Tenace or Moloney

Remove this Banner Ad

dirty_cat44

Rookie
Apr 28, 2005
Other Teams
Geelong
Should Geelong have given Tenace instead of Moloney. Surely Moloney is a better player than Tenace, his long kicks inside 50 just give forwards the best possible chance to out mark their oponents instead we hang onto Tenace who is running around in the VFL with brand new boots because they havn't touched any leather, your thoughts???

Yeah it was probably a bad decision. When we played you guys he couldnt kick for nuts..he looks to have lost a lot of speed aswell. Every club has regrets just like I wish we got Andrew Walker instead of Col Sylvia.

One shouldn't just think about a comparison today but into the future.In fact forget comparison Moloney is gone, get over it.Its a done deal.
Tenace is suffering a bit of second year Blues, his body has been worked hard the last couple of years its a common complaint that players struggle to cope second year but have no doubt Tenace will be a 10 year player for us , a player of quality,a player who will cut the lines with pace. Tenace is the logical successor to Riccardi and while Ricco is doing a fine job is there is a less urgent requirement for him to perform.

Tenace is having a tough period, but he will be a star for us. He has a strong work ethic, a good attitude, and a desire to succeed - all good things for the Geelong Football Club. If he wasn't a good player, he wouldn't have been considered seriously by Melbourne as a trade option. Give him a go. He's only in his second year.

Second year blues most likely for Tenace, he has shown what he is capable of but at the moment isnt putting it together on a regular basis. Look at the end of 2003, Bartel was all set to be traded for Rawlings, Bartel ahd struggled in his 2nd year. Now look at it, no one would dare want to trade Bartel now, he is one of our best midfielders and Rawlings is running around for Werribee! I would wait until mid 2007 before we start having any REAL analysis on Tenace, he wil be a star!

Tenace will be decent for Geelong, but Melbourne have a plethora of good finshers with pace.

Moloney is of more value to Melbourne than he was to Geelong.

Tenace is of more value to Geelong than he would be to Melbourne.

Good Luck Cats.

second year Blues

Tenace is only 19 years old whilst Moloney is 22

That is all that needs to be said. Remember Tenace is still a kid as far as football goes. He is allowed to get down on form a bit and at the moment he is down on confidence. He is a dead set gun and will be fine. Most people were surprised we picked him up in the draft, said he shouldnt have gone earlier.

BIG OTTENS MATE....I WOULD GIVE UP TENACE AND MOLONEY FOR HIM!

With his ruckwork, marking, contesting (the amount of times he gets his hands on a ball he is out of position for is amazing) and crucial goals this year have been outstanding. If we lost Ottens right now, we would be dead set ********ed!

It was the right choice.

Moloney is a good player, but in all fairness to him, he was probably our 6th midfielder and wouldn't have got enough game time.

Tenace is only in his 2nd year!!!! He will end up being a very good footballer. You have got to give him time.

scottydeewah said:
That is all that needs to be said. Remember Tenace is still a kid as far as football goes. He is allowed to get down on form a bit and at the moment he is down on confidence. He is a dead set gun and will be fine. Most people were surprised we picked him up in the draft, said he shouldnt have gone earlier.

BIG OTTENS MATE....I WOULD GIVE UP TENACE AND MOLONEY FOR HIM!

With his ruckwork, marking, contesting (the amount of times he gets his hands on a ball he is out of position for is amazing) and crucial goals this year have been outstanding. If we lost Ottens right now, we would be dead set ********ed!

That's why it annoys me when everyone says Ottens is useless etc. He's a very talented ruckman and it's not only the goals that he does kick, it's the ones he sets up due to his presence and pressure.

i love Moloney wish you could have taken our pick. i think he's a gun

but i am happy with Monfries so either way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back