Technology assistance (wifi and broadband)

Remove this Banner Ad

Use an app like WiFi Analyzer to see if there's anyone using the same WiFi bands in your area. If so, you might need to change bands or use 5 GHz WiFi
Thanks, the Uniti guy has me change bands from auto to some other ones, they were slower than auto. What’s 5 GHz wifi

Thanks, the Uniti guy has me change bands from auto to some other ones, they were slower than auto. What’s 5 GHz wifi

s**t routers only work on one WiFi band, 2.4 GHz. There are only three channels available so if you have four WiFi routers nearby, it can get congested. Common in apartments.

Newer routers also have 5 GHz WiFi which has more bands, faster speeds and less congestion

s**t routers only work on one WiFi band, 2.4 GHz. There are only three channels available so if you have four WiFi routers nearby, it can get congested. Common in apartments.

Newer routers also have 5 GHz WiFi which has more bands, faster speeds and less congestion
Thanks, is there a router you’d recommend that won’t break the bank? My house is 2 storey

I have had some success with WiFi extenders in the past.

Get a Ethernet over power kit (I have one from Foxtel) then a wifi extender plugged into Ethernet upstairs.
Really you need a way to extend your Ethernet network to parts of the house and extend from there. I have a double brick house and need 2 routers, one in WAP mode, to cover it all. Looking into Ubiquiti kit to do it better.

Looks like it was the congestion on the wi-fi. Bought a new one, spent too much bloody money mind you, with 5G, normal band is s**t, 5G works in the whole house and getting 40-50mps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back