2011
The Scott Gumbletrain
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Nick O'Brien
going on the assumption that hurley takes droopy, we could be trying to stretch the north tall backs for pace.
considering they will have thompson, grima, firrito and mcmahon (even though some are more medium bigs)
and we will basically have gumby, stew and the mosquito fleet, it could work out pretty well if we try to expose their talls for pace and jetta ends up on a firrito or a mcmahon.
Hardingham forward maybe?

Unleash Crambleton!

Edit: correct me if i'm wrong but bags played as a lead up forward for franga didn't he?
could be a surprise attack

Surprising, but very interesting. I think it could (could) be a good move, but it could backfire horribly.

Howlett --> Lee
Pears --> Fletcher
Slattery --> NLM (sub) --> Browne (mid) --> Hibberd (back)
Hooker --> Hurley (back) --> Crameri (forward)
Winderlich --> Monfries

I think we structured up pretty well last week, so it looks like they're going for a similar thing.

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
Surprising, but very interesting. I think it could (could) be a good move, but it could backfire horribly.

Howlett --> Lee
Pears --> Fletcher
Slattery --> NLM (sub) --> Browne (mid) --> Hibberd (back)
Hooker --> Hurley (back) --> Crameri (forward)
Winderlich --> Monfries

I think we structured up pretty well last week, so it looks like they're going for a similar thing.

My thinking was Pears > Crameri but it's the same thing really so w/ever. If the debate was Hooker or a midfielder, I think they've made the right call.

Charliebrow 16

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Federer, Birmingham FC
I noticed Hooker is listed as an emergency, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him named at the last minute. I'd feel much more confident and comfortable if he was, but if not, I trust their decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super Gusto

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Hardingham and Hibberd can both play tall with their leaps and they have better closing speed and rebound than Hooker.

In saying that I wouldn;t be surprised to see Hurley go back or Hooker come back in to replace a late withdrawl ie Hibberd

The House

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Pelicans
hmmm, very interesting...

...i'm tipping either Hooker will come in late, or he's actually injured (if so i'm going to go way out on a limb and suggest a soft tissue injury sustained at training).

If the 22 named take their place, i'd imagine they would likely line up something like:

Hibberd Hurley Fletcher
Baguley Carlisle Hardingham
Dempsey Watson Colyer
Monfries Gumby Jetta
Davey Crameri Lonergan
Bellchambers, Hocking, Heppell
NLM, Melksham, Lee, Brown (sub)

If Hurley is back he's surely there to take on Petrie, which leaves Fletch for Hansen and Carlisle for Tarrant - if this happens there's a bloody good chance imo that Hansen would become a decoy and drag Fletcher out of the action.

On face value i'd prefer to see Hurley forward, and luckily we have a lot of flexibility to make that happen if Jimmy and co. see fit...maybe the Hard On to Hansen, Fletcher v's Tarrant and Carlisle v's Petrie, or again, especially if Hooker comes in late.

Will be very interesting to see how we actually do line up, and as far as i'm concerned we've got the cattle to win this provided they bring the intensity we saw against the Crows.

bombermick

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2009
Vermont South
AFL Club
Essendon
With Hurley presumably back, play Fletch on Tarrant - who's too important to play as a decoy. Big call to play Hurley back, but stop Perrie and we win.

cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
Tell you what, if the plan is to throw Hurley back on Petrie (Which is far from the worst idea, stopping Petrie goes a long way) then Ryder would've been very handy this week :(

The Fact

Club Legend
May 23, 2009
Wheelers Hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't like it. We'll be exposed down back. Nor will we be able to expose their midget backline.
Agreed I wasn't a fan when we only had Hurley resting ruckman and Crameri I reckon it throws our structure out IMO it would have been great to have gumby Hurley and cram up forward and tried to make them man up, instead I can see them just double team gumby and cram if hurley does go back and us just kicking high balls to davey and jetta. So i really dont understand this unless of course hooker and pears are injuried and if Hurley does start forward hopefully! I'd go hardingham to tarrent as he is the weakest link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back