mooloman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
When the key witness is a 4 year old you have you work cut out for you , the need to show proof without having the child to bear the weight of the facts Is not always simple.
I appreciate that too.

But when they jumped him he presumably had his phone with him? Or else how did they know where he’d be or what car he’d be driving. Did they already have the house under surveillance and wait until he left or was picked up by friends and swapped drivers (preferring an unlicensed person to take over? Did he have access to another car (the Mazda is still in the shed)?

Did police actually have two sets of surveillance running, the car occupants and Terry McWhakoff?

If his house was being surveilled (to make sure he wasn’t home) why not make an excuse to storm in earlier than 1am?

Who did the white phone belong to? Terry? Or one of the mystery car occupants who left it at the house?

A bit of stuff isn’t adding up here.

I agree.
There seems to be quite a lot of whirring in neutral which is forcing the media to jump to conclusions too. Do they actually have enough evidence on this bloke to successfully prosecute him?

If you didn’t know better you might think they’re struggling to put a case together.

It doesn't get much better though far as investigations go into the abduction of a child, they found her against the odds and alive. The case looks really solid, there's no doubt she was found in his house. I can't even think of what kind of defence could be raised but this is all so strange to me, I won't be surprised at what we might hear next.

Have the police said they know what car he was in the night Cleo was taken? They're probably going to have to place him there at the Blowholes and be able to identify the car he was driving. I'm not sure they've done that yet.

They've got the phone ping though apparently.

mooloman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
It doesn't get much better though far as investigations go into the abduction of a child, they found her against the odds and alive. The case looks really solid, there's no doubt she was found in his house. I can't even think of what kind of defence could be raised but this is all so strange to me, I won't be surprised at what we might hear next.

Have the police said they know what car he was in the night Cleo was taken? They're probably going to have to place him there at the Blowholes and be able to identify the car he was driving. I'm not sure they've done that yet.

They've got the phone ping though apparently.
What car was he in? We’re presuming not the Mazda?

Either he has another WIP or borrowed someone else’s ride, or was with someone else

How long were the popo watching his crib before busin in?

How long had he been on the radar?

So many questions.

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I appreciate that too.

But when they jumped him he presumably had his phone with him? Or else how did they know where he’d be or what car he’d be driving. Did they already have the house under surveillance and wait until he left or was picked up by friends and swapped drivers (preferring an unlicensed person to take over? Did he have access to another car (the Mazda is still in the shed)?

Did police actually have two sets of surveillance running, the car occupants and Terry McWhakoff?

If his house was being surveilled (to make sure he wasn’t home) why not make an excuse to storm in earlier than 1am?

Who did the white phone belong to? Terry? Or one of the mystery car occupants who left it at the house?

A bit of stuff isn’t adding up here.
Perhaps TK had a couple of phones, acquired by five-finger discount. Thinking, may have taken other people’s phones then used them until they got cut off or run out of credit. The phone which pinged at the campsite may have run out of credit and wasn’t used anymore. Perhaps WAPOL got Telstra to see who communicated with that particular phone and eventually tracked TK that way.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Even if the med
Perhaps TK had a couple of phones, acquired by five-finger discount. Thinking, may have taken other people’s phones then used them until they got cut off or run out of credit. The phone which pinged at the campsite may have run out of credit and wasn’t used anymore. Perhaps WAPOL got Telstra to see who communicated with that particular phone and eventually tracked TK that way.

Yes.
WAPOL might have had to wade through layers of stolen phones/sim cards, or possibly ones purchased using False ID's, to get to info that would help them ID the accused as a suspect, or the prime suspect.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Sleeping bag, still not found apparently

From the Twist headline, if you did not happen to see the finer print you might be expecting a real 'twist' and not a clickbait 'twist'.

A real twist like
- sleeping bag never left Cleo's family house for the camping trip.
- sleeping bag found left by anonymous on Cleo's families house front door step.
- sleeping bag dropped off to Carnarvon Police Station
- sleeping bag found at a Carnarvon swap meet, with a Bratz doll inside of it

But no.
The surprise twist is that the sleeping bag is still missing.
The West trying to outdo the Daily Mail.

Not sure about the choice of the other 2 front page articles in the West today.
A coincidence?

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.35.17 pm.png

Below is from thewest.com.au today

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.28.57 pm.png

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is going to make me unpopular. But let’s just hope CS’s family make some smarter choices about privacy right about now. They are ‘Viclebrities’ as far as the media are concerned and they will milk and milk and milk them for as long as possible. But they will turn on them at some point too. Say Jake loses his licence for demerit points and has to go to court, he’ll have media there and it will make the papers. You or I wouldn’t even rate a mention.

Accepting gifts and go fund me monies is dangermouse too. It’s gives people a sense of ownership over you. Best thing to do with gifts and donations is to re donate them, perhaps to a missing child charity. They’re not poor.

They seem like a nice couple, but might need to hire some PR help or go off grid a bit.

I look forward to the ACA specials on CS 1 year and 5 years from that fateful day... :rolleyes:

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree.
There seems to be quite a lot of whirring in neutral which is forcing the media to jump to conclusions too. Do they actually have enough evidence on this bloke to successfully prosecute him?

If you didn’t know better you might think they’re struggling to put a case together.
The found an abducted 4yo locked in his house and he can't afford a good lawyer. I don't think it will be a difficult conviction.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Just a reminder that the day Cleo was found, I got laughed at and criticised in here for posting the following brief post.
'Did they find the sleeping bag too?'

I'd only just got over the PTSD from this event :tearsofjoy: and now have to relive it all over again :tearsofjoy:.

What's interesting is that in the West's p1,4-5 article today on the still missing sleeping bag, at no point do they either quote WAPOL, or refer to the Police as saying that the sleeping bag is still missing. They just state that it is missing. Even the article does not provide the name of anyone (journalists or other) under the article title to say who penned it. Maybe they just forgot to put a writer(s) name to the article?

So as far as I'm concerned, the still missing sleeping bag is pure speculation at this point, until WAPOL confirm that it is still missing (maybe they have done this today elsewhere)

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.59.35 pm.png

So as far as I'm concerned, the still missing sleeping bag is pure speculation at this point, until WAPOL confirm that it is still missing (maybe they have done this today elsewhere)

We haven't seen it come out of the house and the cops haven't said they're no longer looking for it. Journalists have been posted with cams at that house 24/7 so I'm thinking they probably haven't found it yet.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
We haven't seen it come out of the house and the cops haven't said they're no longer looking for it. Journalists have been posted with cams at that house 24/7 so I'm thinking they probably haven't found it yet.
Agreed. They most likely haven't found the sleeping bag yet (as of last night when that article was crafted) IMO.

But that's a different matter than just blindly believing a media article that quotes no-one, provides nothing on the source of the information and can't even be bothered to put a writer(s) name or the words "Editor/Editorial" to the article.

Maybe the info on the sleeping bag still missing, came to the West via someone very close to the case who is not Police, and who got there info on the sleeping bag still missing from the Police. Possibly one of the owners of the sleeping bag?

Last edited:

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Agreed. They most likely haven't found the sleeping bag yet (as of last night when that article was crafted) IMO.

But that's a different matter than just blindly believing a media article that quotes no-one, provides nothing on the source of the information and can't even be bothered to put a writer(s) name or the words "Editor/Editorial" to the article.

Maybe the info on the sleeping bag still missing, came to the West via someone very close to the case who is not Police, and who got there info on the sleeping bag still missing from the Police. Possibly one of the owners of the sleeping bag?

Oh dear, this is a front page story too - missing sleeping bag is a 'vital clue'? Wow, that's some creative/desperate journalism right there, not surprising that the author of this nonsense name has not been published.

I mean how is the missing sleeping bag even relevant/of any importance at this stage on the investigation...? It would of been a huge discovery without Cleo found, but that ship sailed 10 days ago...

Perhaps the media think it's a special make/model that came with a hidden spy camera installed..? Or perhaps they think inside will be TK's journal, detailing 20 other kids he has abducted, kept for a month and are now buried in the backyard..?
Surprised the media haven't suggested a reward be offered for the missing sleeping bag, given it's somehow such a 'vital clue'..ha ha

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The strongest evidence against him is that Cleo was found in his house, the sleeping bag is really only interesting for the fact that it's missing. Why would he get rid of the sleeping bag?

Bigger question for me though is where / how has he parted company with the sleeping bag, does he have a hiding spot or disposal spot and if so what else might be there? It's clearly a pretty good one, I think that sleeping bag discarded anywhere between the blowholes and carnarvon would have been found by now unless he veered way off track. Sleeping bag is not small.

Bigger question for me though is where / how has he parted company with the sleeping bag, does he have a hiding spot or disposal spot and if so what else might be there? It's clearly a pretty good one, I think that sleeping bag discarded anywhere between the blowholes and carnarvon would have been found by now unless he veered way off track. Sleeping bag is not small.

Agree, it's a bulky item and important they find out what happened to it. Does he have access to another car somewhere and it was left in that?

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh dear, this is a front page story too - missing sleeping bag is a 'vital clue'? Wow, that's some creative/desperate journalism right there, not surprising that the author of this nonsense name has not been published.

I mean how is the missing sleeping bag even relevant/of any importance at this stage on the investigation...? It would of been a huge discovery without Cleo found, but that ship sailed 10 days ago...

Perhaps the media think it's a special make/model that came with a hidden spy camera installed..? Or perhaps they think inside will be TK's journal, detailing 20 other kids he has abducted, kept for a month and are now buried in the backyard..?
Surprised the media haven't suggested a reward be offered for the missing sleeping bag, given it's somehow such a 'vital clue'..ha ha

I would have thought very very important - dna, blood stains, seeds, sand samples etc, where it is found is of importance too. Hyperthetical they find a hair or a finger nail that doesn't belong to any of the family or the accused where does that take things?

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

Its not so much about the sleeping bag, its more about where it is.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
I would have thought very very important - dna, blood stains, seeds, sand samples etc, where it is found is of importance too. Hyperthetical they find a hair or a finger nail that doesn't belong to any of the family or the accused where does that take things?

Sure, from a forensic perspective it would be a 'nice to have' item, and I agree it may provide further evidence that TK snatched Cleo from the campsite - but unless TK is claiming Cleo knocked on his door one night and he took her in for 18 days, it's a stretch to call it a 'vital clue'...

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sure, from a forensic perspective it would be a 'nice to have' item, and I agree it may provide further evidence that TK snatched Cleo from the campsite - but unless TK is claiming Cleo knocked on his door one night and he took her in for 18 days, it's a stretch to call it a 'vital clue'...

Sorry disagree on this one, IMO the sleeping bag is crucial. Where it is, who has had it, what they find on it or in it.

He was very active online, I'm thinking the police will have to make sure he wasn't acting as part of a network. They'd want to know where that sleeping bag is.

There was something that struck me as a bit odd that one of the neighbours talked about, he was driving and walking up and down his street. It might have been paranoia but there's another scenario. Was he expecting someone and they hadn't shown up? So he was looking to see if they hadn't gone to the wrong house or hoping to wave them down?

He may have met someone online, these people like to share their fantasies with like minds if they think it's safe. There may have been some half baked plot to abduct a child and the other party was either not serious about it in the first place, didn't think he'd follow through, flat out panicked when he realised he did and he'd grabbed a girl out of a tent where most of the country was now looking for her? Changed his mind and wants nothing to do with it. Kelly doesn't know what to do now?

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Must admit I'm curious as to where the sleeping bag went. If the sleeping bag is ever located, it might be amongst other items, which have gone astray from other crimes. Remember Ivan Milat kept loads of bits and pieces and gave them away as gifts - creep.

Sorry disagree on this one, IMO the sleeping bag is crucial. Where it is, who has had it, what they find on it or in it.
Like the smoking gun.

Back