horj89

All Australian
Feb 16, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just wondering if anyone knows abit about TENS machines or products that are similair. I've used them in the past on different injuries and found they are quite good in the recovery process.

Where would be the best place to find one and how much would a basic one cost?

Cheers

Just wondering if anyone knows abit about TENS machines or products that are similair. I've used them in the past on different injuries and found they are quite good in the recovery process.

Where would be the best place to find one and how much would a basic one cost?

Cheers

I got one off eBay and works quite well , from memory $120 or something like that , you can get them down to about $30-$40 i think but don't know what they are like , mine has been used 20-30 times and the 4 pads supplied are shagged !!

a lot of the literature says they dont do a great deal in terms of injury rehab. they can help with pain management but that wears off after not long. using them incorrectly can also make things worse. id check with a physio or doc to see if they would be helpful with whatever it is that you need fixing before you buy 1.

a lot of the literature says they dont do a great deal in terms of injury rehab. they can help with pain management but that wears off after not long. using them incorrectly can also make things worse. id check with a physio or doc to see if they would be helpful with whatever it is that you need fixing before you buy 1.

Placebo effect plays a big part in TENS. You've just ruined that for him. Just kidding. They don't have any healing effect, but it's suggested that they block pain fibres ascending to the brain, by providing a sensory input-tingling sensation. Some people like them and some don't..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back