Remove this Banner Ad

90N90S

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
prv_1527787123.jpeg

Afghanistan were awarded Test status in June 2017 © Getty

In a major boost to Afghanistan's international cricket prospects, the BCCI acting secretary, Amitabh Choudhary announced that all international teams touring India will now play one practice match against Afghanistan. The move is set to constantly provide high quality exposure to the budding cricketing nation.

This development comes on the back of his recent visit to Kabul to discuss bilateral cricketing relations between the two countries. India are also set to be part of Afghan history when they host them for their first ever Test from 14-18 June in Bengaluru.

Choudhary hoped this trend would help the Afghan players improve their skill levels and would help improve the cricketing tie-up between the two nations further, "Cricket will further strengthen ties between the two countries and deliver a message of peace. Afghan players are well known and loved in India because of their participation in IPL which will increase in the coming years."

"It is a privilege for us to be playing Afghanistan in their historic first Test match as we did not want to let go of this opportunity."

The ACB president, Atif Mashal, on his part, thanked the BCCI for providing them a second stadium in Dehradun, apart from the usual 'home' in Greater Noida. "Afghanistan is now a full member of ICC and we also enjoy cordial relations with BCCI which will be further strengthened as we strive to work together to further develop the game in the country," he added.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...lay-practice-matches-against-afghanistan-bcci

Very good move by India every international team that tours India will have to play against the Afghans.

Breaking news in world cricket, errors of the past actually learned from. The experience of Bangladesh, and to a lesser extent and for different reasons Zimbabwe and the time it took for them to became competitive seem to have been noted. Ireland and Afghanistan look like they will be getting a lot more help than they did.

Breaking news in world cricket, errors of the past actually learned from. The experience of Bangladesh, and to a lesser extent and for different reasons Zimbabwe and the time it took for them to became competitive seem to have been noted. Ireland and Afghanistan look like they will be getting a lot more help than they did.

Yeah a little too late but at least now they have learnt, England need to do it with Ireland and they did with Ireland playing Pakistan.

All the top nation's need to do this if we want cricket to grow.

Yeah a little too late but at least now they have learnt, England need to do it with Ireland and they did with Ireland playing Pakistan.

All the top nation's need to do this if we want cricket to grow.
This makes CA's decision to cancel Bangladesh look even worse.

Ireland look like they'll be playing England in a 4 day test match at Lords between the World Cup and the Ashes next year. Probably explains why the potential match against Australia didn't pan out.

They are saying that there is no money in playing Bangladesh, no television coverage etc.
There isn’t. But that should be irrelevant.

There is no money in donating to charity but businesses do it.

F***ing disgusting decision that still baffles me given how much Australia enjoys playing the hero role.

There isn’t. But that should be irrelevant.

There is no money in donating to charity but businesses do it.

F***ing disgusting decision that still baffles me given how much Australia enjoys playing the hero role.
Made my blood boil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now I suspect they'd rather be batting.
Haha yeah. The pitch report suggested that the team winning toss would like to bowl first. It's just that Afghans couldn't penetrate in the initial overs. Their fast bowlers couldn't use the conditions well. Add to that, some good batting by Dhawan after the initial scare.

The fact that Dhawan could go on to score about 250 today annoys me. I don't think he should be in our Test side, and this will go down as his best innings.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to see him replicating this against established Test nations.

Doubt it. His best innings was the very first one he played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back