Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
I need heart and warmth.
This show has it in spades.
Jason Sudeikis plays a second tier NFL college coach who gets a pennant quick and is hired to the EPL to essentially fail because the owner hates her ex husband who she got the club from in divorce.
This show is about relationships and building them effectively. (Something my club needs, maybe the attraction)
Ted Lasso is a typical mid western bible belting American who isn’t cynical or sarcastic and it’s a breath of fresh air.
It’s a just be nice type of vehicle with humour that doesn’t itself seriously and it’s seriously working for me.
Enjoy.

Haven’t watched it yet - remember the skits being quite funny. Somewhat surprised they’ve eeked 10 eps out of that. Will give it a watch though.
6 eps in. Just a bit of a laugh but designed for Uniting people for mindset which can be a task.

Echo everybody else here. Nothing groundbreaking but just oh so likeable. I know I’ll laugh and smile for half an hour at what’s a very enjoyable show.
It’s a gift that keeps on giving. Enjoying every episode.

20mins in to ep1 and i love him already

Who: Jamie or Roy?

a lighthearted, heartwarming story with a sprinkling of humour and some remarkably engaging characters.
i look forward to every episode.
Echo everybody else here. Nothing groundbreaking but just oh so likeable. I know I’ll laugh and smile for half an hour at what’s a very enjoyable show.

This & This.

I'm surprised that Sudeikis won the Best Actor in a Comedy Golden Globe over Eugene Levy though.

Who: Jamie or Roy?

This & This.

I'm surprised that Sudeikis won the Best Actor in a Comedy Golden Globe over Eugene Levy though.
Ted

Lost my s**t at this
URL]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rebecca - " Beard, you're having chicken ! "

Roy - " i always end up with my watch being stolen, or a story in the press about how my penis has a curve in it "
Keeley - " Does it actually ?..."
Roy - " No, i just make it feel like it does with my hips "

:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Watched it all last night, absolutely fantastic.

Entire cast was brilliant but i thought Sudekis ( obv ) and Juno Temple were the standouts.

When Keeley came into the dressing room to comfort Roy, god did i feel that :'(

Roy walking into the fundraiser bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah fantastic show. A show where when you hear the concept sounds like it could very easily go wrong and not be funny at all, but really loved it. The cast dynamics worked surprisingly well and the positive nature around the show is so good and so needed at the moment.

Think one of my favourite moments is when she's trying to figure out what bakery he goes to each morning and then you find out he stays up each night baking them for her. And it's little things like that that are just so heartwarming.

Entire cast was brilliant but i thought Sudekis ( obv ) and Juno Temple were the standouts.

Roy singing along to let it go lol.

Roy was the best character for mine.

I really enjoyed this but I don't know how to describe it in a way that doesn't make it sound terrible.
Yeah when I've told people about it I've said "it's about an American football coach becoming the manager of a Premier League team" and then I always have to add "BUT it's really good"

Yeah big ups for Juno Temple. She grabbed the role as an Essex girl with a heart deep down.

One of the most wholesome shows I've ever seen.

Just happiness in 10 episodes, love it.
You write and perform a vehicle like this and personal it might not be tracking great. It’s a funny craft, acting. He actually mirrors the real regarding personal relationship wether intended or not.”
I guess it’s probably more about how the inspiration and motivation was in the job and the ability to do so when ur down personally. It’s Ted’s trait to want to further others than look after his own patch which is a kicker and synonymous to the barriers being broken here for mental health ang giving it a sense of realism even though it’s comedy driven writing. There’s depth to this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back