Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone e please explain how to make those types of templates? Eg from real pictures. I've tried so many times but fail to be able to make a design totally white to be able to re design, keeping the shading and folds
Like Spanna's template or like Mitchell's?

El_Scorcho Did you draw the boots onto your template?

No, I spent hours googling boots until I found one at the right angle, and then I flipped it for the other boot, fixed the logo and added an inner shadow coming from the same side as the shadow on my template so it all matched in.

No, I spent hours googling boots until I found one at the right angle, and then I flipped it for the other boot, fixed the logo and added an inner shadow coming from the same side as the shadow on my template so it all matched in.
Ha, I did this for my newest template too. Inner shadow and all.

Like Spannas, I want to be able to create my own template and make my designs go the next step
It's all about trial and error. To get the basic shape, he used the pen tool on an existing Marc Murphy photo, and for all the ripples, he used the paintbrush tool with a grey colour and followed Marc's guernsey's crumples....

Those beautiful... crumples.. :sob:

I have been looking to add some subtle stitching and shadows to my template recently and have a problem that I would love answered.
dujypqL.png

I have been reading the 'how to add shadows to your template in illustrator' thread and while it has been helpful my shadows tend to just desaturate the colour rather than darken it. Any help on how to correct this or even a different way to go about shadows entirely would be awesome.

Ai yeh? Change your colour mode to ''RGB color''.

File > document color mode > RGB color.

Then after that make the shadowing full black.
Fixed it right up, can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentioned this issue in my post on the COTJ thread but it I still need some help with it. I was trialling different presentations for my NAFL designs when I ran into the issue where two thin transparent lines show up on one half of the front of my guernseys... only sometimes and I don't know why! Here is what I know it isn't from mucking around with it. It isn't the sponsor, there is none on this image. It isn't the shape because otherwise it would show up on the back because they are the same. It can't be the shadows as the Geelong design didn't have any. The only time it shows up on this image is when I try and place a photo as the background, but I didn't have one on the Cats guernsey and they were there. Should mention this doesn't appear when I am working on it, just when I go to save as a png for web. Any ideas on something else to try, not the end of the world if I can't end up using an image for the background just think that it has the potential to look really good.
MGVhVeU.png

NY941Kt.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back