Tegan Higginbotham

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't believe she was given a fair go. She has improved and should be given another chance on TV. She does occasionally commentate for the People's Republic of the ABC, but that does not count, since no one really listens to them. If Brian the Buffon Taylor can still be on the airways then anybody has got a chance. I just cannot watch a game of footy when he is commentating. Dennis Cometti was the stand alone king, and then a huge gap to the next one. Bit like when Winks races.

I think you'll, find, if you can drag yourself away from the Blokes Channel (or repeats of The Footy Show) long enough, the ratings would suggest you're talking bullshit. ABC radio rates very well in every state across a range of demographics and timeslots. Its footy coverage with commentators like Gerard Whateley and experts like David Parkin is superior to most. And they give Kelly Underwood an opportunity to broadcast the footy.

And....in some parts of Australia, the ABC is the one station the locals can rely on.

But you'll never know because your narrow minded hatred of the ABC prevents you from finding out.

I think you'll, find, if you can drag yourself away from the Blokes Channel (or repeats of The Footy Show) long enough, the ratings would suggest you're talking bullshit. ABC radio rates very well in every state across a range of demographics and timeslots. Its footy coverage with commentators like Gerard Whateley and experts like David Parkin is superior to most. And they give Kelly Underwood an opportunity to broadcast the footy.

And....in some parts of Australia, the ABC is the one station the locals can rely on.

But you'll never know because your narrow minded hatred of the ABC prevents you from finding out.
No doubt the ABC serves a purpose in some areas, but the People's Republic of the ABC has become a monster. They are chartered to provide an independent National broadcasting service, and yet they fail miserably.

John Faine will not discuss global warming with any caller and just says the debate is over. Not interested in hearing alternative views or concerns for the Same Sex Marriage debate. He is soft on any left leaning politician and becomes belligerent when interviewing anyone not from the Left. He gets paid 300K per year by taxpayers to give all a voice and let the public decide. He is not beholden to ratings, does not have to worry about advertising revenue, because the 'good old taxpayer' as Paul Keating once called them, foots the bill. And that sums up the ABC in a nutshell..The Good old taxpayer pays and fixes their mistakes.

NB: Labor had six years to introduce same sex marriage, but voted against it. The same people who now speak in support of it, vote for it because their Party has told them the way to vote. Never hear the ABC ever bring this up. Why? It doesn't suit their agenda.

It is time for the ABC and SBS to be sold off.

I don't agree, obviously. :) I think the ABC is the most balanced broadcaster and news outlet we have. There is far more to it than Jon Faine on the radio for 3 hours per day.

And thankfully, it will never be sold off because, quite obviously, the alternative is scary and unthinkable. Exhibit A - Murdoch Press. Murdoch run news services are 100 times worse in terms of bias and more dangerous than anything on the ABC - offering a narrow demographic of like minded shock jocks controlled by King Rupert spewing out his version of hatred and bigotry.

I don't agree, obviously. :) I think the ABC is the most balanced broadcaster and news outlet we have. There is far more to it than Jon Faine on the radio for 3 hours per day.

And thankfully, it will never be sold off because, quite obviously, the alternative is scary and unthinkable. Exhibit A - Murdoch Press. Murdoch run news services are 100 times worse in terms of bias and more dangerous than anything on the ABC - offering a narrow demographic of like minded shock jocks controlled by King Rupert spewing out his version of hatred and bigotry.
Oh rubbish and you know it. They allow alternative views, unlike the People's Republic of the ABC. The Age is hanging on by a thread, the ABC & SBS survive off the dollars of the good old taxpayer. Name one ABC employee who has expressed a view contrary to the ABC group think on climate change or same sex marriage? If they did they would be ridiculed and fired. Your kind of democracy. The legacy of the looney left (your mob) has left Australia with a half a trillion dollar debt, after John Howard had paid of all Govt debt and set up the future fund. Thank goodness he had the vision to do it. This now has about 125 billion in it and can pay your mates entitlements at the ABC i.e. 15% super contributions, six weeks leave (including the long weekends they take when they are sick or too stressed to come in) whereas all other Australians receive 9% super and are lucky if they get their 4 weeks. If Labor gets back into Govt that debt will explode to 1 trillion, and then the only choice Australians will have is what Govt benefit do we scrap? Medicare, Pensions or the Dole? Can't wait to see what excuses Andrews comes up with in Summer when Victoria starts having power outages.

Last edited:

...and you seriously believe that the left are kind and gentle in their opposition? I watched the Insiders this morning and it may as well have been a paid political hour for the Labor Party. Three commentators all agreeing with each other. How is that an impartial balanced argument. I don't care what you or anyone believes, just have an alternative opinion on the show. Not much to ask, since it is our taxes.

I wouldn't be too sure about the ABC not being sold off one day. We are paying 15-20 billion per year in interest payments to cover Labor's six years of insane spending. When the world economy improves (and it will) and interest rates jump up to 10% or higher, then we are going to be paying 50 billion per year in interest to International Banks. Sooner rather than later this country is going to experience an economic shock that will make the depression look like a picnic. Our politicians have now adopted the US way of dealing with the debt issue which is kicking the can down the road for the next administration and keep the masses ignorant.There will be a day of reckoning when middle class welfare will evaporate overnight. We will finally understand what the poor deluded Greeks have had to endure.

Well Moody Blue, you certainly love your conservatives. Seems the more far right they are (Bolt, Kenny, Panahi, Dean, Credlin, Latham etc) the happier you are. I don't get the appeal of so much hatred and bigotry, but each to their own.

I do pretty much get one thing Moody Blue....You can't wait to vote an emphatic NO on the postal plebiscite.

Btw, I've never asked for anyone to be banned for being sexist. But given the appalling amount of domestic violence in society I do understand why BF moderators would wish to keep a lid on it.

Well Moody Blue, you certainly love your conservatives. Seems the more far right they are (Bolt, Kenny, Panahi, Dean, Credlin, Latham etc) the happier you are. I don't get the appeal of so much hatred and bigotry, but each to their own.

I do pretty much get one thing Moody Blue....You can't wait to vote an emphatic NO on the postal plebiscite.

Btw, I've never asked for anyone to be banned for being sexist. But given the appalling amount of domestic violence in society I do understand why BF moderators would wish to keep a lid on it.
Banning free speech is not the answer in trying to reduce domestic violence or other issues. But this seems the way our society is heading, and it is dangerous.

Like any change of law, there will be unintended consequences.
In the meantime, I have not heard one ABC commentator pull up Billy boy on the following. Yes I know it is the disgusting Murdoch media...
********************************************************************************
Mr Shorten told the Australian Christian Lobby forum in his electorate that he preferred “the Australian people make their view known” to the 150 MPs in federal parliament. “Personally speaking, I’m completely relaxed about having some form of plebiscite,’’ he said. “I’d be wary of trying to use a referendum and a constitutional mechanism to start tampering with the Marriage Act.

But in terms of a plebiscite — I would rather the people of Australia could make their view clear on this than leaving this issue to 150 people.”

GRAPHIC — Shifting positions

He told the Christian forum, which was webcast, he supported same-sex marriage and did not support a referendum but he did not think parliament would act.

Mr Shorten said “gay marriage” was not the reason he ran for parliament and that “I would rather that I didn’t have to address the question”. He said he preferred a vote in parliament but he could not see it voting for change for a long time. “I believe that you should allow the parliament, if that’s what has to happen, to make a determination on this question,” he said.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/fed...e/news-story/fd7f72809333817973db6448f554e371

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh wow, it's been a while since I saw a full blown, frothing at the mouth right wing lunatic. I bet you would have been front and centre at that Neo Nazi rally the other day!

Banning free speech can be dangerous, I agree.

Banning sickening and disgusting hate speech, I'm all for it. You only have to see what happened in Charlottesville to realise that spewing out hatred is dangerous and of no use to anyone.

And in terms of domestic violence, if some a-hole uses social media to claim it's alright to rape and bash women and make jokes about it, then they should be banned. Again, what is the point of making women feel uncomfortable and afraid?

I'm sorry this has gotten off the topic of Tegan Higginbotham. From what I've seen she doesn't have an (feminists/left wing) agenda other than to try to entertain. It's OK not to like her humour, her demeanour but to outwardly hate someone just because you don't they're think funny, just seems ludicrous.

Oh wow, it's been a while since I saw a full blown, frothing at the mouth right wing lunatic. I bet you would have been front and centre at that Neo Nazi rally the other day!

So I must be a right wing lunatic because I dare to express a point of view? Your response is typical of the left and the People's Republic of the ABC. I am making observations which lefties invariably do not like, because they are unable to offer a counter argument. Economics and the Left are mutually exclusive, as six years of Labor & Green Govt demonstrated.

Banning free speech can be dangerous, I agree.

Banning sickening and disgusting hate speech, I'm all for it. You only have to see what happened in Charlottesville to realise that spewing out hatred is dangerous and of no use to anyone.

And in terms of domestic violence, if some a-hole uses social media to claim it's alright to rape and bash women and make jokes about it, then they should be banned. Again, what is the point of making women feel uncomfortable and afraid?

I'm sorry this has gotten off the topic of Tegan Higginbotham. From what I've seen she doesn't have an (feminists/left wing) agenda other than to try to entertain. It's OK not to like her humour, her demeanour but to outwardly hate someone just because you don't they're think funny, just seems ludicrous.
100% agree with your sentiments. Equating someone's looks with their abilities is just insane, but just highlights how stupid people can be.

Am I the only one that wants to know what the deal with the blue lettering is?

I think it's to let people know that it has nothing to do with the original topic..Tegan Higginbotham, so that they don't waste their time in reading useless political comment.

Darebin Council will not allow any group to use their facilities if they are arguing against marriage equality. They will however offer their facilities (for free) to any LGBT group that wishes to use them to argue their case. Free speech in Australia 2017. What's next?

I think it's to let people know that it has nothing to do with the original topic..Tegan Higginbotham, so that they don't waste their time in reading useless political comment.
Then close the thread. You either like her work or you don't. No need to get into personal attacks on her because of her looks or otherwise.

I think her career may be over after last nights performance at the Liverpool vs Sydney FC game.

Most cringeworthy television i have ever experienced.
Sadly, this was not the case.
Not sure what she brings, she has limited knowledge of the game, she is not funny and not good looking....
You could have just said Carlton supporter.
Let's face it regardless of her gender Tegan is about as funny as a kick in the nuts
Agreed. Wait a minute, my own nuts or someone else's?

why are people using this thread to argue right and left politics?!

There are multiple threads on the politics page for you to duke it out.
Because people are idiots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back