Ten police shot by a sniper at Dallas protest

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you tell me what actually what happened as I wasn't there?
What happened is that when the footage cut out, he jumped up, ran over to where he'd hidden a AK47, pulled it out, stopped to burn an American flag, while yelling death to whitey and death to cops, all the time the cops calmly asked him to stop, before they were left with no choice to shoot him because he'd opened up on a school bus that had happened to be passing by, he then went and laid back on the road without the gun, burnt flag etc., and they started filming again.

What happened is that when the footage cut out, he jumped up, ran over to where he'd hidden a AK47, pulled it out, stopped to burn an American flag, while yelling death to whitey and death to cops, all the time the cops calmly asked him to stop, before they were left with no choice to shoot him because he'd opened up on a school bus that had happened to be passing by, he then went and laid back on the road without the gun, burnt flag etc., and they started filming again.
Nice lefty response champ:thumbsu:

Arthur would probably attempt to defend an actual lynching. Seems like a parody account at this point.
I'm not sure how I've actually defended it as none us know what went wrong, I just don't like being one of those sheeple who jump to conclusions and believe the guesswork and bias of the media.

People being shot is a laughing matter? I thought that might be akin to celebrating injuries on the football boards!
No: your attitude is what we're joking about.

I'm not sure how I've actually defended it as none us know what went wrong, I just don't like being one of those sheeple who jump to conclusions and believe the guesswork and bias of the media.

what went wrong is, a cop panicked and shot a man, laying on the ground who was of no threat.
He shot a man, right next to an autistic person.
Now, which part are you confused with?

what went wrong is, a cop panicked and shot a man, laying on the ground who was of no threat.
Did he panic or did he perceive that their was a real and imminent threat to either party?
Under the situation did he accidently shoot the wrong person?
Was he given incorrect information that led to the shooting?
Did he simply stuff up?
I'm not in the position to answer these questions via the scant information and footage that we have at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he panic or did he perceive that their was a real and imminent threat to either party?
Did he simply stuff up?
I'm not in the position to answer these questions via the scant information and footage that we have at this stage.
:rolleyes:

Did he simply stuff up?

the worst part is you think things things made the shoot justified?

there was no weapon clearly unidentified, then man was co-operating with police and is conversing with officers. whether the officer panicked or incorrectly accessed the situation shows the officer to be at the very least dangerously incompetent at his job.
Under the situation did he accidentally shoot the wrong person?
you do not fire if you do not have a clear shot, again the officer is at the very least dangerously incompetent at his job, we need to review the entire department and whoever certified him in the first place.
irrelevant the police officers job is to access the situation, the police officer is solely responsible for deciding when and when not to take the shot again the officer is at the very least dangerously incompetent at his job.

and on top of all of this, the victim of the shooting was handcuffed, moved to the side of the road and left their bleeding for 20 minutes until a police rescue unit arrived rather then calling an ambulance.

making every single officer onsite dangerously incompetent at their jobs.

It's amazing that in almost all of these cases that the police do not provide any first aid to the victim

That to my mind is mind blowing

They often handcuff them after they've shot them.

Apparently they're claiming that the officer thought he was protecting the black dude from the autistic dude and didn't mean to shoot him. Not sure if he meant to cuff him after he shot him or if that was also an accident.

It happened a week ago but here's a bit of something nice.

Black Lives Matter protest in Wichita changed to cookout with police
http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/kansas/article90247307.html
July 18, 2016 8:14 AM

WICHITA – What was originally planned as a protest march turned into a cookout where Wichita police and a diverse group of residents broke bread together.

The Wichita Eagle reports that organizers of the protest met with Police Chief Gordon Ramsay for several hours, ending with an agreement for the cookout, which took place Sunday at a city park. Several Wichita police officers took part.

Black Lives Matter protesters had planned to march on Sunday, but after organizers met with Chief Ramsay for hours, according to the protesters, they agreed to break bread together instead.

The goal was to open communication and build trust between police and the communities they serve. The crowd at the cookout included people who were white, black and Hispanic.

At one table, three men – a black man, a Hispanic man and a white man – sat down with burgers next to police Lt. Travis Rakestraw to share their ideas.

It was the first time since 1992 that Jarvis Scott, the black man, said he’d sat down with a police officer, and the other two said it was their first time ever sitting down with an officer.

Capt. Rusty Leeds said that community policing used to be a bigger part of the department, as a response to gang violence in the 1990s. “Then it was the gang violence, and now it’s the conduct of police,” said Leeds, about why the police had to get back out in the community again...

Maybe, just maybe things might change for the better if more of this kind of thing happen over there.

They often handcuff them after they've shot them.

Apparently they're claiming that the officer thought he was protecting the black dude from the autistic dude and didn't mean to shoot him. Not sure if he meant to cuff him after he shot him or if that was also an accident.
Agreed. That shooting was an accident. That will happen from time to time. That's the consequence of having a violent gun toting community unfortunately.

When you have a society which allows anyone to carry a gun and many criminal who carry illegal firearms the cops are going to be jumpy and are going to make mistakes. Police are human. People need to be blaming the society as a whole, not (necessarily) the individual cops. That of course doesn't excuse the one-off incidents where individual cops make unreasonable mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back