Tell us your most memorable dreams & nightmares

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
This morning was the third morning in a row on which I woke up from a weird approx 2-minute nightmare.

What oddball dreams and nightmares have you had which you can still remember and recount? Starting the ball rolling with mine:

- This morning's nightmare. My team play another grand final against Richmond, and I realise with horror that I forgot to watch the match. I say, 'after all that how the **** could I forget to watch the Crows in a grand final?' I get filthier when I try to check the result but internet pages won't load and no one around me knows the result. I start wondering why I never got the email for the ticket ballot either. I'm absolutely furious, and that's when I wake up.

- Yesterday's nightmare. I'm with a couple of acquaintances at a function. I agree to let one of them give us a lift home despite me knowing he's too drunk to drive. I would never agree to this in reality.

We drive through major roads, light night-time traffic, with me wondering whether we'll get away with it. Then a set of lights turn red. 'Wait wait wait!' I think. But it's too late, the driver runs straight through the red light at a leisurely 60 Ks. We don't crash. I roll my eyes and say 'You ******* idiot. We were getting away with it and then you run a ******* red light for no reason.'

I look around with dread, knowing everyone saw what we just did. I think for a moment that no police officers saw and we would get away with it. Then I look in the rear-view mirror and a police car finally turns on its lights. In this particular dream universe, the law is that getting in the car with a drink driver is considered drink driving. I'm thinking about how long I'm going to jail for and how long I'm losing my licence for. Then I wake up.

- Day before yesterday's nightmare. I'm walking across a plaza towards a grey building where I work (not my workplace in real life). I look at my watch and realise with horror that I have only one minute until I have to start work. I go to the staff room and for some bizarre reason I have to heat up and eat a pizza before I start working.

I begin gobbling down the pizza, look at the wall clock and see I was supposed to be working ten minutes ago. 'Why the **** has it taken me ten minutes to heat up a pizza?' I think. I'm very angry with myself and know my boss will be pissed off. In real life I absolutely hate being late.

I had two reoccurring nightmares when I was younger. One was an army of storm troopers from Star Wars had invaded my neighbourhood and were looking for me. I spent what felt like hours running away all over the place. I took refuge in my brothers friends house and a storm trooper spots me through the window. Thats where I woke up. Every damn time.

The other was in some forrest. All the trees were alive and again for some reason trying to get m. At the end my dad appears and thats where I woke up. Every damn time.

Never got any conclusion to these nightmares, but they were pretty scary to younger me.

My worst nightmare was late September last year, when I dreamt that Richmond won the flag.
That day did have an other-worldly, nightmarish feel. It had been so long since the Crows had been in a grand final, then suddenly it was a reality. I was about 70% confident of winning, we were ahead at quarter time and then it all turned sour. We then had to watch Richmond win the premiership in a weird, sickly kind of afternoon sunshine - different to the usual sunshine on GF day. Took a while for it to sink in that we lost a grand final in an upset.

Don’t tickle your kids folks, you might think they are enjoying it but the laughter is a reflex, you can’t help but not laugh.. they may seem like they are laughing but inside are in pain.

I used to have nightmares of being followed by a man tickling me.I cringe when I see people tickle their kids, It should be illegal. It’s a form of torture

This morning was the third morning in a row on which I woke up from a weird approx 2-minute nightmare.

What oddball dreams and nightmares have you had which you can still remember and recount? Starting the ball rolling with mine:

- This morning's nightmare. My team play another grand final against Richmond, and I realise with horror that I forgot to watch the match. I say, 'after all that how the **** could I forget to watch the Crows in a grand final?' I get filthier when I try to check the result but internet pages won't load and no one around me knows the result. I start wondering why I never got the email for the ticket ballot either. I'm absolutely furious, and that's when I wake up.

- Yesterday's nightmare. I'm with a couple of acquaintances at a function. I agree to let one of them give us a lift home despite me knowing he's too drunk to drive. I would never agree to this in reality.

We drive through major roads, light night-time traffic, with me wondering whether we'll get away with it. Then a set of lights turn red. 'Wait wait wait!' I think. But it's too late, the driver runs straight through the red light at a leisurely 60 Ks. We don't crash. I roll my eyes and say 'You ******* idiot. We were getting away with it and then you run a ******* red light for no reason.'

I look around with dread, knowing everyone saw what we just did. I think for a moment that no police officers saw and we would get away with it. Then I look in the rear-view mirror and a police car finally turns on its lights. In this particular dream universe, the law is that getting in the car with a drink driver is considered drink driving. I'm thinking about how long I'm going to jail for and how long I'm losing my licence for. Then I wake up.

- Day before yesterday's nightmare. I'm walking across a plaza towards a grey building where I work (not my workplace in real life). I look at my watch and realise with horror that I have only one minute until I have to start work. I go to the staff room and for some bizarre reason I have to heat up and eat a pizza before I start working.

I begin gobbling down the pizza, look at the wall clock and see I was supposed to be working ten minutes ago. 'Why the **** has it taken me ten minutes to heat up a pizza?' I think. I'm very angry with myself and know my boss will be pissed off. In real life I absolutely hate being late.
Thats not a nightmare, would classify that as a bad dream or bad dreams. I've dreamt in the past of someone trying to break into my house whilst maniacally laughing. I mean the clown from IT style. Also falling off buildings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constantly used to have dreams as a kid that I had rocked up to primary school without any pants or underwear on, there I was on the footy oval standing there with my penis for everyone to see.

There's been a few memorable ones but I honestly forget them pretty easily.

I had a dream last year that I was extremely drunk and deliberately drove straight into a truck. As soon as the collision happened I kind of flew towards the atmosphere and went behind the stars. Then my consciousness turned into mush, I remember the rest of the dream just being a procession of weird shapes and things coming at me, kinda like when Dave enters the monolith in 2001. Pretty wild s**t, I can't really describe that one too well!

I've had a few dreams where I was alcoholic or extremely drunk or ****ed up and they're always horrible. I also have the losing teeth dream fairly regularly, I reckon it's defo anxiety related.

I've had a couple of lucid dreams where I've had some measure of control (ie: gone flying, so much fun!). I had one dream where I was with a girl and time literally froze and we were the only human beings alive left on earth. That was all sci-fi and s**t (not a sexy dream unfortunately).

Dreaming's cool. You can kinda train yourself to remember dreams by writing them down as soon as you wake up. It's not a habit I've been able to cultivate much these days but in uni etc. I was super diligent and my ability to recall everything afterwards was immense.

There's been a few memorable ones but I honestly forget them
Say that again?

Had many dreams where I've been lucid for short periods. Usually wake up not long after I realise it's a lucid dream which is annoying.

Being chased, falling were the usual nightmares

Some really weird ones with people from school/work, celebrities

I had a dream last year that I was extremely drunk and deliberately drove straight into a truck. As soon as the collision happened I kind of flew towards the atmosphere and went behind the stars. Then my consciousness turned into mush, I remember the rest of the dream just being a procession of weird shapes and things coming at me, kinda like when Dave enters the monolith in 2001. Pretty wild s**t, I can't really describe that one too well!

I've had a few dreams where I was alcoholic or extremely drunk or ****** up and they're always horrible. I also have the losing teeth dream fairly regularly, I reckon it's defo anxiety related.

I've had a couple of lucid dreams where I've had some measure of control (ie: gone flying, so much fun!). I had one dream where I was with a girl and time literally froze and we were the only human beings alive left on earth. That was all sci-fi and s**t (not a sexy dream unfortunately).

Dreaming's cool. You can kinda train yourself to remember dreams by writing them down as soon as you wake up. It's not a habit I've been able to cultivate much these days but in uni etc. I was super diligent and my ability to recall everything afterwards was immense.

Say that again?
Memorable wasn't the right word. Meant to say they were what you'd call memorable dreams, something interesting happens but for some reason I suck at remembering them after a few days.

That's odd, I wonder why

I use to have them frequently and did some research where a common theme was a fear of growing old or insecure about something.

Makes sense for me as i have been content with life the last 5 or so years and havn't had those kinds of dreams in that time.

I don’t really dream for some reason, just close my eyes and then I wake up the next morning. :(

My parents though, apparently my old man had a dream last week that someone was trying to buy his smoko van business and he wasn’t happy to sell it, they ended up in a scuffle and he was attempting to choke the bloke out with a headlock. In reality he had grabbed onto his wife in his sleep and was doing the same thing, she managed to wake him up though and he knew what was happening the moment he woke up and let go of course.

I had a dream last night where i was a child and was kidnapped and there was an emotional ending when i escaped and reunited with my family. I actually woke up and marvelled how good the writing, directing, and cinematography was in my dream. Coppola could hardly have put the story together better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back