Busse

Team Captain
May 11, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Hi everyone, I will be making a move over to WA in about a months time, i will be moving to the Clarkson area and just wondering if anyone knows any clubs around the area and how the leagues work.

cheers

quinns football club would be your closest, excellent junior set up in and seniors in C divsion in the ammos ( i think ). nicknamed the bulls
clarkson is an "interesting" neighborhood too!!

Thanks guys! Now how does it work with the grade system? I see Quinn Districts are in C2 and E3, is the E3 team the reserves? Sorry but used to playing in country leagues in Vic. Also what would the quality of the leagues be? Good?
Thanks!

Quinns' reserves team is in C2 Reserves. E3 is their thirds, it's also the lowest grade in the association.

C Grade quality is okay, there are few fringe WAFL Reserves players running around in C1, B and A grade. B grade is a step up from C1's though.

Okay thanks mate, just wondering, here Thirds is under 18's, its not the same over there is it? Under 18's is Colts and thirds is just the third team yeah?
Sorry for all the questions just want to figure out what goes on over there.
Cheers

Okay thanks mate, just wondering, here Thirds is under 18's, its not the same over there is it? Under 18's is Colts and thirds is just the third team yeah?
Sorry for all the questions just want to figure out what goes on over there.
Cheers

Most clubs have a colts team so yeah not the thirds. Thids is the third side, some clubs have more than three or four. Colts in the amatuer comp is Under 19 I think.

Busse - I play VAFA Premier footy over here after making the move East last year. Played almost 200 games in the WAAFL (A Grade) and in my second year of VAFA footy here so hopefully this helps...

Whilst you play country footy in Vic this is what I reckon of the equivalent VAFA - WAAFL grades:

VAFA Premier seniors - no comparison to WAAFL A Grade: Teams like Collegians, De La Salle, Old Xavs etc. would easily account for all A Grade sides in WA
VAFA Premier Reserves - again, the Top 4 sides would easily beat all A Grade Reserves sides.

So if you reckon your country league is on par with VAFA Premier or B, if you still want to take your footy semi-seriously you should look for an A or B grade side, however if you just want to have a bit of kick about C grade teams are your best bet.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys for the help, has really helped me figure out what I am going to do!
Cheers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesnt phase me...

I just want to know of any local senior clubs around Port Kennedy
You've got secret harbor and kwinana in the Sunday Mercantile football league, the quality of the league itself is poor but both teams are quite strong and dominant and may be looking to move over to amateurs in the coming years.

In saturday amateurs you have safety bay, I think they play in one of the lower grades possibly e grade and also have a colts team.

You also have teams in the peel football league which would be your best bet if your not looking to have to travel too far for away games. I'm not sure personally about the quality of the league (havent seen a game) though I've heard its quite good.
Teams nearish to port Kennedy are Rockingham ,baldivis and mandurah.

You've got secret harbor and kwinana in the Sunday Mercantile football league, the quality of the league itself is poor but both teams are quite strong and dominant and may be looking to move over to amateurs in the coming years.
You also have Dwellingup in the Mercantile league too.. They train out of Mandurah High school too and everyone bar about 3 of the blokes lives is Mandurah.

* I may or may not play for them ;)

Does anyone know of any teams that need players near Butler? don't mind travelling 20 mins or so, its for me and my brother, both have played senior football in country Victoria.

Does anyone know of any teams that need players near Butler? don't mind travelling 20 mins or so, its for me and my brother, both have played senior football in country Victoria.

Stack of teams mate, i live in Currambine (about 10 min south of Butler) you have Quinns, Ocean Ridge, Whitfords, Wanneroo and even Yanchep all within 10 min or so, and all have teams in different grades, Whitfords is A grade if you are looking for high standard.

And if you want a go at WAFL level West Perth is in the middle of all that.

I have a mate coaching at Quinns, PM me if you want his number, he is a committed guy and wants to see the club move up the grades, ATM they are in C1 i think.

G'day Busse

I dropped you an email last week about the quinns bulls footy club, just wondering if you got it?

If you are still looking for a club to play for this season we are definitely looking for new players. If you are on Facebook, join the Quinns Bulls Football Club page to see when and where we are training each week.

Otherwise, drop me an email or give me a call to discuss further (my number was in the email)

Hope to see you down at the club mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back