Tegan Higginbotham

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to teach. I was the only male on staff. I know what it's like to be a minority. For those who haven't experienced it, I can tell you that it's nothing short of a nightmare. You get held to a higher standard, and eventually you get chewed up and spat out. This girl, what's her name, Tegan, is no more or less entertaining than the others, yet here we are, talking about her. Footy fans don't want female commentators. Kelli Underwood will testify to that. Let's talk instead about Cameron Mooney. Not since Matthew Lloyd have I seen anyone look so terrified in front of camera. Someone please put him out of his misery. And as for Spud. Jesus. He's so flawed that Dunstall turns him into a running joke. If Spud was a woman, he wouldn't have survived the audition. The show's a basket case, and they thought a woman would remedy it. No chance. It's beyond salvation.

I used to teach. I was the only male on staff. I know what it's like to be a minority. For those who haven't experienced it, I can tell you that it's nothing short of a nightmare. You get held to a higher standard, and eventually you get chewed up and spat out. This girl, what's her name, Tegan, is no more or less entertaining than the others, yet here we are, talking about her. Footy fans don't want female commentators. Kelli Underwood will testify to that. Let's talk instead about Cameron Mooney. Not since Matthew Lloyd have I seen anyone look so terrified in front of camera. Someone please put him out of his misery. And as for Spud. Jesus. He's so flawed that Dunstall turns him into a running joke. If Spud was a woman, he wouldn't have survived the audition. The show's a basket case, and they thought a woman would remedy it. No chance. It's beyond salvation.

I bag male footy commentators regularly. Robbo is a disgrace, Dwayne is a tool and Dermie is a flog of the highest order. There are only a select few in the footy media that I think are even close to good at their jobs. None of this changes the fact that Tegan Higgenbotham is an untalented, unattractive hobgoblin.

Apology accepted.
Reminds me of a comment I recently read......
"Twitter (& Big Footy) has taught me a couple of things.
First, there are some incredibly brilliant people in the
world. Second, they are vastly outnumbered."

No doubt everyone at the ABC places themselves in the brilliant category.
Time to go back to watching Tegan's DVD's or whatever.
Why is she still working in Australia? She should be doing her stand up routine in LA.
Perhaps she could get a gig on some grid iron show and spare us from having to listen to her.....and you!

They are not jokes if the vast majority do not find them funny. Personally I don't mind her but she comes across socially awkward as hell, and like someone else wrote on page 1 she looks like a pug
Over to you Scoopar... Deal with this Philistine. He probably doesn't believe in Global warming either....Looks the type.....

Quote from Bounce: They are not jokes if the vast majority do not find them funny. Personally I don't mind her but she comes across socially awkward as hell, and like someone else wrote on page 1 she looks like a pug

Over to you Scoopar... Deal with this Philistine. He probably doesn't believe in Global warming either....Looks the type.....

Sounds like Bouncey is quite familiar with the features of a pug. Reminds me of a line that starts off - "If you lie down with dogs......"

Ridiculous post. Have you read some of the criticisms directed towards male figures in the media? A bunch of them have their own threads on here.

They are not jokes if the vast majority do not find them funny. Personally I don't mind her but she comes across socially awkward as hell, and like someone else wrote on page 1 she looks like a pug
People not getting jokes is more a reflection of them than the teller. The "vast majority" is why virtually every show is absolute rubbish. The reason the bar stays so low is that the vast majority still accept and watch what's on offer. Keep it simple 'cause that's the audience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's an Iranian/Persian refugee who hates people from the middle east arriving in Australia, she's a walking contradiction.
Sorry, she is not allowed an opinion? Most Australians probably agree with her since they voted for Howard and his policies, and then punished Labor when they opened up the borders. She obviously knows something you don't.

Coming here was good for her, but not for others?
20,000 people are accepted every year. People who patiently wait for years in camps in Malaysia, Indonesia etc. Then we have the queue jumpers who leave Muslim countries (bypass three of four other Muslim countries) straight for Australia. I think that is the point she is making.

20,000 people are accepted every year. People who patiently wait for years in camps in Malaysia, Indonesia etc. Then we have the queue jumpers who leave Muslim countries (bypass three of four other Muslim countries) straight for Australia. I think that is the point she is making.
Something some people conveniently overlook

I actually don't think most footy fans would have a problem with a female commentator... Underwoods issue was that her voice is bloody awful and screechy when she gets wound up.
People don't want to hear that, male or female

And yet we have Roo commentating Crows games.
He doesn't commentate per se, he makes special comments. You are quite correct though....he grates on the viewers. His comments during the Adelaide-Port were that of a parochial 'hill' supporter. He could hardly contain his excitement.

I actually don't think most footy fans would have a problem with a female commentator... Underwoods issue was that her voice is bloody awful and screechy when she gets wound up.
People don't want to hear that, male or female
I still don't believe she was given a fair go. She has improved and should be given another chance on TV. She does occasionally commentate for the People's Republic of the ABC, but that does not count, since no one really listens to them. If Brian the Buffon Taylor can still be on the airways then anybody has got a chance. I just cannot watch a game of footy when he is commentating. Dennis Cometti was the stand alone king, and then a huge gap to the next one. Bit like when Winks races.

Sorry, she is not allowed an opinion? Most Australians probably agree with her since they voted for Howard and his policies, and then punished Labor when they opened up the borders. She obviously knows something you don't.
The fact you don't see the irony in her personal history and current beliefs relieves my obligation to respond to the rest of your post.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back