Current Terence Darrell Kelly - Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA #2

Remove this Banner Ad

jason_recliner

Senior List
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree.
There seems to be quite a lot of whirring in neutral which is forcing the media to jump to conclusions too. Do they actually have enough evidence on this bloke to successfully prosecute him?

If you didn’t know better you might think they’re struggling to put a case together.
The found an abducted 4yo locked in his house and he can't afford a good lawyer. I don't think it will be a difficult conviction.

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Just a reminder that the day Cleo was found, I got laughed at and criticised in here for posting the following brief post.
'Did they find the sleeping bag too?'

I'd only just got over the PTSD from this event :tearsofjoy: and now have to relive it all over again :tearsofjoy:.

What's interesting is that in the West's p1,4-5 article today on the still missing sleeping bag, at no point do they either quote WAPOL, or refer to the Police as saying that the sleeping bag is still missing. They just state that it is missing. Even the article does not provide the name of anyone (journalists or other) under the article title to say who penned it. Maybe they just forgot to put a writer(s) name to the article?

So as far as I'm concerned, the still missing sleeping bag is pure speculation at this point, until WAPOL confirm that it is still missing (maybe they have done this today elsewhere)

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.59.35 pm.png

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So as far as I'm concerned, the still missing sleeping bag is pure speculation at this point, until WAPOL confirm that it is still missing (maybe they have done this today elsewhere)
We haven't seen it come out of the house and the cops haven't said they're no longer looking for it. Journalists have been posted with cams at that house 24/7 so I'm thinking they probably haven't found it yet.

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
We haven't seen it come out of the house and the cops haven't said they're no longer looking for it. Journalists have been posted with cams at that house 24/7 so I'm thinking they probably haven't found it yet.
Agreed. They most likely haven't found the sleeping bag yet (as of last night when that article was crafted) IMO.

But that's a different matter than just blindly believing a media article that quotes no-one, provides nothing on the source of the information and can't even be bothered to put a writer(s) name or the words "Editor/Editorial" to the article.

Maybe the info on the sleeping bag still missing, came to the West via someone very close to the case who is not Police, and who got there info on the sleeping bag still missing from the Police. Possibly one of the owners of the sleeping bag?

Last edited:

deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Agreed. They most likely haven't found the sleeping bag yet (as of last night when that article was crafted) IMO.

But that's a different matter than just blindly believing a media article that quotes no-one, provides nothing on the source of the information and can't even be bothered to put a writer(s) name or the words "Editor/Editorial" to the article.

Maybe the info on the sleeping bag still missing, came to the West via someone very close to the case who is not Police, and who got there info on the sleeping bag still missing from the Police. Possibly one of the owners of the sleeping bag?
Oh dear, this is a front page story too - missing sleeping bag is a 'vital clue'? Wow, that's some creative/desperate journalism right there, not surprising that the author of this nonsense name has not been published.

I mean how is the missing sleeping bag even relevant/of any importance at this stage on the investigation...? It would of been a huge discovery without Cleo found, but that ship sailed 10 days ago...

Perhaps the media think it's a special make/model that came with a hidden spy camera installed..? Or perhaps they think inside will be TK's journal, detailing 20 other kids he has abducted, kept for a month and are now buried in the backyard..?
Surprised the media haven't suggested a reward be offered for the missing sleeping bag, given it's somehow such a 'vital clue'..ha ha

Last edited:

Flash of power

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The strongest evidence against him is that Cleo was found in his house, the sleeping bag is really only interesting for the fact that it's missing. Why would he get rid of the sleeping bag?
Bigger question for me though is where / how has he parted company with the sleeping bag, does he have a hiding spot or disposal spot and if so what else might be there? It's clearly a pretty good one, I think that sleeping bag discarded anywhere between the blowholes and carnarvon would have been found by now unless he veered way off track. Sleeping bag is not small.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bigger question for me though is where / how has he parted company with the sleeping bag, does he have a hiding spot or disposal spot and if so what else might be there? It's clearly a pretty good one, I think that sleeping bag discarded anywhere between the blowholes and carnarvon would have been found by now unless he veered way off track. Sleeping bag is not small.
Agree, it's a bulky item and important they find out what happened to it. Does he have access to another car somewhere and it was left in that?

Flash of power

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh dear, this is a front page story too - missing sleeping bag is a 'vital clue'? Wow, that's some creative/desperate journalism right there, not surprising that the author of this nonsense name has not been published.

I mean how is the missing sleeping bag even relevant/of any importance at this stage on the investigation...? It would of been a huge discovery without Cleo found, but that ship sailed 10 days ago...

Perhaps the media think it's a special make/model that came with a hidden spy camera installed..? Or perhaps they think inside will be TK's journal, detailing 20 other kids he has abducted, kept for a month and are now buried in the backyard..?
Surprised the media haven't suggested a reward be offered for the missing sleeping bag, given it's somehow such a 'vital clue'..ha ha
I would have thought very very important - dna, blood stains, seeds, sand samples etc, where it is found is of importance too. Hyperthetical they find a hair or a finger nail that doesn't belong to any of the family or the accused where does that take things?

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

Its not so much about the sleeping bag, its more about where it is.

deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
I would have thought very very important - dna, blood stains, seeds, sand samples etc, where it is found is of importance too. Hyperthetical they find a hair or a finger nail that doesn't belong to any of the family or the accused where does that take things?
Sure, from a forensic perspective it would be a 'nice to have' item, and I agree it may provide further evidence that TK snatched Cleo from the campsite - but unless TK is claiming Cleo knocked on his door one night and he took her in for 18 days, it's a stretch to call it a 'vital clue'...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flash of power

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sure, from a forensic perspective it would be a 'nice to have' item, and I agree it may provide further evidence that TK snatched Cleo from the campsite - but unless TK is claiming Cleo knocked on his door one night and he took her in for 18 days, it's a stretch to call it a 'vital clue'...
Sorry disagree on this one, IMO the sleeping bag is crucial. Where it is, who has had it, what they find on it or in it.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He was very active online, I'm thinking the police will have to make sure he wasn't acting as part of a network. They'd want to know where that sleeping bag is.

There was something that struck me as a bit odd that one of the neighbours talked about, he was driving and walking up and down his street. It might have been paranoia but there's another scenario. Was he expecting someone and they hadn't shown up? So he was looking to see if they hadn't gone to the wrong house or hoping to wave them down?

He may have met someone online, these people like to share their fantasies with like minds if they think it's safe. There may have been some half baked plot to abduct a child and the other party was either not serious about it in the first place, didn't think he'd follow through, flat out panicked when he realised he did and he'd grabbed a girl out of a tent where most of the country was now looking for her? Changed his mind and wants nothing to do with it. Kelly doesn't know what to do now?

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Must admit I'm curious as to where the sleeping bag went. If the sleeping bag is ever located, it might be amongst other items, which have gone astray from other crimes. Remember Ivan Milat kept loads of bits and pieces and gave them away as gifts - creep.

Sorry disagree on this one, IMO the sleeping bag is crucial. Where it is, who has had it, what they find on it or in it.
Like the smoking gun.

deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Perhaps, but my point is the media are portraying this as a missing murder weapon - when I doubt the police are losing too much sleep over the SB not being recovered. It is odd that it's still missing, but it's not going to make or break the case...

Last edited:

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The strongest evidence against him is that Cleo was found in his house, the sleeping bag is really only interesting for the fact that it's missing. Why would he get rid of the sleeping bag?
Perhaps CS either wet the sleeping bag or vomited on it. Although she was wearing a nappy, TK may not have changed the nappy for ages.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
'he has spent the last week distraught after people threatened to run him over, burn him alive and shoot him.'
'the cap on damages for defamation cases in WA was a bit more than $400,000, but that did not include possible aggravated damages.'

I wonder if what happened at Ch 7 with them getting the wrong bloke.

Did they just do something really stupid like get confirmation from one of their Police sources, that the Kelly bloke they had arrested had dark skin, dark hair and looked Aboriginal. And then just decided to run with the first or only Kelly on facebook that appeared to live in NW W,A that had a first name of one of the variations of the spelling of Terrance? Thinking that there was at least a 50:50 chance they had the correct bloke, and that being first to picture the accused was worth the potential cost of a defamation lawsuit and any reputational damage down the track for if they had the wrong bloke.

They probably calculated the potential reputational damage, or impact on their share price as immaterial.

I envisage that the person(s) who were involved in the publishing error, also probably thought that they would not lose their job or suffer any professional consequences as a result of the error. They might have been more worried about the repercussions from their employer/bosses for if they had the right Kelly all along and refused/decided not to publish the Kelly they had, and then were beating by another outlet to have the first pics of the accused up on the internet.
They'll have liability insurance. Suspect CH7 wont even use their insurance, they will settle out of court (if they are smart).

Nobody deserves the crap the other Terry Kelly copped. It is a direct result of CH7 incompetemce so they are liable. He is entitled to the 400k maximum compo (less legal costs) easily IMO and it should be a quick process.

Flash of power

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have they checked the local cash convertors, it's probably sitting on a shelf...
Perhaps CS either wet the sleeping bag or vomited on it. Although she was wearing a nappy, TK may not have changed the nappy for ages.
How do you know she was wearing a nappy?- at four that is less likely than likely, my thought re the nappies is they would be used if she was kept in one room and not allowed out. Would be interesting to know if she wore a nappy at night it is possible.

deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
They'll have liability insurance. Suspect CH7 wont even use their insurance, they will settle out of court (if they are smart).

Nobody deserves the crap the other Terry Kelly copped. It is a direct result of CH7 incompetemce so they are liable. He is entitled to the 400k maximum compo (less legal costs) easily IMO and it should be a quick process.
Oh boy, Dave Gilbertson is on this, he won't fcuk around! I assisted him many years ago when he worked for another firm on a similar case.

$400k will be a starting point for him as he'll have a page of possible related aggravated damages; loss of future employment opportunities/income, ongoing psychological impact requiring counselling and causing erectile disfunction etc. etc.

He's already on the front foot publicly announcing the old 'worst they’d ever seen' claim - good stuff..!

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
How do you know she was wearing a nappy?- at four that is less likely than likely, my thought re the nappies is they would be used if she was kept in one room and not allowed out. Would be interesting to know if she wore a nappy at night it is possible.
You're right, there wasn't mention CS wore a nappy. There was just talk of TK seen buying them at the shop.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Oh boy, Dave Gilbertson is on this, he won't fcuk around! I assisted him many years ago when he worked for another firm on a similar case.

$400k will be a starting point for him as he'll have a page of possible related aggravated damages; loss of future employment opportunities/income, ongoing psychological impact requiring counselling and causing erectile disfunction etc. etc.

He's already on the front foot publicly announcing the old 'worst they’d ever seen' claim - good stuff..!
How much % would he take in legal fees? Should be easy to negotiate. CH7 wont want a civil suit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad