XBX Tell Me Why - Dontnod Games

Remove this Banner Ad

So the first chapter drops this week. It's got a short release cycle so all three chapters will be available by the 10th of September.

Planning on starting Chapter One this coming weekend as it's part of Game Pass

Definitely in for this one. I think I'll start it around the time that episode 2 drops and that should ensure I'm good to go for the finale.

Finished chapter one. That was very good.

Great atmosphere. Pretty graphics. Good narrative hook.

Fantastic that it is only a week between episodes.

Looking forward to finishing this off tonight, will be interesting to see where it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
s**t I'm still in chapter one, last few weeks have not been kind to gaming time for me

Finally finished Chapter One.

Visually this is their best game by far. The scenery in Alaska, maybe it's the lockdown talking but yeah.

So the reveal that it wasn't Tyler but Alyson that killed their mother wasn't earth shattering but I'm sure for people in the town of they found out they sent the wrong one away.

The voice is a nice touch, I was thinking don't mess with the Zohan Jedi Mind Power or something but a way to non verbally communicate was a nice twin powers touch.

My end results
Alyson was happy Tyler accepted Eddy's peace offering

Alyson was delighted to solve the Princess'riddle with her brother

Tyler felt unrecognised by Alyson's lack of trust at the store

Tyler sensed a rift between him and Alyson when she sided with Eddy at the station

Tyler protected himself against Sam's aggression

Tessa shut out the twins about Mary-Ann

Eddy felt validated by Alyson's family plea when she sided with him at the station

Man getting it to install Chapter 3 was not a user friendly process.

Game got stuck in a loop detecting DLC and logging our if Xbox live as well, had to go into the replay menu and restart chapter two even though I'd never started it.

Still got it working now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man getting it to install Chapter 3 was not a user friendly process.

Game got stuck in a loop detecting DLC and logging our if Xbox live as well, had to go into the replay menu and restart chapter two even though I'd never started it.

Still got it working now

Yeah did the same for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Chapter Two down.

I keep missing the hints for voice side dialogue options

Tyler felt relied on when Alyson chose his memiat the house
Tyler felt heard about needing time when Alyson refused the house showing
Alyson felt hopeful about becoming a family when Tyler forgave Eddy
Eddy was touched by Tyler's forgiveness
Michael was heartened by Tyler's compliment
Tessa felt grateful the twins kept her in their lives

So who is the mad hunter is it Tessa's husband or Sam or the actual hunter Andrew that killed moose outside his permit area

Man I've love the original LIS in this upgraded engine.

Nothing beats the mood music and vibe of that game for me. The soundtrack hasn't been as prominent since in dontnod games.

Still enjoying this story and damn but it's reminding me why I want to go to Alaska visually

Ok so the final chapter. It really took right up to the ending for me to get a moment that hit me.

LIS did that a few times and Before the Storm because of its links to LIS did it.
LIS2 was different but had some strong moments.

I think it was the nature of this game of solving the riddles of their past that made most of it the way it was.

so yeah Tom was the dad but the scene on the docks, the reality of their mothers life....

Choices
Alyson was grateful they completed Mary-Ann's picked
Alyson was influenced by Tom's testimony
The twins trusted their bond and kept their voice
Eddy remained in the dark about Alyson's responsibility in the murder
Sam felt understood by Alyson
Michael felt closer to Tyler

Overall a good game. A bit more laid back than the LIS series as far as the current urgency goes as all the violence happened in the last.

A shorter story and much more like a movie as far as the soundtrack went. The engine allowed beautiful scenery and much better character models

I think after life is strange this is my favourite for being a little different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back