Multiplat Tennis World Tour

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
A spiritual successor to Top Spin, featuring a "number of" licensed players.

The trailer doesn’t show any player faces, but developer Breakpoint Studio said when it announced Tennis World Tour earlier this year that it will feature a number of licensed tennis pros. It’s possible that the athletes featured in the trailer are France’s Gaël Monfils and Switzerland’s Roger Federer, both of whom are confirmed to appear in the game.

Tennis World Tour is being developed as a spiritual successor to 2K Games’ Top Spin franchise by people who worked on that series at 2K Czech. It is coming to consoles, including PS4, in 2018. For more on Tennis World Tour, check out our interview with producer Pierre André from E3 2017.

I am unreasonably excited for this.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Bit more information.

"We're approaching World Tour like we would have with Top Spin 5," André told me by phone during E3 2017, "in that the game will be very close to what we had in mind for Top Spin, with the shot control and the movement of the player models. The meta-gameplay and tactical, strategic layer is where we will be innovating the most."

"What we would have done on Top Spin 5," said André "is in the character building, the playing style and the player's strategies." That will all be realized in Tennis World Tour, he promised, wrapped in a career layer that indulges the player in the feeling of being a top professional in world tennis, with off-the-court interactions coming into play, too.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/1...ion-4-xbox-one-tennis-world-tour-pierre-andre

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Top Spin 4 was great, but the most realistic representation of the sport ever is still the independent title Tennis Elbow 2013 and the great mods made by the community. If it can get anywhere near that in terms of gameplay, and have the graphics of modern games then it will be awesome.

Last edited:

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Always been more a Virtua Tennis fan. Probably pass

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Top Spin 4 was great, but the most realistic representation of the sport ever is still the independent title Tennis Elbow 2013 and the great mods made by the community. If it can get anywhere near that in terms of gameplay, and have the graphics of modern games then it will be awesome.

Yeah, it's pretty great. Much steeper learning curve than Top Spin or Virtua Tennis but so rewarding when you get the mechanics down.

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves

Numerous bits of gameplay floating around for those interested.

Looked terrible for me to start, but when they focused on the constant and fluid player movement it really grew on me. Some of the shots are a little off, I'm ready for BA to give us anything on their effort for comparison.

Last edited:

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Federer, Wawrinka and Kerber in the key art for the game.

IMG_3194.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back