Movie Terminator Dark Fate

Remove this Banner Ad

More and more outrage by the mums basement living community.

Or so the movies promoters would have you believe. The claim that Terminator fans would be against having a female lead due to misogyny is kind of ridiculous since Sarah Connor was heading this series starting back in 1984, we've since had female Terminators, and Kathryn Brewster.

It's probably contrived outrage, that seems to be the go nowadays. Call fans racist based on a few youtube comments, create a Twitterstorm for free publicity.

It's getting boring now. Hopefully the fans see through it.

Or so the movies promoters would have you believe. The claim that Terminator fans would be against having a female lead due to misogyny is kind of ridiculous since Sarah Connor was heading this series starting back in 1984, we've since had female Terminators, and Kathryn Brewster.

It's probably contrived outrage, that seems to be the go nowadays. Call fans racist based on a few youtube comments, create a Twitterstorm for free publicity.

It's getting boring now. Hopefully the fans see through it.
Very tin foil hat there.

Just the usual outrage from people as shown.

Could the film be garbage? More than likely going off the last few of them.
But going off the comments it's more to do with outrage over SJW stuff than quality of the film. So far anyway.

Very tin foil hat there.

It's hardly a conspiracy theory when we've already seen them do it before.

You can farm outrage about anything on the Internet, particularly if you deliberately set out to provoke it in the first place. It's called trolling.

I've no doubt companies and people involved in movies play up the angles of intolerant fan reaction in order to win an audience of easily fooled progressives.

'See this movie to stand up for diversity!'.

Exactly, then you watch it and it's a Papa Johns commercial.

It's refreshing to see Linda back in the role actually, either she was feeling career nadir and a strong desire to revisit nostalgia or they drove a massive dumptruck with money up to her house. I wonder what the T-nonbinary and its deal is, it might blend into San Francisco but not Texas. The action scenes and visual effects so far leave much to be desired. There was an international market for Genisys but predict this might underperform - the question is will Jim Cameron sabotage it to make sure when he gets the right back it will be a clean slate, or will he make sure it ends conclusively?

It's refreshing to see Linda back in the role actually, either she was feeling career nadir and a strong desire to revisit nostalgia or they drove a massive dumptruck with money up to her house.

I suspect she'd be glad to do it regardless of cash, it's a strong role for her, as long as the writing isn't ridiculous.

I wonder what the T-nonbinary and its deal is, it might blend into San Francisco but not Texas. The action scenes and visual effects so far leave much to be desired.

I think it's an attempt to virtue signal and create a controversy, which would be a shame because MacKenzie Davis is a very good actress and she has done cyberpunk. Look for the claims of transphobic fans near theatre and DVD release.

Very tin foil hat there.

Could the film be garbage? More than likely going off the last few of them.
But going off the comments it's more to do with outrage over SJW stuff than quality of the film. So far anyway.

Pretty confident it's going to be pretty trash, a lot has changed over the years and if you "skip" the intermediary movies which you don't want to involve you're largely left with fill in the gaps + introduce new for a good third of the movie, then exposition to explain going ons mixed with action pieces before resolution lead in to potential.

T1 and 2 did this rather well in having immediate exposition, growing threat to resolution where it didn't "drag" and you were pretty much engaged, T3 and beyond were largely action for the sake of it and you weren't really invested at times in the resolution. Going by what's been shown thus far, it seems they're largely doing the same in focusing on the "action" rather than the build up and the reasons behind it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like that. Now we at least have a story. A few tired concepts though like the human - Terminator hybrid and judgement day being inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm I thought it was more an advanced/enhanced human than a terminator inside a human style from Salvation.

I think you're right but still it's fairly similar. When the continuity was rebooted by the man himself maybe I just had different expectations, but perhaps there is a limit of possibilities to follow up T2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back