glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Haha I had to do lots of reading on it afterwards. Then I went again and I still found it hard to follow. It makes sense in my head but there’s still some parts I don’t get.

They are able to go in reverse but they technically can’t affect anything because it’s already happened so I don’t actually know how they can’t actually alter anything?

There was lots of inverting and reverting back by Neil during that final battle, it was difficult for me to follow live. But in reading about it further afterwards, he was doing this purposely in order for him to influence what was happening after the cave entrance was bombed in, with the Protagonist stuck inside.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Ok here's my review:

"Oh yah, look at me, I'm Tenet! Complicated, yes? Very clever, very very clever! Look what just happened, but wait, did it happen, of course it did, but when did it happen? Was that past or future, then or now, left or right, up or down... oh wait, what's happening now, they're shooting at each other! Wowee! Big guns, lots of action, but was that real, or was it fake, did that person say something? I'm sure he talked, was it important, it must be, why else would he say things, but what did he say? Why did he talk words with a mouth full of gummy bears? Who put the gummy bears in his mouth? Why, and when? What flavour were they? So many questions! Nevermind answers- It makes sense, it has to make sense, Interstellar made sense, Batman made sense, this must make sense too! Can't wait to see it again so I know what happened!

Spoiler alert: He goes back and does that and before this happens which changes when that happens and wowee, I'm a ******* genius innit.

2/10 go * yourself Nolan.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I love watching movies that I don't understand first time around. As others have said, not as good as inception, but still better than 90% of movies I've seen.

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Beautifully filmed, lush visuals and sounds but overall, really underwhelming. This was a stylish pile of s**t. 3/10

As much as i enjoyed this... was it meant to be in the tenet thread?
???

Video about Tenet in the Tenet thread makes sense to me.
You must be inverted :D;)

1613355116957.png

I just thought Crowy really loves hopper.

Oh I get it - there wasn't anything great about it, so when we click on the video, it takes us elsewhere.

Very Tenet.
NGL, thought i had a pretty good grasp the 1st time i watched it.
Then i watched that vid and i'm ****ed :D

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
NGL, thought i had a pretty good grasp the 1st time i watched it.
Then i watched that vid and i'm f’ed :D

I think like most Nolan films i walked out going "It wasnt THAT confusing" and it didnt detract from the enjoyment but then you think on it a little more and a little more and you wind up deep in a rabbit hole.

I think like most Nolan films i walked out going "It wasnt THAT confusing" and it didnt detract from the enjoyment but then you think on it a little more and a little more and you wind up deep in a rabbit hole.
Interstellar legit offended me.

I'm in the minority there i know, need to give it another chance one day.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interstellar legit offended me.

I'm in the minority there i know, need to give it another chance one day.

Actually truthfully i never really pieced the whole final act of interstellar together. He was the ghost cause he went to a 4th dimension where time didnt apply but... I got nothing beyond that.

Inception, Memento, Prestige etc. All seemed to make sense until you pick a thread then really dive into it. I think thats his schtick though.

Actually truthfully i never really pieced the whole final act of interstellar together. He was the ghost cause he went to a 4th dimension where time didnt apply but... I got nothing beyond that.

Inception, Memento, Prestige etc. All seemed to make sense until you pick a thread then really dive into it. I think thats his schtick though.
And another 2 i'm yet to watch :eek:

I'll never hear a bad word said about Inception though

I have a question that's bugging me after watching it last night. It seemed to me that it was made clear that when a person is "inverted" then they have to wear an oxygen mask because they are not able to breath right?

Well then....

How come when Kat is inverted and travels backwards in time to her time with Sator on the boat that she is not wearing an oxygen mask?

Back