Tennis US Open 2020 - Men and Womens

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect Theim to handle him comfortbaly - this is the first decent player Demon has come up against. Thiem 3-0 looks attractive

A solid run by the Demon but lets face it - the first decent player he played has toweled him and he would have been a complete fraud as a GS semi finalist.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Thiem is a big hitter, and ADM seems to not be afraid of the big hitters (having taken sets off Nadal, Zeverev and Shapovalov this year). I think at least a set is up for grabs for him.

1u ADM to win a set @1.8 (Ladbrokes)

Sent using Tapatalk
-1u. Stayed away from +games and totals. Thought this might be the best chance. Come back next year Alex.

Sent using Tapatalk

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
A solid run by the Demon but lets face it - the first decent player he played has toweled him and he would have been a complete fraud as a GS semi finalist.
I'd call Khachanov decent, and he put up a good fight. But agree that playing top-10 players is a different ball game.

Hopefully he will be an exciting talent in 2 more years.

Sent using Tapatalk

I'd call Khachanov decent, and he put up a good fight. But agree that playing top-10 players is a different ball game.

Hopefully he will be an exciting talent in 2 more years.

Sent using Tapatalk

Na there is a YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE gap between the top handful and the rest in the mens game. Even Kharchanov has only got to a GS quarter once in his life - and that was on clay. Off clay he has never even got to the second week of a slam! That's why a semi final is such a bad bet as you are eventually going to play one of the good guys to get to the last 4.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Na there is a YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE gap between the top handful and the rest in the mens game.
Yeah this. He's probably going to continue to struggle against the very best players in the top 5-10 if I'm being honest. I do like him and respect his approach to the game in terms of ADM getting the most out of himself, which I can't say for other Aussie tennis players like Tomic and Kyrgios.

Yeah this. He's probably going to continue to struggle against the very best players in the top 5-10 if I'm being honest. I do like him and respect his approach to the game in terms of ADM getting the most out of himself, which I can't say for other Aussie tennis players like Tomic and Kyrgios.

Yup solid player who gets the most out of himself and can grind it out on tour but he just does not have the game to get to a grand slam semi. He won't ever get a better draw than he did here.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yup solid player who gets the most out of himself and can grind it out on tour but he just does not have the game to get to a grand slam semi. He won't ever get a better draw than he did here.
Yeah can't deny he had some luck go his way with how the draw panned out, it does happen from time to time. Did you end up betting on Thiem in straight sets? Done well if you did. I thought about it originally but thought it would stuff me, in case ADM was able to take a set off him which I thought was possible because he did it against Thiem on clay a couple years ago.

BloodRet

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
I'm almost leaning towards Thiem with the way he's finding his lines with such power, and having just easily disposed of two very different seeded young guns while barely breaking a sweat, I like him to win this although Medvedev is a clear danger. Was hoping the bookies would be giving him around 2.40 but they've got it just about right at the 2 mark. I'll consider taking that on tomorrow. In the mean time I'll be chewing up that 1.40 for over 3.5 sets, osaka into some AFL. I highly doubt either is going to win in straight.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Damn... I was waiting for Serena v Azarenka markets to come up this morning but gave up. Now it looks like they opened with Azarenka over $2. $1.70s now.

Would have definitely taken her as a dog.

Sent using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm almost leaning towards Thiem with the way he's finding his lines with such power, and having just easily disposed of two very different seeded young guns while barely breaking a sweat, I like him to win this although Medvedev is a clear danger. Was hoping the bookies would be giving him around 2.40 but they've got it just about right at the 2 mark. I'll consider taking that on tomorrow. In the mean time I'll be chewing up that 1.40 for over 3.5 sets, osaka into some AFL. I highly doubt either is going to win in straight.
Yeah I honestly reckon the winner of Thiem v Medvedev will win the whole thing, I've gone with Medvedev but I think either of them will beat Zverev or Carreno-Busta.

Yeah I honestly reckon the winner of Thiem v Medvedev will win the whole thing, I've gone with Medvedev but I think either of them will beat Zverev or Carreno-Busta.

That other match has upset written all over it too. Zverev should win but it's typical him losing to some plod, plus he's been playing awful.

Mededev in 4 in the other one. Just feel his defence will be the difference.

Get on Thiem now for the French though.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
That other match has upset written all over it too. Zverev should win but it's typical him losing to some plod, plus he's been playing awful.

Mededev in 4 in the other one. Just feel his defence will be the difference.

Get on Thiem now for the French though.
Yeah exactly, I don't trust Zverev at all, I've avoided betting on any of his matches. Honestly didn't think he'd make it this far.

Yeah exactly, I don't trust Zverev at all, I've avoided betting on any of his matches. Honestly didn't think he'd make it this far.

yeah tournament winner coming from the Thiem-Med semi for sure I'd wager

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Well the game on now is a women's match. So men's markets are still open

Anyway I checked on SB at least and they have a 'double chance' market but Thiem/Medvedev is $1.18 so :thumbsdown:

Sent using Tapatalk

Well the game on now is a women's match. So men's markets are still open

Anyway I checked on SB at least and they have a 'double chance' market but Thiem/Medvedev is $1.18 so :thumbsdown:

Sent using Tapatalk

The value was before the tournament. Really you either should have taken Novak (and bookies have refunded that (some of them), or backed Mededev or Thiem. The rest of them were no hope anyway. You could have had 3 bets (stake according) and still profit.

The value was before the tournament. Really you either should have taken Novak (and bookies have refunded that (some of them), or backed Mededev or Thiem. The rest of them were no hope anyway. You could have had 3 bets (stake according) and still profit.

Backing 3 players when one of them was Djoker at $1.80 is a completely stupid betting strategy

Backing 3 players when one of them was Djoker at $1.80 is a completely stupid betting strategy

Djokovic you save your stake, go for the other two. I'd personally just back the other two, I never back ones that short in tennis.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Damn... I was waiting for Serena v Azarenka markets to come up this morning but gave up. Now it looks like they opened with Azarenka over $2. $1.70s now.

Would have definitely taken her as a dog.

Sent using Tapatalk
Double damn.

Sent using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back