Current Terence Darrell Kelly - Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA #2

Remove this Banner Ad

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
It's possible he visited other places with free WIFI, thinking McDonalds or the like.
The local library too.

Or hung around accomodation sites (like Caravan parks) that offered free wifi, that he could get close enough to, to connect to their wifi, and that he might have been able to get access to one way or another.

Or maybe the sole Telstra Air wifi hotspot at 4 ROBINSON ST, CARNARVON, WA 6701 (a shopping area).

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 3.20.11 pm.png

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I wonder if any Carnarvon locals failed to report suspicious things about the accused, or anyone else that might also be charged related to this crime, because like Cr Smith claims, they also thought that 'there was no way the alleged abduction could have been carried out by anyone in Carnarvon'.

Cr Smith's reported pro-Carnarvon claim might be more PR in his position as a Councillor, than what he actually thought.

I hope he did not share this reported thought with others in a way that might have hindered Police investigations.

'Cr Smith admitted he initially felt there was no way the alleged abduction could have been carried out by anyone in Carnarvon. And while it hurt to find out a local man had been accused of snatching Cleo, he had ultimately been heartened as it meant the little girl was able to be immediately reunited with her mother.'

'Cr Smith said police deserved every bit of praise they got for Cleo’s rescue. He had told his wife the night before Cleo was found that he felt a more positive vibe coming from the police that day and was optimistic an outcome was near.'

'The shire council has already agreed to waive the family’s rates this year'

deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
I wonder if any Carnarvon locals failed to report suspicious things about the accused, or anyone else that might also be charged related to this crime, because like Cr Smith claims, they also thought that 'there was no way the alleged abduction could have been carried out by anyone in Carnarvon'.

Cr Smith's reported pro-Carnarvon claim might be more PR in his position as a Councillor, than what he actually thought.

I hope he did not share this reported thought with others in a way that might have hindered Police investigations.

'Cr Smith admitted he initially felt there was no way the alleged abduction could have been carried out by anyone in Carnarvon. And while it hurt to find out a local man had been accused of snatching Cleo, he had ultimately been heartened as it meant the little girl was able to be immediately reunited with her mother.'

'Cr Smith said police deserved every bit of praise they got for Cleo’s rescue. He had told his wife the night before Cleo was found that he felt a more positive vibe coming from the police that day and was optimistic an outcome was near.'

'The shire council has already agreed to waive the family’s rates this year'
BFew - if you go back about 100 pages, just after Cleo disappeared and some people were unfairly critiquing the couples first interview, - you'll see a comment I made about the fact 99% of people simply have no memory of any insignificant or mundane actions/events/people, because at the time they have no reason to.

E.G. my younger sister got a knock on the door one night and cops showed her a photo of a man (a suspect in a crime they were investigating) who was standing behind her in a supermarket check-out the week before, asking if she could recall anything about him..?
As she rightly stated; "Well, if he wasn't wearing a pink Tutu, insulting me or shouting obscenities, why would I have any reason to remember him..?"

Last edited:

Collie_wobbles

Senior List
Oct 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Presumably TK was on some sort of Centrelink assistance, maybe job search - I don't know. Possibly, one requirement would be to visit a job search place, but not every day, more like once a week. It's like TK went to the place just for a chat with someone. Let's face it, under the circumstances, it's unlikely he was legitimately looking for work, CS would be left alone all day. Do we know if TK has worked within recent years, have any former employers come forward?
From what's been reported TK has never had a job. I wonder if the visiting of the Job Network everyday was a usual routine he done or did this just start occurring after CS went missing.

Also in that article it doesn't actually say that the man that reported this information was actually a Real Future's worker. With TK visiting 4 time's a week, I'd say that they may have a program that needs to be attended for so many hrs a week, so they can be signed off and receive their next government payment. Also not sure how Real Future's computer system is set up, but normally there is a block on what you can search via the Web browsers on job network computers.

So this man IMO that has told Police this information that he may just be a jobseeker himself, as when they asked the lady at reception she didn't want to comment on "hearsay".

I also wonder did this man tell Police this information before or after CS was found.

Are some of these locals just blown away with all the media and just want their 2second of fame and just saying whatever they've heard along the grapevine or just making bullcrap up

deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Are some of these locals just blown away with all the media and just want their 2second of fame and just saying whatever they've heard along the grapevine or just making bullcrap up
I remember as kids if we saw a TV camera and a reporter in the street, we'd walk behind the presenter, jump around and pull faces, just for the chance to get on TV - got chased away a few times; "Cut, let's roll it again, those bloody kids!"...

Last edited:

mooloman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
not a bad payday for the complainant, probably the best one he is likely to see, $300k in his pocket would set up his young family and would probably be fair. If it drags on, the only ones to win will be the lawyers, highly likely he is not across every I and T in the contract he would have signed, so best to accept a fair payout and move on with his life.
It’s interesting that a few people assume C7 will just settle out of court and set a dangerous precedent. Knowing that Stokes is a pugnacious little bastard and his penchant for over priced legal adventure funding (Ben Roberts Smith…) i wouldn’t bet on him not biting his nose off to spite his face. He’ll spend 5 million to protect $400000.

mooloman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
History does show clearly he wasnt the "Terry" and future employment should not be affected.

This doesnt alter the fact that he received threats and was hounded publicly for abduction solely due to CH7's negligence.

Just imagine if it was you who had to go into hiding and you who received death threats accusing you of being a child abducter incorrectly. How many peole have to go through that in their lives?

CH7 should and will pay him out for that and should be bringing in procedures to ensure it never happens again.

Maximum defamation claim is 400k. CH7 will want to settle out of court and it shouldn't be too difficult to get close to that amount (less 30% costs) for a decent lawyer.
I wouldn’t bet money on them settling with anyone unless forced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
TK’s house should be demolished like Fred West’s house. Turn it into a pavement or a park.
I'm not sure Homeswest would do that, thinking houses owned by the state are usually in demand. Perhaps they might redevelop the whole area, like what they've done with Maniana at Queens Park/Quattro and the other Cullacabardee village near Whiteman Park. Homeswest will need to act quickly because it sounds like there's going to be serious retaliation from the locals. Toxic Cres doesn't sound like it's a nice place to live and especially now. I can imagine people driving along the street howling abuse and committing vandalism or the like. Thinking back to the riots in Kalgoorlie, there was rapid escalation, which went on for a considerable length of time.

Anyhow, we live very close to where DA lived in Canning Vale. We moved in a couple of years after the young girl was killed at Livingston Marketplace. In 14 years none of the neighbours have mentioned anything or spoken about the tragedy. One time, people drove past their house and shouted something out. The parents have since moved elsewhere. I've got a feeling it's not going to be the same peaceful situation at Toxic Cres.

Wombot

Senior List
Mar 3, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Bigger question for me though is where / how has he parted company with the sleeping bag, does he have a hiding spot or disposal spot and if so what else might be there? It's clearly a pretty good one, I think that sleeping bag discarded anywhere between the blowholes and carnarvon would have been found by now unless he veered way off track. Sleeping bag is not small.
Maybe he threw it into a clothing bin.

Collie_wobbles

Senior List
Oct 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
A Mazda SUV in Mr Kelly’s driveway was also examined and tagged with “evidence” stickers.

The vehicle is not understood to be the car police allege Me Kelly was in when he was arrested 11 days ago.

Why haven't media reported more about the type of car he was driving when arrested? Would it be under suppression? I would've thought LE would've wanted the public to know exactly what type of car he was using/driving, considering LE were still asking for people who had any footage or interactions with TK in the 18 day's CS was missing to contact LE.

Collie_wobbles

Senior List
Oct 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Legal experts say the images showing the shackles were “entirely prejudicial” and human rights advocates say the use of leg shackles as a routine part of transporting an accused person, particularly an Aboriginal man, should be challenged.

Plz...if he wasn't a danger to himself or other's, then the measures taken to transport him and other's safely wouldn't of been needed.

Trial by jury will be impossible considering how large the case was around the world...but won't stop them from having a judge only trial.

Is there a real difference between trial by jury and trial by judge?

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Legal experts say the images showing the shackles were “entirely prejudicial” and human rights advocates say the use of leg shackles as a routine part of transporting an accused person, particularly an Aboriginal man, should be challenged.
It was confronting imagery but it wouldn't be safe to put someone with a history of violence and acting out on a small/any plane with loose legs and risk a mid-air altercation where he might best the cops and end up in the cockpit.

Trial by jury will be impossible considering how large the case was around the world...but won't stop them from having a judge only trial.

Agree, this case is more widely known than the Claremont murders trial which was judge only. They're far smarter than most jurors.

Flash of power

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Plz...if he wasn't a danger to himself or other's, then the measures taken to transport him and other's safely wouldn't of been needed.

One has a jury of 12 peers that have to be convinced "beyond reasonable doubt" that he committed the crime charged with. In the Supreme Court I understand it has to be unanimous on murder charges but I think only a majority in other cases.
In a judge only trial the judge alone needs to be convinced.

I would think a judge alone trial in this case might be something the defence council may request as the chance of getting a fair trial by jury, with all the media and emotion around this case would be limited.

It is a gamble to go either way, but it is my understanding that it is the accused's decision - it is in SA anyway as far as I know. Maybe any WA lawyers out there can clarify the situation in WA is I believe it varies from state to state.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why haven't media reported more about the type of car he was driving when arrested? Would it be under suppression? I would've thought LE would've wanted the public to know exactly what type of car he was using/driving, considering LE were still asking for people who had any footage or interactions with TK in the 18 day's CS was missing to contact LE.
Agree, this is real curious and/or they might be thinking they're looking for another car and haven't found forensic evidence of Cleo being in the Mazda yet. Given he had to drive past the police station on the way back to the house, we might think that CCTV there would have caught him. It doesn't seem likely any police station wouldn't have the passing traffic covered by CCTV?

deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
One has a jury of 12 peers that have to be convinced "beyond reasonable doubt" that he committed the crime charged with. In the Supreme Court I understand it has to be unanimous on murder charges but I think only a majority in other cases.
In a judge only trial the judge alone needs to be convinced.

I would think a judge alone trial in this case might be something the defence council may request as the chance of getting a fair trial by jury, with all the media and emotion around this case would be limited.

It is a gamble to go either way, but it is my understanding that it is the accused's decision - it is in SA anyway as far as I know. Maybe any WA lawyers out there can clarify the situation in WA is I believe it varies from state to state.
Some good points.

Really a toss of a coin from a defense perspective whether they seek a judge only or jury trial. Toss of the coin also whether the judge permits a jury trial given the publicity of the case - accordingly for this reason the prosecution may likely want a jury trial.

An insanity plea is pretty much off the table now, given there are witnesses, who I assume will testify if needed, who claim TK was enquiring on a regular basis about the missing child - he had.
It's one thing to ignore the related TV news, public posters etc. but regularly asking people for updates, without recognizing the gravity of the situation you are in - means you are 'not insane'...

Kelly's defense will therefore, I predict, be mainly based on arguing Cleo's captivity being contextually one of 'care' and not 'danger'..?

Get your popcorn ready.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad