Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely more realistic.
I'd imagine the side seams would go up closer to the chest on the cuffs though, right? 'More vertical', if that's a good term to use..

And what was so good on your previous efforts was your smooth lines on the template, so if you could clean those up.. :hearteyes:

Is this what you mean? I don't quite get you. haha
j.PNG

Is this what you mean? I don't quite get you. haha
View attachment 504468
Not nearly as extreme as this (please, no, for the love of god) but the seam shouldn't follow the curve of the guernsey if you really want it realistic :p By vertical I meant for it to stray away from the curves of the guernsey outline to taper in at the bottom. I didn't make it clear enough last night, sorry!
images (17).jpeg

Not nearly as extreme as this (please, no, for the love of god) but the seam shouldn't follow the curve of the guernsey if you really want it realistic :p By vertical I meant for it to stray away from the curves of the guernsey outline to taper in at the bottom. I didn't make it clear enough last night, sorry!
View attachment 504547

So like this? I'm sorry but for some reason this is flying right over my head :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
j.PNG

I know some manufacturers templates have side seams to the front but in the AFL only Puma, Cotton:On and Adidas have templates that do this. All the other templates have seams that go straight from the centre bottom of the cuffs straight down to the hem in a perfect straight line. For example here is an ISC template with a straight seam next to a Puma template that has a curved seam.

example.PNG
The reason I have the straight seam run along the edge of the guernsey like that is because it is supposed to replicate a Player Issue guernsey that has been tailored to a players body type. If that makes sense.

504241_fd52d16a22f300c96b337477484733e1.PNG
ISC with that toilet bowl collar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 536834
I havnt quite finished it yet. I still need to add some more shadowing which could be useful on the collar especially.
Its better to show the kit in a light colour if you've got shadowing as it is difficult to give feedback on it when you have it in black.

Yeh fair call. Heres a white one
View attachment 536863
The main thing that stands out to me is that the socks don't really feel like they are part of the same template as the jersey and shorts. They have more of a 'realistic' shape and the shadowing is far more intense than on the other items.

The main thing that stands out to me is that the socks don't really feel like they are part of the same template as the jersey and shorts. They have more of a 'realistic' shape and the shadowing is far more intense than on the other items.
Thanks. Yeh the socks do need some work and are a bit of an afterthought that I traced the other day to go with my aussie rules template and I do tend to agree they dont really fit in with the rest of the feel of this template or my aussie rules one. Its all a work in progress though.

I've been seeing a lot of new templates here by various users, namely magpienato, just_kick_it and Wakai and it's made me think my development has stagnated on here since I haven't used my own template for years. It's all well and good to be good at making good concepts, but if I haven't used really any tools other than colour overlay and the pen tool a bit, what good am I really doing? So based on a picture I found on Instagram which looks like this:
31518228_1756422287752622_9181662969493192704_n.jpg

I've decided to make my own template which looks like this:
upload_2018-8-6_22-7-49.png
Thoughts on it? It's mostly incomplete mostly thanks to the lack of stitching but It's getting good. I'm going to leave the sharp point in the sides to differentiate the front and back but If I can't get that right I'll just delete it.
Shading/shadowing will probably be next since it's relatively easy and then maybe I'll do a stitching and then a back and then shorts.

but if I haven't used really any tools other than colour overlay and the pen tool a bit
I only just learnt how to use Pen Tool last month :drunk:

This might just be my personal preference but I'd go with a curved side of the jumper. But if you're going with the straight edge out of your preference that's fine it looks great either way.

The templates looking great tho :thumbsu:

I only just learnt how to use Pen Tool last month :drunk:

This might just be my personal preference but I'd go with a curved side of the jumper. But if you're going with the straight edge out of your preference that's fine it looks great either way.

The templates looking great tho :thumbsu:
I've been practising the pen tool since about late 2016 when I was tracing logos and stuff. A very important tool and I'm glad I know how to use it.
I was a tad sceptical of doing the curved sides as I wanted to do the CGR/Adidas style fans but I think it looks a lot better curved.
upload_2018-8-6_22-22-28.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back