Remove this Banner Ad

We haven't seen it come out of the house and the cops haven't said they're no longer looking for it. Journalists have been posted with cams at that house 24/7 so I'm thinking they probably haven't found it yet.

Who knows if they have the sleeping bag or not, it's not like LE are going to spill the beans if they do especially considering it would be apart of LE's crucial evidence against TK.

Alot was taken from TK's house and all in brown bag's for the prying media not to see exactly what LE has confiscated to build their case against TK

Who knows if they have the sleeping bag or not, it's not like LE are going to spill the beans if they do especially considering it would be apart of LE's crucial evidence against TK.

Alot was taken from TK's house and all in brown bag's for the prying media not to see exactly what LE has confiscated to build their case against TK
Agree. IIRC there has been no statement from Police specifically regarding the sleeping bag after CS was found. There has been no request for the public to keep looking for it either. So there is the possibility one of those big brown evidence bags contained the sleeping bag. There fore as Police have not mentioned the sleeping bag, IMO they have found it in the house.

“Every morning, (he would) ask them what they think of Cleo being kidnapped.
Maybe this was indicative that he was deliberately avoiding reading about it online from trusted sources of truth like Bigfooty.

Agree. IIRC there has been no statement from Police specifically regarding the sleeping bag after CS was found. There has been no request for the public to keep looking for it either. So there is the possibility one of those big brown evidence bags contained the sleeping bag. There fore as Police have not mentioned the sleeping bag, IMO they have found it in the house.

It was a definite 'confirmed' the sleeping bag's still missing according to The West's podcast I listened to yesterday. The information is very specific, I'm confident they haven't found it.

“Every day he (went) there, he wanted updates,” the man told The West Australian.

“Every morning, (he would) ask them what they think of Cleo being kidnapped.

“When they found out, they thought ‘f... me’.”
Presumably TK was on some sort of Centrelink assistance, maybe job search - I don't know. Possibly, one requirement would be to visit a job search place, but not every day, more like once a week. It's like TK went to the place just for a chat with someone. Let's face it, under the circumstances, it's unlikely he was legitimately looking for work, CS would be left alone all day. Do we know if TK has worked within recent years, have any former employers come forward?

Presumably TK was on some sort of Centrelink assistance, maybe job search - I don't know. Possibly, one requirement would be to visit a job search place, but not every day, more like once a week. It's like TK went to the place just for a chat with someone.
Maybe using their computers/internet that those sorts of places usually have available for their clients to use 5 days a week during business hours for their job search, job applications and online training, so that his online activities could be less easily/quickly monitored and identified.

Maybe using their computers/internet that those sorts of places usually have available for their clients to use 5 days a week during business hours for their job search, job applications and online training, so that his online activities could be less easily/quickly monitored and identified.
Spot on BFew, using their internet for media updates. I didn't think for one moment TK was keen to get a job.
It's possible he visited other places with free WIFI, thinking McDonalds or the like.

Under the circumstances, I'd think he'd want to know if WAPOL were closing in on anyone. Attempting to stay ahead of the situation, in case he needed to make alternative arrangements in a hurry.

It's possible he visited other places with free WIFI, thinking McDonalds or the like.

The local library too.

Or hung around accomodation sites (like Caravan parks) that offered free wifi, that he could get close enough to, to connect to their wifi, and that he might have been able to get access to one way or another.

Or maybe the sole Telstra Air wifi hotspot at 4 ROBINSON ST, CARNARVON, WA 6701 (a shopping area).

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 3.20.11 pm.png

I wonder if any Carnarvon locals failed to report suspicious things about the accused, or anyone else that might also be charged related to this crime, because like Cr Smith claims, they also thought that 'there was no way the alleged abduction could have been carried out by anyone in Carnarvon'.

Cr Smith's reported pro-Carnarvon claim might be more PR in his position as a Councillor, than what he actually thought.

I hope he did not share this reported thought with others in a way that might have hindered Police investigations.

'Cr Smith admitted he initially felt there was no way the alleged abduction could have been carried out by anyone in Carnarvon. And while it hurt to find out a local man had been accused of snatching Cleo, he had ultimately been heartened as it meant the little girl was able to be immediately reunited with her mother.'

'Cr Smith said police deserved every bit of praise they got for Cleo’s rescue. He had told his wife the night before Cleo was found that he felt a more positive vibe coming from the police that day and was optimistic an outcome was near.'

'The shire council has already agreed to waive the family’s rates this year'

I wonder if any Carnarvon locals failed to report suspicious things about the accused, or anyone else that might also be charged related to this crime, because like Cr Smith claims, they also thought that 'there was no way the alleged abduction could have been carried out by anyone in Carnarvon'.

Cr Smith's reported pro-Carnarvon claim might be more PR in his position as a Councillor, than what he actually thought.

I hope he did not share this reported thought with others in a way that might have hindered Police investigations.

'Cr Smith admitted he initially felt there was no way the alleged abduction could have been carried out by anyone in Carnarvon. And while it hurt to find out a local man had been accused of snatching Cleo, he had ultimately been heartened as it meant the little girl was able to be immediately reunited with her mother.'

'Cr Smith said police deserved every bit of praise they got for Cleo’s rescue. He had told his wife the night before Cleo was found that he felt a more positive vibe coming from the police that day and was optimistic an outcome was near.'

'The shire council has already agreed to waive the family’s rates this year'

BFew - if you go back about 100 pages, just after Cleo disappeared and some people were unfairly critiquing the couples first interview, - you'll see a comment I made about the fact 99% of people simply have no memory of any insignificant or mundane actions/events/people, because at the time they have no reason to.

E.G. my younger sister got a knock on the door one night and cops showed her a photo of a man (a suspect in a crime they were investigating) who was standing behind her in a supermarket check-out the week before, asking if she could recall anything about him..?
As she rightly stated; "Well, if he wasn't wearing a pink Tutu, insulting me or shouting obscenities, why would I have any reason to remember him..?"

Last edited:
Presumably TK was on some sort of Centrelink assistance, maybe job search - I don't know. Possibly, one requirement would be to visit a job search place, but not every day, more like once a week. It's like TK went to the place just for a chat with someone. Let's face it, under the circumstances, it's unlikely he was legitimately looking for work, CS would be left alone all day. Do we know if TK has worked within recent years, have any former employers come forward?

From what's been reported TK has never had a job. I wonder if the visiting of the Job Network everyday was a usual routine he done or did this just start occurring after CS went missing.

Also in that article it doesn't actually say that the man that reported this information was actually a Real Future's worker. With TK visiting 4 time's a week, I'd say that they may have a program that needs to be attended for so many hrs a week, so they can be signed off and receive their next government payment. Also not sure how Real Future's computer system is set up, but normally there is a block on what you can search via the Web browsers on job network computers.

So this man IMO that has told Police this information that he may just be a jobseeker himself, as when they asked the lady at reception she didn't want to comment on "hearsay".

I also wonder did this man tell Police this information before or after CS was found.

Are some of these locals just blown away with all the media and just want their 2second of fame and just saying whatever they've heard along the grapevine or just making bullcrap up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are some of these locals just blown away with all the media and just want their 2second of fame and just saying whatever they've heard along the grapevine or just making bullcrap up

I remember as kids if we saw a TV camera and a reporter in the street, we'd walk behind the presenter, jump around and pull faces, just for the chance to get on TV - got chased away a few times; "Cut, let's roll it again, those bloody kids!"...

Last edited:
not a bad payday for the complainant, probably the best one he is likely to see, $300k in his pocket would set up his young family and would probably be fair. If it drags on, the only ones to win will be the lawyers, highly likely he is not across every I and T in the contract he would have signed, so best to accept a fair payout and move on with his life.
It’s interesting that a few people assume C7 will just settle out of court and set a dangerous precedent. Knowing that Stokes is a pugnacious little bastard and his penchant for over priced legal adventure funding (Ben Roberts Smith…) i wouldn’t bet on him not biting his nose off to spite his face. He’ll spend 5 million to protect $400000.

History does show clearly he wasnt the "Terry" and future employment should not be affected.

This doesnt alter the fact that he received threats and was hounded publicly for abduction solely due to CH7's negligence.

Just imagine if it was you who had to go into hiding and you who received death threats accusing you of being a child abducter incorrectly. How many peole have to go through that in their lives?

CH7 should and will pay him out for that and should be bringing in procedures to ensure it never happens again.

Maximum defamation claim is 400k. CH7 will want to settle out of court and it shouldn't be too difficult to get close to that amount (less 30% costs) for a decent lawyer.
I wouldn’t bet money on them settling with anyone unless forced.

TK’s house should be demolished like Fred West’s house. Turn it into a pavement or a park.
I'm not sure Homeswest would do that, thinking houses owned by the state are usually in demand. Perhaps they might redevelop the whole area, like what they've done with Maniana at Queens Park/Quattro and the other Cullacabardee village near Whiteman Park. Homeswest will need to act quickly because it sounds like there's going to be serious retaliation from the locals. Toxic Cres doesn't sound like it's a nice place to live and especially now. I can imagine people driving along the street howling abuse and committing vandalism or the like. Thinking back to the riots in Kalgoorlie, there was rapid escalation, which went on for a considerable length of time.

Anyhow, we live very close to where DA lived in Canning Vale. We moved in a couple of years after the young girl was killed at Livingston Marketplace. In 14 years none of the neighbours have mentioned anything or spoken about the tragedy. One time, people drove past their house and shouted something out. The parents have since moved elsewhere. I've got a feeling it's not going to be the same peaceful situation at Toxic Cres.

Bigger question for me though is where / how has he parted company with the sleeping bag, does he have a hiding spot or disposal spot and if so what else might be there? It's clearly a pretty good one, I think that sleeping bag discarded anywhere between the blowholes and carnarvon would have been found by now unless he veered way off track. Sleeping bag is not small.
Maybe he threw it into a clothing bin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back