Teammates that didn't like each other

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. Shoot

It's fairly common knowledge that Dunstall and Brereton barely spoke to each other off the field during their playing days.

Rumours of the day include; regular 'disputes/incidents' involving them at training - Dunstall rarely attending any non-compulsory club meetings or social functions, including end-of-year trips - Brereton was always 'unavailable' for any proposed joint media appearances or interviews with Dunstall. Teammates at the time used to joke about their regular spats requiring coach Jeans to 'step-in' and the fact they were rarely seen for years in the same room/pub/social function together.

Both have since downplayed most of this, although never denying specific references to any rumours, while they also publicly acknowledge, using the excuse they were 'opposing personalities', as the reason they were never 'great mates'.
Watch Brereton's interview on Open Mile and note how he responds when Sheehan asks him about his relationship with Dunstall.

While both have moved on/matured since their playing days, their respective media careers with Fox Sports has certainly helped repair their previous issues, although apparently away from the camera's some say their relationship sadly remains 'cordial' at best...

Last edited:
BigFooty.com - reminding everyone that Geelong fans are the cringiest, most backwards and likely to be inbred supporters of any code across the globe.
the pot calling the kettle black, or should that read, the pot calling the kettle black and white?

3 of the biggest pieces of s**t in football. Can't imagine these troglodytes will have much going for them in life after football, whereas Boyd will only go from strength to strength
Libba just gives me the shits has one good season and the thinks he is untouchable cant stand the bloke

Libba just gives me the shits has one good season and the thinks he is untouchable cant stand the bloke

Fair enough if you don’t like him, but the one good season thing is just completely untrue

On topic I believe numerous players at the Dogs fell out with Jake Stringer by the end, in particular Hunter and JJ

Wayne Carey and Anthony Steven didn't like each other for some reason.

Which is weird because Stevo's wife liked Carey. I don't get it either.

Guy O'Keefe.

Was playing very good football for Williamstown during the Bulldogs/Seagulls VFL alignment days, never debuted at senior level (rumoured because senior players couldn't stand him).
After he was delisted he was intercepted in country Victoria in possession of a traffickable amount of ecstasy tablets and $30,000 cash. "If found guilty this type of charge can generate a maximum term of 25 years imprisonment."
I think he was playing for South Adelaide at the time

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Something about a toilet. I think Wayne kept leaving the seat up.
Pretty sure there is an etiquette thing about not making a splash in another man's receptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe this is in Sheedy's book from the late 1990s. I recall something about Sheedy taking an autograph book for a young fan around the dressing rooms and Bill Barrot signed it, "Get f’ed, Bill Barrot". Sheedy took exception and they punched on.

This is the first Sheedy story I've heard that made me like him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back