Movie Terminator Dark Fate

What's there to say? It's a s**t generic action movie. A s**t Terminator movie. And underlined with Feminist agendas.

There's absolutely nothing redeeming about this entry into the Terminator franchise. It doesn't inspire more sequels of it. It doesn't make T/T2 better. It wasn't necessary.

The only good thing about it, as has been stated by me and my favorite YTers....Grace was enjoyable, and the opening car chase scene that leads to the bridge battle was nice. Everything before that, after that, and around that, was rubbish.

If that's all you have to say then see you in the next thread you decide to wail in.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chris Stuckman is another elite reviewer.

he mentioned recently how woke-agenda scripts are (and were) getting huge bids across the studios, studios clamoring to make them more than non-woke (ie, normal) scripts. that its probably why theres been a huge spate of such movies, which are also designed as rebirthing old franchises, trying to give them life, so studios can grab IP franchises, because everyone is salivating over having an MCU-type thing.

heres his TDF review btw...

Amazing how triggering Brie Larson seems to be. I’m completely lost in this thread. It’s been fascinating to watch how many men she’s riled up this year. At this rate, this thread will soon turn on Greta Thunberg.

I don’t even know how the conversation went on this tangent as I was just looking to converse about Terminator in this Terminator thread.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel like we need a separate board dedicated to YouTube reviews. My eyes!
maybe you and SM should watch them and absorb them, seeing as you both cannot see the obvious at times, and other times are incredibly wrong about something in an argument with someone else on here but too closed-minded to change perception and change mindset, and start being right and astute.

maybe you and SM should watch them and absorb them, seeing as you both cannot see the obvious at times, and other times are incredibly wrong about something in an argument with someone else on here but too closed-minded to change perception and change mindset, and start being right and astute.

Maybe you should stop citing me as if I'm some antagonist and not someone who can actually just think rationally.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
You are just rotting your brain cells watching those.

"Start being right" sounds like dogma to me

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

“Start being right”. And I guess you’ve appointed yourself as Chief Justice of what is “right” and what isn’t?

* me.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
notice that ALL the best elite critics and fans/opinions are aligned....

1. Mackenzie was great and that character was enjoyable.

2. the opening car chase scene was good

3. TDF is a pile of crap as a terminator movie

4. its a decent action movie per se but not really that good

5. the reconning of characters and lore is bad

6. there is woke s**t in it thats unnecesary and more of that agenda pushing happening tho its not as in your face as other recent movies

that is the right and correct conclusion and judgment here. anything that differs from this is incorrect.

Zombie Squad

Fortius Quo Infidelius
Oct 24, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Chris Stuckman is another elite reviewer.

he mentioned recently how woke-agenda scripts are (and were) getting huge bids across the studios, studios clamoring to make them more than non-woke (ie, normal) scripts. that its probably why theres been a huge spate of such movies, which are also designed as rebirthing old franchises, trying to give them life, so studios can grab IP franchises, because everyone is salivating over having an MCU-type thing.

heres his TDF review btw...

Yes, Chris Stuckmann is an absolute champ and probably my favourite of all them, and is actually a huge fan of Aussie movies - Babadook and Lake Mungo two of his horror faves.

I don’t really class the Fandom Menace group as film reviewers....pretty much all they do is rant to articles they find online.

It's going to be difficult to make a terminator movie that appeals to the original style of invincible, unrelenting enemy against relatable main character that doesn't either change the film style so much to tell a new style of story or simply repeat the same ever increasing complexity of both bad guy and good guy as someone needs to be killed or saved.

A thriller turns into an action film.

Zombie Squad

Fortius Quo Infidelius
Oct 24, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's going to be difficult to make a terminator movie that appeals to the original style of invincible, unrelenting enemy against relatable main character that doesn't either change the film style so much to tell a new style of story or simply repeat the same ever increasing complexity of both bad guy and good guy as someone needs to be killed or saved.

A thriller turns into an action film.

This latest movie has likely nuked any future for the franchise, but it’s actually not.

You simply eliminate the two terminator one good/one bad trope, and just make a conventional completely linear movie which depicts the war v skynet and the resistance, set in the post judgement day ruins, as depicted in the first and second movies.

They did try that with Terminator Salvation...unfortunately Sam Worthington’s character and plot was a half cooked mess, and the rest of it was directed by the guy who gave us the two Charlie’s Angels movies.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes, Chris Stuckmann is an absolute champ and probably my favourite of all them, and is actually a huge fan of Aussie movies - Babadook and Lake Mungo two of his horror faves.

I don’t really class the Fandom Menace group as film reviewers....pretty much all they do is rant to articles they find online.
The Fandom Menace at heart (and your favorite Nerdrotic is one of them) are astute. But there's certainly a Lord of the Flies feel about them. Still, they're usually on point about most things, but at times they can fly off the handle. Kind of like the worst Conspiracy Theorists who give other CTers a bad name.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
That is hilarious coming from yourself GG.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
That is hilarious coming from yourself GG.
when have i ever been wrong about a subjective topic? or regarding personal taste and such? all the music, movies, tv shows, art, books, etc i like are spot on, and there are impeccably logical reasons why they are liked...and if people dont like what i like, or cannot see the flaws in things that i see, theres obviously something wrong with them, clearly a breakdown of high-end logic and observational/judgment faculties on their part.

not just subjective/taste. but all big moral or ethical topics, all big and small social and cultural-related discussion points.

Back