Streaming Ted Lasso

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Cute episode. Love Roy and Keeley, felt something was missing from the last episode when they didn't feature as much.

ROY - That's not embarrassing.Embarrassing is eating too much ice-cream at the christmas party and pooping my pants
KEELEY - ......finish ya story....
ROY - .....3 weeks ago

Fullscreen capture 13082021 104411 PM.bmp.jpg

More evidence that the show has lost direction. Season 1 had a feel good quality within the context of a coherent story and tensions between characters. Series 2 is trying to contrive feel good moments. The team not winning any games became a ongoing theme. But then the plot has skipped the first win and we don't know what turned the form round. Some characters have developed so that now they have nowhere to go. Rebecca's character is now unrecognisable from the early episodes.

This episode would have worked better if they had made it as a one off special and shown it at Christmas.

More evidence that the show has lost direction. Season 1 had a feel good quality within the context of a coherent story and tensions between characters. Series 2 is trying to contrive feel good moments. The team not winning any games became a ongoing theme. But then the plot has skipped the first win and we don't know what turned the form round. Some characters have developed so that now they have nowhere to go. Rebecca's character is now unrecognisable from the early episodes.

This episode would have worked better if they had made it as a one off special and shown it at Christmas.
It’s becoming just too nice, almost Stepford weird nice. The two main female characters are becoming plain and boring. Roy’s still funny and I still like some of the coach banter.

the whole plot line for bringing Jamie back is also utterly stupid. A gun player isnt going to be rejected from every team in the premier league because of something that happens on reality tv. It’s just a nonsensical plot.

If the whole premise of the show is an American Football coach with zero experience getting hired by a Premier League team to get back at her husband; and player transfer semantics is what you're calling nonsensical then yeah it's probably best to file this one away and watch something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show is now just feel good filler without any plot and very limited comedy. Ive Never seen a show just give up on trying to tell a story Before like this. It’s quite staggering.

the feel good stuff only worked within an actual storyline And with some action tension. It wasn’t the show. The comedy has also been very weak this season. Not that it was ever a strong point.

The show is inconsistent in content and quality as though it is written and directed by different people without them all being on the same page. The Christmas episode didn't really fit into the sequence of the series. The series of draws was forgotten about. As has been the loss of the major sponsor.

Ep 5, Rainbow was patchy. I didn't care about Nate and his window table. Or Rebecca's love life. Or Ted's rom-communism.

But Roy coming back to the club as coach was a huge return to form for the show. He's here, he's there, he's every ******* where. Roy Kent!

Haha someone earlier in the thread said that they didn't see anywhere for more character development and then one of the characters has some more development and someone else says they don't care for it.

I really enjoyed the episode and particularly all the nods to iconic rom-com scenes throughout. And just a lot of genuinely funny moments. I'm not sure why people think it's at all different from season 1.

Ended up with 13 major Emmy nominations:
Oustanding Comedy
Jason Sudeikis for Lead Actor in a Comedy
Brett Goldstein, Brendan Hunt, Nick Mohammed, Jeremy Swift for Supporting Actor in a Comedy
Juno Temple, Hannah Waddingham for Supporting Actress in a Comedy
Oustanding Directing
2 for Outstanding Writing
I really couldn't call this an Outstanding Comedy. A few giggles and chuckles here and there, but it's not a show with cleverly written jokes and regular LOL moments. The humour is fairly obvious, if not somewhat lame on occasions. Great show though.

I really couldn't call this an Outstanding Comedy. A few giggles and chuckles here and there, but it's not a show with cleverly written jokes and regular LOL moments. The humour is fairly obvious, if not somewhat lame on occasions. Great show though.
It's a comedy more than it is a drama though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back