NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
This thread is here for all to post the progress on any templates that you are working on, or making edits to. This is also where people can post feedback on other posters templates, everything in here is about positive progress, and increasing the skill of other posters by giving suggestions on how they can improve the overall look of their new 'baby'

Original OP:
so imma be posting updates to my new template here for a while until i get everything right with it, because i've been working on some designs for the FIRA and IFA but i've been struggling to get it all to look right.
i realised that the jumper is uneven so i'll be posting it here to get some feedback.
i'll post what i've already chucked in the RCT here first too, so that it's also got progression from (almost) the start.

Last edited:

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
YD05Nmp.gif

ZyplRqo.gif

8E3QZNB.gif

JBjZk9m.gif

APuSueq.gif

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Balance your template out by drawing half of it, copying, flipping horizontally and pasting. Your cuffs looks a bit off and the best way to make them even is just to copy and paste.

I don't think your overall shape is too bad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Also, if you're going for a simple V neck collar, bring the front parts a bit further up the neck so the top point of the front parts is in the same spot as the top point of the back of the collar, if you get what I mean

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Make the sideways bits that transition between the thin and thick collar parts parallel with the shoulder panel line

I think.

Loving your work here mate, its coming along beautifully! Look forward to seeing how you use it in the upcoming comps

What are everyone's thoughts on renaming this thread "template feedback thread" or something nifty like that, then everyone can come and create awesome templates and get brilliant feedback?

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
Make the sideways bits that transition between the thin and thick collar parts parallel with the shoulder panel line

I think.

Loving your work here mate, its coming along beautifully! Look forward to seeing how you use it in the upcoming comps
do you mean like this?
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 3.25.49 pm.png

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

Yep, that's the way. It should match the shoulder panel line, wherever that is on your template. That might be a little too horizontal actually, your shoulder line should continue to arc up IMO, but as long as the thicker line stops in like with the shoulder panel, it works.

I'd also continue the horizontal outline piece across so the collar is separated into a distinct front and back part. On the North home guernsey the back part is white and the thinner part is royal.

http://shop.nmfc.com.au/north-melbourne-kangaroos-2015-mens-official-home-guernsey-76142.phtml

Have a look.

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 5.16.55 pm.png

i originally traced it off a rugby top where the collar was one colour, any effort i put into changing it to be like the North collar looks wrong, i'll re-trace it from a north jumper if i can find a straight-on picture of it

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
View attachment 104068
i originally traced it off a rugby top where the collar was one colour, any effort i put into changing it to be like the North collar looks wrong, i'll re-trace it from a north jumper if i can find a straight-on picture of it
Given how the lines are dependent on the shoulder seam, make sure you're redrawing that as well.

Nice. My one big tip of advice would be with the back of the collar. As it bends downwards, it should be ontop of the actual jumper and not have square edges. Or perhaps even try rounding the edges?

Anyway, very good start.

Nice. My one big tip of advice would be with the back of the collar. As it bends downwards, it should be ontop of the actual jumper and not have square edges. Or perhaps even try rounding the edges?

Anyway, very good start.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not on the computer anymore. I'm going to try and make the whole thing less pointy. I tried to put the back collar on top of the jumper but it didn't look right. I'll post what it looks like anyway.

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not on the computer anymore. I'm going to try and make the whole thing less pointy. I tried to put the back collar on top of the jumper but it didn't look right. I'll post what it looks like anyway.
That's because what you've done is (I'm guessing) copied and pasted the front of the template and erased the main parts of the collar so that you have the back left. You need to move it upwards and connect it to the jumper instead of leaving it there

Back