mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
It’s an entire universe and unlimited time of possibilities.
In no way is it “stretched”.
When half the episodes in the mandalorian are filler episodes, then yes it’s stretched. I’d rather one rich show three shows full of filler.

That’s what I want. You’re not going to convince me I want something else.

If you believe those filler episodes “enrich the universe” more power to you and SM

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
When half the episodes in the mandalorian are filler episodes, then yes it’s stretched. I’d rather one rich show three shows full of filler.

If you believe those filler episodes “enrich the universe” more power to you and SM

Nothing wrong with filler episodes, mostly fun closed adventures. Hell that’s what tv was 20 years ago so have no issues.

I do find it fascinating that people spend their time watching and commenting on things they don’t want or like though. Amusing really.

Personally don’t waste my time commenting on shows I don’t like. Such as on reality tv show threads as I don’t like them.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Nothing wrong with filler episodes, mostly fun closed adventures. Hell that’s what tv was 20 years ago so have no issues.

I do find it fascinating that people spend their time watching and commenting on things they don’t want or like though. Amusing really.

Personally don’t waste my time commenting on shows I don’t like. Such as on reality tv show threads as I don’t like them.
The funny thing is I actually like most of show ideas here and don’t mind the mandalorian as whole. I always see room for improvement and like to offer my thoughts here.

The only Star Wars movie that was completely unenjoyable for mine was the last Jedi and I seem to be one of the few that actually skipped out on The Rise of Skywalker because it.

It’s seems to me a few individuals here can’t handle any criticism on what they like.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
The funny thing is I actually like most of show ideas here and don’t mind the mandalorian as whole. I always see room for improvement and like to offer my thoughts here.

The only Star Wars movie that was completely unenjoyable for mine was the last Jedi and I seem to be one of the few that actually skipped out on The Rise of Skywalker because it.

It’s seems to me a few individuals here can’t handle any criticism on what they like.

Or some seem to whinge for the sake of whinging.

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Do you like the prequels?

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Here is a clearer image of all titles

FB_IMG_1607665732032.jpg

Half the episodes are filler ffs.

First of all that's patently not true, and second if there WAS episodes not directly adding to the story don't you think they're maybe adding to the world building?

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Half the episodes are filler ffs.

First of all that's patently not true, and second if there WAS episodes not directly adding to the story don't you think they're maybe adding to the world building?
If you like episodes with no story that add to the world building then good for you. That’s not what I want.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m less interested in the shared universe of shows as well. I’d just prefer it condescended into one show. Although given the success of the Mandalorian it makes sense why they’d stretch it out.
Building towards a team-up show just seems forced and more in Marvel's wheelhouse than Star Wars'. The EU was great because the stories built on what came before, if a character proved popular they could be worked in to new stories (though counterpoint to that is the EU was largely centred around the original characters, built from that in one timeline and was timeless, whereas the film and TV universe have more limited life spans). It also locks you into shows if you want to keep up; obviously I hope they are all good, but I still remember having to slog my way through the dire Iron Fist so The Defenders would make the most sense. I just want to see great stories in different places at different times...the mythology will be what holds them together.

Anyway, more Star Wars is good in general, so not complaining. Just that the team-up is the least anticipated aspect for mine.

If you like episodes with no story that add to the world building then good for you. That’s not what I want.
You don't seem to know what you want and it shows. Your arguments and complaints lack even a hint of coherency and if Star Wars told you the sky was blue you'd argue it wasn't just to criticise something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Building towards a team-up show just seems forced and more in Marvel's wheelhouse than Star Wars'. The EU was great because the stories built on what came before, if a character proved popular they could be worked in to new stories (though counterpoint to that is the EU was largely centred around the original characters, built from that in one timeline and was timeless, whereas the film and TV universe have more limited life spans). It also locks you into shows if you want to keep up; obviously I hope they are all good, but I still remember having to slog my way through the dire Iron Fist so The Defenders would make the most sense. I just want to see great stories in different places at different times...the mythology will be what holds them together.

Anyway, more Star Wars is good in general, so not complaining. Just that the team-up is the least anticipated aspect for mine.
I don't think it's a "team up" any more than the S1 finals was a team up of characters we met throughout the season.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
You don't seem to know what you want and it shows. Your arguments and complaints lack even a hint of coherency and if Star Wars told you the sky was blue you'd argue it wasn't just to criticise something.
You don’t know what I want and it shows.

And that last line is rich considering we’re still having this argument because you can’t get over the fact I have different tastes then you.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think it's a "team up" any more than the S1 finals was a team up of characters we met throughout the season.
Isn't the suggestion that the events of the three might intersect in a crossover? That was my reading from one article, but if it's just separate shows where the characters of one might appear in another at times, that's less of an issue.

Here is a clearer image of all titles

View attachment 1026577
I feel they should have separated the announcements into new films/shows and additional news on announced shows and animated completely separate. I was halfway through one article before it mentioned Lando, probably the biggest announcement in terms of new shows.

Isn't the suggestion that the events of the three might intersect in a crossover? That was my reading from one article, but if it's just separate shows where the characters of one might appear in another at times, that's less of an issue.

I feel they should have separated the announcements into new films/shows and additional news on announced shows and animated completely separate. I was halfway through one article before it mentioned Lando, probably the biggest announcement in terms of new shows.
You're correct in your first question which is what I was suggesting but I'm a bit unclear how that's an issue.

E.g Ahsoka series deals with Thrawn, rangers deal with other imperial threats, Mando deals with Giddeon, and in the Mando finale Ahsoka and Rangers help Mando face down Giddeon who is working for Thrawn.

No different to Ahsoka appearing in Rebels or Maul.

You don’t know what I want and it shows.

And that last line is rich considering we’re still having this argument because you can’t get over the fact I have different tastes then you.
We're having this argument because everyone is sick of you whinging about a property you have no interest in. It's getting rather pathetic.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
We're having this argument because everyone is sick of you whinging about a property you have no interest in. It's getting rather pathetic.
If I had no interest in it I wouldn’t be yet you keep making this claim. We’re having this argument because you can’t handle a simple difference of opinion. I’ve explained my opinion clearly your tantrum isn’t going to change mine. Get over it.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Hayden is a good actor, he was badly directed and written. Which ended up killing his career.

Only talent such as Ian and Ewan were able to get past the diabolical script and directing that was the prequels.

In addition to them I’d also say Liam Neeson and Christopher Lee came out with their reputations still in tact. It was however quite bizarre watching otherwise very accomplished actors almost embarrass themselves at times (with the material they had to work with).

Genuinely feel sorry for Hayden and of course Jake Lloyd, horrendous what they endured in the aftermath.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
You're correct in your first question which is what I was suggesting but I'm a bit unclear how that's an issue.

E.g Ahsoka series deals with Thrawn, rangers deal with other imperial threats, Mando deals with Giddeon, and in the Mando finale Ahsoka and Rangers help Mando face down Giddeon who is working for Thrawn.

No different to Ahsoka appearing in Rebels or Maul.
If that's how it pans out, the only issue is you would have to be following all three shows for the finale to make sense. But my interpretation of a crossover event is something like The Defenders, a separate show bringing the three together. That too can work, but the narrative juggling becomes problematic.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Methinks visions tormenting Obi-Wan.

"Why couldn't you save me" "This is your fault" "Look what you've done" etc.

Of course we remember Vader saying to Luke after Luke said there is still good in him that “Obi-wan once thought as you did”.

Problem is Kenobi pretty much went hard at Vader the moment he saw him straight after reaching Mustafa, could see another meeting early in Kenobi’s exile.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
I'm a bit overwhelmed. All the new Star Wars should be good, but there's a lot of material and I'm a tad concerned about it being too much. One thing is certain, the Disney+ subscription has paid for itself.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hayden is a good actor, he was badly directed and written. Which ended up killing his career.

Only talent such as Ian and Ewan were able to get past the diabolical script and directing that was the prequels.

If that's how it pans out, the only issue is you would have to be following all three shows for the finale to make sense. But my interpretation of a crossover event is something like The Defenders, a separate show bringing the three together. That too can work, but the narrative juggling becomes problematic.
It's not going to be a separate show. They'll cross over in their shows. It'll make sense without watching all but you'll get more having watched all.

Back