Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

after suggesting it for Spanna65 i decided i really liked the idea so i tried it on my own template, maybe doing it on the back over does it, but with out it on the back makes it look wrong. i could make the back where the cuffs are wider or i could just leave it as-is with the top one. what should i do to it?
B5OwKkR.gif
A8V2Crd.gif

after suggesting it for Spanna65 i decided i really liked the idea so i tried it on my own template, maybe doing it on the back over does it, but with out it on the back makes it look wrong. i could make the back where the cuffs are wider or i could just leave it as-is with the top one. what should i do to it?
B5OwKkR.gif
A8V2Crd.gif

I haven't done a Canterbury collar on my template yet, but i've done a quick mock up with the paintbrush as to how I believe you should set it out.

Notice how the shoulder seams run straight into the transfer between wide collar and thin collar. As I said earlier, the whole collar is dependent on where you put your shoulder seams, as if the collar isn't separated by them, then it wont really look right.

OBVIOUSLY the shape of the thin collar is a bit off, but this was mainly to show you how to use the shoulder seam to separate the thick and thin parts of the collar.

ybxF4bM.png

Here is the Canterbury Collar for North. It's a vector file.
View attachment 104284
Cheers, I'll get that on tonight.
I haven't done a Canterbury collar on my template yet, but i've done a quick mock up with the paintbrush as to how I believe you should set it out.

Notice how the shoulder seams run straight into the transfer between wide collar and thin collar. As I said earlier, the whole collar is dependent on where you put your shoulder seams, as if the collar isn't separated by them, then it wont really look right.

OBVIOUSLY the shape of the thin collar is a bit off, but this was mainly to show you how to use the shoulder seam to separate the thick and thin parts of the collar.

ybxF4bM.png
Cheers, I'll do that tonight when i chuck klims collar on.

I was asking what people thought about the cuffs.

Cheers, I'll get that on tonight.

Cheers, I'll do that tonight when i chuck klims collar on.

I was asking what people thought about the cuffs.

I wouldn't have the back of the cuffs showing, it doesn't quite look right.

If they are showing, they should only be showing from one perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be making the back of my jumper wider at the cuffs so that it's only the front you see the other side of. I'll also tinker with where the back off the cuff joins up with the front, you should do the same. Looking good though, I really like that template.

I'll be making the back of my jumper wider at the cuffs so that it's only the front you see the other side of. I'll also tinker with where the back off the cuff joins up with the front, you should do the same. Looking good though, I really like that template.
Thanks! I'll get to it now.

Really well done, can't wait to see it completed, btw, I'm claiming that as my idea. Charging 20 bucks every time you enter a Comp with it
That's really good dude

Thanks guys! I didn't realise making a template could be so fun.
I've made the cuffs bigger on the front for this update. Whaddya reckon?

upload_2015-1-22_7-17-26.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back