Teammates that didn't like each other

Remove this Banner Ad

There was video footage of Philip Matera belting a team mate (who's name escapes me) at training.fairly decked him too.
Was it Richard Taylor ?

Didn't Leon Davis and a team mate have a bitch fight over a girl down at Bundy shops not long ago?

Chris Egan

I remember hearing these three stories from the early-mid 1990s, but the names of the players or clubs were never revealled, and I am not sure how true they are:

1. A player decided that the best way to get into the coaches good books and ensure he was amongst the first picked every week was to deflower the coaches' 16 year old daughter.
2. After an argument at training, a player gave the coach a mouthful of abuse and ran off. The coach chased him on foot, then the player jumped into his car and took off. The coach then got into his car and chased the player along the road. Finally, the police stopped the chase.
3. A lounge suite was re-upholstered in club colours, and put up for sale at a club auction. The lounge was promoted as having been re-upholstered personally by one of the star players. The player himself arrived late at the auction after the lounge was sold, knowing nothing about the lounge or that he had done all this reupholstery. Spying the lounge, he went over (in front of the proud buyer and senior club managers) and asked what it was for and how much it had sold for. Before anybody could stop him from creating an even bigger faux pax, the player then blurted something out about "what sort of idiot would pay that much money for this crap!"

I remember hearing these three stories from the early-mid 1990s, but the names of the players or clubs were never revealled, and I am not sure how true they are:

1. A player decided that the best way to get into the coaches good books and ensure he was amongst the first picked every week was to deflower the coaches' 16 year old daughter.
Modra and Blights daughter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Simon Cox and Scotty West story is an intriguing one. I haven't heard anything at all about it, but it sounds as though it was a considerably ugly one.

There was a fling involved with a players missus.

West got up in front of everyone at a Bulldogs function and claimed something along the lines of " being ashamed of the man looking back at him in the mirror every morning", and talking openly about the need to redeem himself.

It's hard to fault the bloke aside from this one incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back