Telstra AFL Live Official App & Pricing

Remove this Banner Ad

When they black out radio stations from broadcasting footy on their own website, which effectively blacks out 3rd party apps like tune in and leaves you stuck with the AFL app, you'd hope that they might make sure the app works wouldn't you?

I mean, if you can't do it properly yourself, shouldn't the AFL/Telstra be letting the radio stations do it themselves?

I hate channel 7. I do the trick where I listen through the app (bluetoothing to a dock) and pause my Foxtel IQ til the picture syncs... Triple M tonight is just losing its connection every 2 minutes. It's annoying the hell out of me. Let me listen through tune in when your own incompetence prevents you giving us something we can use.

I see that support for this app is still poor! Right now it won't open properly and you are encouraged to update to the latest verion (sic) and when you do update you can't get past the update direction .... Suspect it's to do w the version of iOS that you run but pretty poor to be like this - hope it gets sorted pronto!

I see that support for this app is still poor! Right now it won't open properly and you are encouraged to update to the latest verion (sic) and when you do update you can't get past the update direction .... Suspect it's to do w the version of iOS that you run but pretty poor to be like this - hope it gets sorted pronto!
I've had no issues. Might just be you need to update your iOS

Whats the best way to watch games online guys? I mean on a PC not via phone, tablet etc.

Is there a proper way to do it or do you just have to rely on shitty streams?
The most effective way seems to be by using VPN and paying for WatchAFL. Which IMHO is still pretty poor quality wise.

The most effective way seems to be by using VPN and paying for WatchAFL. Which IMHO is still pretty poor quality wise.
I'm considering doing it this season already use a smart dns service that supports watchafl and it's supposed to be 720p quality.

Have you tried it this year? Will try a weekly subscription this week and see how it goes

I'm considering doing it this season already use a smart dns service that supports watchafl and it's supposed to be 720p quality.

Have you tried it this year? Will try a weekly subscription this week and see how it goes

I tried it out for the NAB cup, was OK. Probably about the same as Channel 7 quality for me

I used up my free month of tel$tra Live and cancelled, found it was useless unless your house is next to a Tel$tra tower with 4G.
Too many drop outs, poor quality, and it sucked up my mobile data limit faster than youtubes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say it's slightly higher resolution than SD broadcast TV, but the frame rate is crap. To me it almost looks like whatever they use to encode the video they receive before streaming it isn't working quite right - fast movement is slightly jerky.

Question on this. Do they have the weekly/monthly pass things during the season? I am looking ahead to when I am in the USA next September *ugh* and would like to watch the games on my tablet. Assuming I can use the app overseas of course!

It's not s**t anymore!
hanson4.jpg

How would an app update alter the content?

Barrett and his 'Sliding Doors' aside, the AFL's content is fine. Cover what's going on at the clubs closer than any other outlet.

Design and functionality of their site and app has always been their issue.
Again, how it works now in the offseason with low traffic and little content is hardly any assurance on how it will work when it's getting smashed in the season proper.

There's an international app for overseas
There was an App for overseas viewers / fans. I bought a pass with my St Kilda membership. I got an email from the club a few weeks ago saying the rights for overseas were still being negotiated. So I have no idea how the coming season is going to work. I have already bought my Digital Subscription membership but it sounds like they haven't worked it all out yet! Hope they crack on! Season about to start!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back