Teams Tennessee Titans - The Music City Oilers ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus Mariota's recovery timetable will be 4-5 months following surgery to repair his fractured fibula/ankle.

He's having surgery Wednesday in Charlotte with Dr. Robert Anderson. The procedure will involve a plate being inserted into Mariota's leg. Mariota will almost certainly miss the Titans' entire offseason program, but he should be ready to go for training camp. The Titans need to get him another weapon this offseason, but Mariota will enter 2017 as a top-12 fantasy quarterback.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

What does #TitanNation think about this?

---------------

Marcus Mariota plans to play at 215 pounds this season.

Mariota came out of Oregon at 222 and is listed at that weight on the Titans' website. The team told him to bulk up to the 225-230 range this year, but Mariota instead opted to side with his personal trainer and instead cut weight. The thinking is that Mariota will be faster and more elusive to avoid hits, but 215 is borderline-fragile for an NFL quarterback and could make Mariota even more prone to injury if he does get squared up for a big hit by a defender. It will be interesting to see if the Titans force him to put on weight during camp.

Source: Oregon Live
Jul 24 - 9:45 PM

Susie Adams Smith has put her 33 percent of the Titans up for sale.

It threatens to exacerbate the Titans' ownership issues. The team has been owned in three equal 33 percent shares since former owner Bud Adams' death in 2013. The league has insisted on a controlling owner, something Adams' heirs have been unable to figure out. Adams' daughter Amy Adams Strunk is the current figurehead. Susie's sale could have 33 percent of the team owned by an outsider.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Aug 8 - 6:15 PM

Ok so with the Jets being hot garbage this year the Titans are a team I will be watching very closely. I've got a bet on with my cousin for most wins Raiders v Titans trying to win back the bottle of scotch I lost last year when the Jets stunk it up. Hopefully my sports team curse doesn't extend to Tennessee.

Never really liked the Titans but they've started to grow on me since drafting Mariota. Any other Titans fans on here? Seems pretty quiet in this thread with the exception of Woodson and GG's updates

Yeah, there are a few of us here.

I'd love to get up and watch it, but for the wretched curse of work.
I'm like you. Raiders are playing your team, and i really wanna wake up 3am and watch it, as well as other games. But got work, 7am start. Just hate feeling like s**t all day. Gonna pass and instead Gamepass in the night ;)

Either the Raiders are gonna be an AFC Championship contender or my sports curse has extended to Tennessee

anNWd85JiQUXi0XUH3O9PXiCFVy7_I6GR-i4ynfS6cjC06ymPvRvCNrf_9Sat1ZoTpEL-QdRjcdhUTNAWqQFL4yYUPH1eBF31mM1p9KTZMMuDLZ0_-_DDk9Rp7VX=w443-h332-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a really solid win against a good team. The offence had some explosive plays and will only improve if we can get Corey Davis back and playing like he did in week 1. The Defense was solid. It would have been nice if we could of actually got some sack numbers, but against a different QB that would have been 3-4 sack game easily.

Rishard Matthews said "I'd rather have Marcus [Mariota] calling the shots" and wants the coaches to allow the offense to use more no-huddle moving forward.

"There’s proof in the success when that happens," Matthews said. "I’d like to do no-huddle more. I know we’d all like to do it more. We definitely talk about it a lot. Sometimes we go into it a lot. Sometimes we don’t. [Week 15] we stayed in it, and I feel like we were pretty good when were in it." The Titans started slow against the Niners on Sunday but went to the no-huddle in the second quarter and strung together three straight scoring drives. Mariota had one of his best games of the year. The old-man, old-school coaching staff in Tennessee is really holding this offense back. The organization needs to get a staff in to allow Mariota to play to his strengths. Coach Mike Mularkey and OC Terry Robiskie could be in trouble after Week 17 if the Titans don't make the playoffs.

Source: ESPN.com

This season has been disappointing, the last 2 weeks in particular. Losses to the Cards and Niners especially when in winning positions are inexcusable. They should be 10-4 and fighting for the division, not 8-6 and scrambling for a wildcard spot. I do like Mariota, the team seems to have more potential than is being realised.

I guess that means Dick Le Beau is gone ?

------

Titans hired Mike Vrabel as head coach.

A Pro Bowl linebacker as recently as 2007, Vrabel climbed the coaching ranks quickly, pitstopping for three years at Ohio State before spending 2014-2016 as the Texans' linebackers coach, then succeeding Romeo Crennel as Texans defensive coordinator in 2017. Albeit in large part due to unfortunate injuries, Vrabel's 2017 Texans defense was a bottom-ten unit, particularly struggling against the pass. Arguably more important than Vrabel's hire will be whomever he chooses to run Tennessee's offense. The development of 24-year-old Marcus Mariota will have the biggest impact on the direction of the Titans' organization.

I thought there was talk of Mularkey getting a contracted extension off the back of their Wildcard win in KC. Glad that's not the case, the Titans needed to move on. There's potential there but they need to allow Mariota to make the team his and give him some more offensive weapons

Jeff Fisher never responded to Vince Young’s misspelled letter
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 25, 2018, 12:04 PM EDT
627692228-e1514039927515.jpg

Getty Images

Vince Young said last year that he wrote former coach Jeff Fisher a letter apologizing for his role in their strained relationship.

But Fisher never bothered responding to it, because he wasn’t sure Young himself wrote it.

The former Titans coach told PaulKuharsky.com that he suspected the letter came from someone at the University of Texas, where Young was working.

Yes, I got a letter from Vince,” Fisher said. “And I didn’t respond. My name was spelled wrong on the letter, the letter came from the University of Texas, and I had no way of knowing if it was (really) from him. It came from the athletic department. But my name was spelled incorrectly.

“I still have it. But I didn’t know if it was from him so I felt no need to respond. . . . I thought if it was from him he would have maybe spelled my name right.”

Young detailed his version of their relationship in a Sports Illustrated story last summer, and outlined a number of gripes with his former coach, including that he’d cancel meetings without telling Young, that he told people Young was suicidal, or that he’d leak private conversations to the media.

“I’ve been asked many, many times to comment in response to three of his comments, and I had nothing to gain my commenting because all three of his comments were false, they were not true,” Fisher said. “I know the truth, so I stayed away from all that.”

Of course, even if he did, it might not matter much, since there’s no indication that relationship can or will ever be repaired.

Interesting story about Luke Falk.

He's obsessed with Tom Brady. Read his book cover to cover many times. Mimicked Brady's mechanics and throwing style. Wants to start doing his diet soon as he can afford it. Etc. He even got drafted 199, like Tom Brady did. Vrabel drafted him for the Titans. He probably wants to marry a European supermodel too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back