Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What events do you do?
athletics i do hurdles, 100m and 200m. I also currently am coaching relays. I injured my hip the other week running the 200m, they think i may have tore something towards the back of the hip. Im going for scans on Monday and will see the physio again on Wednesday. Hopefully all goes well but the physio said if it's a tear i might not be back until after christmas which will make winning the seasons athletics premiership very hard.

athletics i do hurdles, 100m and 200m. I also currently am coaching relays. I injured my hip the other week running the 200m, they think i may have tore something towards the back of the hip. Im going for scans on Monday and will see the physio again on Wednesday. Hopefully all goes well but the physio said if it's a tear i might not be back until after christmas which will make winning the seasons athletics premiership very hard.
Not too bad! Sounds like you hold the team up mate!

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Get well soon Grandsun

The first NAFL matchday of the season (or any major comp) gives me max template envy. I'm looking for possible suggestions and directions as to what to improve or add to my template for upcoming comps as I look to evolve it once more. I kinda like that I am still using in essence the same template as I did when I first started back up on here, so I doubt I'll be starting all over again.

I am also looking at possibly moving across to Ps to try and get it more 'photo realistic', but I feel as though it would just take me far too long to the little fabric ripples and stuff like that right, that it might not even be worth doing. Can anyone who has created one of these templates give me an idea of how many hours it took for them to put it together to see whether I have the time to do it, or if I am better off coughing up for the YI template?

Zx2pNhH.png

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
The first NAFL matchday of the season (or any major comp) gives me max template envy. I'm looking for possible suggestions and directions as to what to improve or add to my template for upcoming comps as I look to evolve it once more. I kinda like that I am still using in essence the same template as I did when I first started back up on here, so I doubt I'll be starting all over again.

I am also looking at possibly moving across to Ps to try and get it more 'photo realistic', but I feel as though it would just take me far too long to the little fabric ripples and stuff like that right, that it might not even be worth doing. Can anyone who has created one of these templates give me an idea of how many hours it took for them to put it together to see whether I have the time to do it, or if I am better off coughing up for the YI template?

Zx2pNhH.png
I still think the guernsey is a little too thin. Also, it could probably do with some more curves as almost every footy player can fill out their guernsey. So that might mean making the bottom of the cuffs the same width as the top of the cuffs, and then working from there :)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

Zx2pNhH.png

I've never drawn the fabric ripples myself (apart from a bit of editing). Mine shading etc is all taken from images I've found online and overlayed.

Once you learn a bit about how it works in photoshop you can generate some really cool looking stuff.

Flat templates certainly have their place though, it's all about style and clean execution.

I've never drawn the fabric ripples myself (apart from a bit of editing). Mine shading etc is all taken from images I've found online and overlayed.

Once you learn a bit about how it works in photoshop you can generate some really cool looking stuff.
Oh, that sounds a lot more manageable than what I was thinking. I guess it is all about finding some good source material then?

Flat templates certainly have their place though, it's all about style and clean execution.
Totally, I just feel like mine is caught in between being flat and realistic at the moment.

Back