Ten police shot by a sniper at Dallas protest

Remove this Banner Ad

I say Arthur, what do you reckon of these kinds of intra-community efforts made by both the Wichita, Kansas police force and the 'Black Lives Matter' movement?

http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/kansas/article90247307.html

Is it a good way for both parties to move forward or is it just useless kumbaya hand-holding by whiners?
Intra-community events are a great idea but unfortunately not all have the same opinion:-

Patrisse Cullors is a co-founder of a national Black Lives Matter organization, and he made his thoughts clear:

“The group of people who had a BBQ with the police are not affiliated with BlackLivesMatter,” Cullors said, “We don’t sit on panels with law enforcement, and we don’t have BBQ’s or cookouts with law enforcement. We feel the best method at this point in history is by holding police accountable by organizing and advocating for police accountability,”

Intra-community events are a great idea but unfortunately not all have the same opinion:-

Patrisse Cullors is a co-founder of a national Black Lives Matter organization, and he made his thoughts clear:

“The group of people who had a BBQ with the police are not affiliated with BlackLivesMatter,” Cullors said, “We don’t sit on panels with law enforcement, and we don’t have BBQ’s or cookouts with law enforcement. We feel the best method at this point in history is by holding police accountable by organizing and advocating for police accountability,”
Do you see police accountability as a bad thing?

Do you see police accountability as a bad thing?

Everyone should be accountable be it Police, Politicians, plumbers, dole bludgers, whatever and whoever. The problem is when radical groups like the BLM create their fear campaigns more hatred is created rather than addressing and fixing whatever problems may be needed dealt with.

Everyone should be accountable be it Police, Politicians, plumbers, dole bludgers, whatever and whoever. The problem is when radical groups like the BLM create their fear campaigns more hatred is created rather than addressing and fixing whatever problems may be needed dealt with.
But the way they do this is by drawing attention to issues where the police need to be held accountable.

This isn't a radical notion. Protesting isn't a radical action.

I understand the level of anger, but I don't think Cullors' position is all that helpful. Common ground needs to be reached here and trust needs to be rebuilt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give you this to watch but I'm sure that you will not concede that this supports my point (or will you?)

In no way do I condone the shooting of police mate, and you know that....But the Southern States in particular, still have deep racial issues....And there can be no denying that alot of those deaths cited in that video, were a result of racial profiling.

Better a video to promote a cause than another assault on police I reckon.....That's the right way to go about it.

That's not scare-mongering....It's a plea for reform & justice.

Really, you don't see how this is telling half truths and scare mongering????????? Keep those eyes wide shut Chief:thumbsu:
Do you believe that all of these were as portrayed in the video?
I didn't watch it. It's 11 at night. Conducting a discussion through an exchange of social media content isn't edifying.

I understand the level of anger, but I don't think Cullors' position is all that helpful. Common ground needs to be reached here and trust needs to be rebuilt.

I think his position is reasonable considering there are still multiple incidents every week. Slow down on the brutality and then maybe it's time to BBQ together.

(Of course it's a good thing that those things are happening, but you can't blame people who aren't ready to break bread).

I think his position is reasonable considering there are still multiple incidents every week. Slow down on the brutality and then maybe it's time to BBQ together.

(Of course it's a good thing that those things are happening, but you can't blame people who aren't ready to break bread).

True. As I said, the anger is understandable. Protesting can highlight the issues, but I think a certain level of diplomacy is required as well. There is an undeniable disconnect between police forces and the civilian population they swore an oath to serve and protect, and even good cops might tend to close ranks and rally around their less well-intentioned 'blue brethren' in the face of public anger, however genuine and warranted it might be.

Intra-community events like the Wichita BBQ might help to heal that rift.

Do yourself a favour and find under 3 minutes in the morning to better understand my context.
That's not an argument.

What are they saying exactly and why do you think they are being dishonest?

Disagree.

Police need to be disbanded and their jobs given to members of the communities that have suffered.

That's not an argument.

What are they saying exactly and why do you think they are being dishonest?
Of course it's an argument but you are too far to the left to concede anything that may in any shape or form put a dent in your opinion. (do you actually have an opinion on anything or just continually attack those opinions which you don't agree with??)
It's funny that how you don't think a you-tube clip is 'edifying' yet most on here go off half arsed by partial videos and photo's of Police supposedly doing bad things but that is totally acceptable:huh:

Last edited:
Of course it's an argument but you are too far to the left to concede anything that may in any shape or form put a dent in your opinion. (do you actually have an opinion on anything or just continually attack those opinions which you don't agree with??)
It's funny that how you don't think a you-tube clip is 'edifying' yet most on here go off half arsed by partial videos and photo's of Police supposedly doing bad things but that is totally acceptable:huh:
So, because I want to hear what you disagree with, you decide to have a little rant about me being "left" and OTHER people's opinion on other videos?

Focus: what is contentious for YOU in THIS video? What do you disagree with?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back