Sport Tennis Thread...a game of broken racquets and short skirts

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like him as a player actually, has a fair bit of potential.

Yeah his forehand is ridiculous, and his netplay has also shown up Federer a couple of times.

Bizarre that the commentators on my stream are suggesting that he'd be taking offence at people calling him Ducky.....

I find it amusing that Hewwitt is still our number one ranked Aussie at his age you have to respect that what a fighter.
I hope Stouser can hold it together and find form she trains harder than she plays I know this personally and we have a kid with a long wog name I cant recall that might surprise a few.

Kyrious is the kid I meant.

He just had a fantastic win.

The kid coming up next is pretty good as well Kokkinakis probably has just as much potential as Kyrgios only he isn't as developed yet.
Ok so theres two of them? Maybe its him I was told to watch as his name is longer.

Well both of them have Greek origens... so I guess it's not out of the question.

That being said Kyrgios was always going to be more likely to win his round one match.

Here comes a classic 5 setter from Hewwitt, what a fighter was two sets down and just won the third you cant keep the champ down.

Shattered he lost it. The one match point he got and Seppi just swung away and landed it. He looked so disappointed.
Yeah tough ask Seppi in round 1 but I never doubted for a moment he would go down swinging much respect.
And Bonz, this Karikockas kid is going alright, just wish the commentators would stop with the "look were his Greek mate is sitting" crap lol.. When does the Tomic/Nadal match start its already past my bedtime? doubt it will be a long one anyway and as much as I don't like the kid I kind of hope he puts up a fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomic is a bloody pea-heart...

What a waste of money it was to go last night.

Yeah youre not alone with those thoughts, even if the injury was sincere his previous behaviour and preperation has left him wide open to criticism. Im watching Stoser now and I was impressed with the Greek kids and Casey Delaqua they are all keeping me interested in this tournament.

Bit of luck for Stosur for a change at her home slam with Pironkova hurt during the match (yet still playing on, and still getting a warmer reception from the crowd than Tomic did last night, ha!), still Sam looks to be in good form and will take a bit of beating.

Tomic's injury was genuine, but it's a case of the boy who cried wolf isn't it, and while I think the criticism of him has been a bit over the top, he kind of had it coming with his attitude. I'm still backing him and think he will turn it around. He obviously has the self belief required to get to the top, he is copping it now because his bravado hasn't been backed up by the hard work. I believe he has the ticker to make it, he just hasn't found it yet.

Federer too much class, Tsonga is rattled

Yep, I found the commentator's point at the first change of ends interesting this set, that Tsonga's mind seems to be in the wrong place.

Yep, I found the commentator's point at the first change of ends interesting this set, that Tsonga's mind seems to be in the wrong place.
Ive got the sound off and music on, its very obvious. I think Fed's relaxed composure can be very intimidating.

Ive got the sound off and music on, its very obvious. I think Fed's relaxed composure can be very intimidating.

Yeah, pity as I thought Tsonga a genuine chance of beating him.

Tomic lost to Nieminen in just 28 minutes.

Bernard Tomic has suffered the fastest loss in ATP history overnight after his 6-0 6-1 loss to Jarkko Nieminen at the Miami Masters.
Tomic's near-capitulation against the Finn lasted just 28 minutes and 20 seconds.
It broke the previous record set during Greg Rusedski's 29-minute 6-0 6-0 win over Germany's Carsten Arriens at the Sydney International in 1996.

http://www.sportal.com.au/tennis/ne...cord-atp-thrashing/1elb245jl3ltb1xesdd2mnfnk4